PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (April 26, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.3 CE OS 5.2.21043(Build 21043 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffygiffy2000 View Post
OK, I am admittedly a noob here, but I am having issues with memory not being available when using opera or youtube and a couple other apps on the 6.1 edition of this ROM. is there anything I can do? specifically it is the program memory i only have 8.18mb avilalbe. 94 total.
wow, ok first of all to get this out of the way

NENENENENE NOOOBIEEEEEEE lol, just kidding.

Ok hears what youll have to to, uninstall some of the programs that you installed on your phone, and then reinstall the programs but when it asks you where to install them, make sure your putting the programs on your memory card, and not the phone.
I currently have 248.82 MB free of memory.

another thing you should do is make sure you reset your phone at least once every 2 days or once a day.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
wow, ok first of all to get this out of the way

NENENENENE NOOOBIEEEEEEE lol, just kidding.

Ok hears what youll have to to, uninstall some of the programs that you installed on your phone, and then reinstall the programs but when it asks you where to install them, make sure your putting the programs on your memory card, and not the phone.
I currently have 248.82 MB free of memory.

another thing you should do is make sure you reset your phone at least once every 2 days or once a day.
I agree also. With installing programs there are some that need to be on the device should be installed on the device not on the storage card otherwise it will not work to you benefit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: verizon

giffygiffy2000 is a n00b

so far, I just have what came with the ROM - should I have to uninstall those and reinstall to the card? as it sits now, I have:

Storage: Total - 343, Free - 293

Program: Total - 94.16, Free - 13.02 (I reset)

Is that enough? I dont plan to add a bunch o stuff.

Thanks for not blasting me..
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro for Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

salutations is a n00b

I like this rom, but I have 2 calenders & can't figure out how to remove one of the programs. Tried going into Remove Programs & there's no calender option. Also, tried manage programs & it says 'No Managed Programs have been installed'. I'm new to this so I apologize in advance if this is an easy fix & Also if this has already been addressed. Thanks to anyone who takes time to help!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayushikitsune View Post
I agree also. With installing programs there are some that need to be on the device should be installed on the device not on the storage card otherwise it will not work to you benefit.
What are the odds of running into a fellow grenadian here, much less one also located in VA? Lol
Good to have you here.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

giffygiffy2000 is a n00b

how would i go about getting rid of the large pink menu in the apps and reverting it back to a smaller one?

OK - found my own answer - under the HTCMenu key chg the cuihandler=0 and it reverts back to std menuing

Last edited by giffygiffy2000; 05-07-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yohimbe35 is a n00b

What does the weather master do on this Rom? I click on it and nothing seems to happen.

Also is there a better weather app than the basic that comes with the shell?
I would loike to see the current weather for right now, not just the forecast for the day.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Lurker

Gargamel301 is a n00b

This Rom has given me no problems, great battery, programs & stability. Today though for some reason my spb shell has stopped working. I dont know what happened, now when I start my phone I just see a background, contact as the bottom left soft key and spb home as the bottom right. but when i press spb home, I get the working icon come up for a little while and spin, but nothing happens. anyone else have spb stop working or know why?

thanks for any help
Old 05-07-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

thestick00 is keeping up the good workthestick00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to thestick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel301 View Post
This Rom has given me no problems, great battery, programs & stability. Today though for some reason my spb shell has stopped working. I dont know what happened, now when I start my phone I just see a background, contact as the bottom left soft key and spb home as the bottom right. but when i press spb home, I get the working icon come up for a little while and spin, but nothing happens. anyone else have spb stop working or know why?

thanks for any help
This may or may not be your problem but i figure its worth a shot. Did you register mobile shell 3. Mobile shell 3 has a trial period, but I am pretty sure that at some point you would need to register. I registered my product and have had no problems. MS3 is not freeware and for that reason I am pretty certain that this version that is found in the rom is not one that is cracked by someone to not require a registration. Pretty sure that is NOT allowed in this forum. Like I said. I could be wrong. But I am pretty sure you need to register the product. That may be what is going on. If it is not the case, and lack of registration does not result in the situation outlined above, then I retract my statement and will edit my post. However, I am fairly certain that you will have to register this product at some point to continue to use it. Thoughts anyone?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Lurker

Gargamel301 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestick00 View Post
This may or may not be your problem but i figure its worth a shot. Did you register mobile shell 3. Mobile shell 3 has a trial period, but I am pretty sure that at some point you would need to register. I registered my product and have had no problems. MS3 is not freeware and for that reason I am pretty certain that this version that is found in the rom is not one that is cracked by someone to not require a registration. Pretty sure that is NOT allowed in this forum. Like I said. I could be wrong. But I am pretty sure you need to register the product. That may be what is going on. If it is not the case, and lack of registration does not result in the situation outlined above, then I retract my statement and will edit my post. However, I am fairly certain that you will have to register this product at some point to continue to use it. Thoughts anyone?
Thanks
That may be the problem because I definitely did not register anything, but I was never prompted to register. Even now, it gives me nothing, not even a screen asking me to register. I also wonder why I would be the only one to have to register from all the people on here that have the same ROM. I don't think anyone else has ran into this problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development