PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (1-11-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.8 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athasian View Post
So I've been using the red 2.8 for a couple of days now, and I just want to say thanks again. The message tab fix worked great, and the rest of the ROM now is nearly perfect. I am wondering if 2.9 will have the new things from the diamond ROM, at least the ones that will work.
Thanks, and yes i will have some of the updated drivers in there, but like you said only ones that will work good.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

ptran504 is a n00b
Re: *Updated*12-28-08'NEW ROM' MERDIN'S ROM V2.1 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20931.1.5.0

I don't know if this is a specific problem to your rom but whenever i plug in the usb cable the "Internet Sharing Program" pops up and activesync does not kick in. I am unable to access my phone when this happens. I also made sure that "Disk Sharing" was not checked in the settings menu. Any advice? Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Re: *Updated*12-28-08'NEW ROM' MERDIN'S ROM V2.1 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20931.1.5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptran504 View Post
I don't know if this is a specific problem to your rom but whenever i plug in the usb cable the "Internet Sharing Program" pops up and activesync does not kick in. I am unable to access my phone when this happens. I also made sure that "Disk Sharing" was not checked in the settings menu. Any advice? Thanks!
Just restart your phone that normaly fixes active sync issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work
Re: (1-11-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.8 { CE OS 5.2.20954 (Build 20954.1.5.0)}FAST

Just something I noticed recently and not really a big deal at all since I rarely connect my phone to my computer to sync. Basically, the Windows Mobile Device Center on my VIsta Home Premium 64bit doesn't see my phone connected. So it won't sync or even setup a sync partnership. The computer recognizes the phone as connecting, the phone asks if I want to start active sync, etc etc.

Still love the ROM and will keep using it because really this isn't a major thing, just wondering if anyone else has the same thing happening, or if anyone knows something I can try. I've of course done the re-boots and restarts of all affected devices.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
ALi
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Converted to Evo-ism
Carrier: Left VZW Moved to Sprint

ALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularALi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Just something I noticed recently and not really a big deal at all since I rarely connect my phone to my computer to sync. Basically, the Windows Mobile Device Center on my VIsta Home Premium 64bit doesn't see my phone connected. So it won't sync or even setup a sync partnership. The computer recognizes the phone as connecting, the phone asks if I want to start active sync, etc etc.

Still love the ROM and will keep using it because really this isn't a major thing, just wondering if anyone else has the same thing happening, or if anyone knows something I can try. I've of course done the re-boots and restarts of all affected devices.
I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate Edition with Windows Mobile Device Center.
1st. make sure that you have the latest Mobile device center installed.

2nd. Remove your partnerships that you currently have and then try again by plugging your device into your computer's usb port. Also try plugging into another usb port as well.

I can definetely state that this rom has nothing to do with any Sync issues. I've been using Merdins ROMs from 2.1 to the current 2.8 and have had no active sync issues with Vista 64bit.

ALi
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:

Sync issues, are mainly causes with your computer, noone else is having these issue, please check your computers connections settings.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALi View Post
I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate Edition with Windows Mobile Device Center.
1st. make sure that you have the latest Mobile device center installed.

2nd. Remove your partnerships that you currently have and then try again by plugging your device into your computer's usb port. Also try plugging into another usb port as well.

I can definetely state that this rom has nothing to do with any Sync issues. I've been using Merdins ROMs from 2.1 to the current 2.8 and have had no active sync issues with Vista 64bit.

ALi
Thank you for the advice, I was definately not blaming the ROM and any details given were simply for completeness of information, just asking for ideas exactly like you gave me. I will give these a shot when I get home.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Im almost done with my new ROM, i updated pretty much every application on there with the new applications released from the new Diamond leaked ROM.
Ill have the link up once im done uploading.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Re: (1-17-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.9 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Ok done uploading link is up so is the change log:

This one seems to be even faster then 2.8

1-17-2009
Merdins ROM v2.9
-New Ce OS 5.2.21109
-New Build 21109.5.0.0
-Fixed Explorer Link in landscape
-Improved speeds
-Added Fixed Pandora
-New Codecs
-Added UI-Random Access
-Updated usb to pc
-updated HTC utility
-Updated HTC Message
-Updated Full Screen Player
-Updated Concurrence Manager
-Updated BTFTP
-Updated DShow
-Updated Camera-6_0_32965_00
-Updated Streaming Media
-Updated Youtube1_6_18221325_0
-Updated Audio Manager
-Updated Audio Booster
-Updated Internet Explorer
-Added GPS tool
-Added Large Title Bar controll
-Added Turn off display switch
-Updated Java
-Updated Live Search
-Updated Video Codecs
-Added TCPMP
-Updated Voice Commander
-Added Manilla icons Arrangement
-Fixed yellow startMenu Highlight
-New D3D driver

Also for the people who want the BLUE color ROM just click on the Blue rom picture on the first page, and download the files, and copy them into the windows folder, and reset.

Hears the link for V2.9

Last edited by Merdinh; 01-17-2009 at 09:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: (1-17-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V2.9 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Does 2.9 have the new Dialer with the slide to answer/ignore? I read thru the change log but I didn't see that there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development