PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 12:56 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: (1-17-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.9 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptran504 View Post
You need to learn how to say things without stepping on people's feet. Especially people that are working their asses off to provide something without asking for anything in return. This isn't Merdin's day job and you are talking to him like he is working on a project for you. For that matter, you shouldn't even talk to a person like that even if you are paying them. Have some respect.

let it die.....its been he already apologized.....
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (1-17-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.9 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrunner25 View Post
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing....when closing programs by pressing the X, it just goes into the background and not actually closing. I tried using diamond config to change it, but it won't.
go to settings, then system, then task manager, and then buttons, and then check the first circle with the x
Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Ok, One other issue I have noted with the ROMs, don't know if it is phone specific. But I doubt that. So this is the issue, if I am in Text Messages and I Want to delete all the text messages and I chose 'Delete All", it opens up bluetooth Settings instead, and starts seaching for a Printer. I have done it many times with the same result. Is there something I am missing?

Also, this is Battery Basesd. But I don't know if it is my phone or not. How accurate is the Customized Taskbar Battery Readings? For example, like 10 minutes ago, my battery was at 45%, and I did a soft reset, it went to 12% when it booted back up. Does it take that much energy to boot up? It does this many times with different %s. I want to blame the customized taskbar added to the already poor life of the Battery. But if anyone knows a fix or so, please let me know. But I have always been carrying a charger with me to work. And I have also ordered an External Power pack 10Wah ( I believe)

When I added the file for my Text Message Menu Fix, I created a second Communications Tab, and I have Used Diamond Config, but it wont go away, it would rather switch off My Programs Tab, so I just left it there.

So far, thats all Ic an find. Hope there are fixes, if not thats ok. Been doing well with those
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
Ok, One other issue I have noted with the ROMs, don't know if it is phone specific. But I doubt that. So this is the issue, if I am in Text Messages and I Want to delete all the text messages and I chose 'Delete All", it opens up bluetooth Settings instead, and starts seaching for a Printer. I have done it many times with the same result. Is there something I am missing?

Also, this is Battery Basesd. But I don't know if it is my phone or not. How accurate is the Customized Taskbar Battery Readings? For example, like 10 minutes ago, my battery was at 45%, and I did a soft reset, it went to 12% when it booted back up. Does it take that much energy to boot up? It does this many times with different %s. I want to blame the customized taskbar added to the already poor life of the Battery. But if anyone knows a fix or so, please let me know. But I have always been carrying a charger with me to work. And I have also ordered an External Power pack 10Wah ( I believe)

When I added the file for my Text Message Menu Fix, I created a second Communications Tab, and I have Used Diamond Config, but it wont go away, it would rather switch off My Programs Tab, so I just left it there.

So far, thats all Ic an find. Hope there are fixes, if not thats ok. Been doing well with those
Looks like you will need a reflash, but i consider just staying on that rom until i release 3.0 which is probably tommari, but for the text issue, its not happening to me, and also battery is also not happening to me.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nodrogkam is just getting started

Well i decided to try 2.9 updated. Seems to be working just fine thanks. I am noticing poorer battery life from 2.8 and i'm not sure why, but like many others on here i have a charger handy and plug it in when i get the chance. I predict after 1 year my battery will be toast.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pidge is becoming a great contributor

Can't wait for 3.0. Man, I am getting really burned out as of late from all these ROM flashing
Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro, evo

farrellcollie is a n00b

I just flashed this rom - it is my first one and I like it a lot. I just wanted to report I get an error message when I try to open "scroll launcher settings" from the launch programs list. I was just tapping on it to see what it did and I get an error message that says the value does not fall within the expected range. Also the internet explorer page seems to open to sprint for mogul. You may already know about these things and they may not matter at all. I really do like your rom and am not complaining - just reporting what I saw.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Can't wait for 3.0. Man, I am getting really burned out as of late from all these ROM flashing
Youll be ok, as long as your phone doesnt get a cold.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

I can not get the clock to change. I have tried for a couple hours now. Any ideas Merdin?
With the last rom only thing I had to do to change the clock was install a new one to device.
Also do you happen to know of anyway of changing the volume control to the windows pop up version? The one with the two sliders one for system one for phone.
Still having same issue with opera reporting wrong model have not tried the fix posted a few pages back as well as pie
I'm doing a hard reset again trying to figure out the taskbar issue lol I'll try that fix you have for opera links thank you

This rom is one fast smooth running stable rom thank you I can not wait to see the next version
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
I can not get the clock to change. I have tried for a couple hours now. Any ideas Merdin?
With the last rom only thing I had to do to change the clock was install a new one to device.
Also do you happen to know of anyway of changing the volume control to the windows pop up version? The one with the two sliders one for system one for phone.
Still having same issue with opera reporting wrong model have not tried the fix posted a few pages back as well as pie
I'm doing a hard reset again trying to figure out the taskbar issue lol I'll try that fix you have for opera links thank you

This rom is one fast smooth running stable rom thank you I can not wait to see the next version
Not sure about the clock, are you using a cab file or manilla file, and for the volume controll try doing the following, go to resco explorer and then go into the windows folder, and search for HTCVolumeControll, and delete the image file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development