View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
RONMAC
Halfway to VIP Status

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
Well I followed every step you just stated two times and it still hasn't worked. Not to mention feeling like a jackass standing in my apartment complex's parking lot for 25 minutes. The only thing I haven't tried is changing radios. Are there multiple to try inside mighty rom? If so how do I get to the options? Would hate for that to be what's tieing me up yet at this point I'm reaching for all possibilities.
I have run into this issue every once in a while after a fresh flash as well. Here is what I do.

1. I install HTC GPS TOOL (attached).

2. I make sure the Location Setting are on.

3. In external GPS settings I make sure the following are set:

a. in the Programs tab GPS Program port is set to COM4

b. in the Hardware tab the GPS hardware port is set to (None) and the Baud rate is set to 4800

c. in the Access tab Manage GPS automatically (recommended) is checked.

4. Update QuickGPS

5. Open up HTC GPS TOOLS and click Open Port (while outside of your building) and let it run. Eventually you will see the Satellite used number grow but you will not have GPS lock Satellite Fixed has the same number. If it runs for 60 seconds with out a fix, close the port and then re-open it. Sometimes the very first lock can take a couple of tries but don't be discouraged.

6. Once it is locked, I close the port, close the tool and immediately start up google maps and you should be set.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_GPS_Tool_1[1][1].2.2.11vga.cab (25.9 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by RONMAC; 04-29-2009 at 11:35 AM.