PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Commwarrior X is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's for Manila 2 (aka Rhodium TF3D), not the Touch Pro 2.
So am I to assume that it works on this latest ROM with no problems then?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commwarrior X View Post
So am I to assume that it works on this latest ROM with no problems then?
I can't say from first hand knowledge but it has Manila 2 on it, so it should work.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Pro

Rhino27 is a n00b
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

An issue with the6.5 rom.
I'm using the latest 6.5 rom from your website.
I'm using Outlook Email configured to my company's Exchange server. I can get emails fine. The problem is trying to send a new email. Here's the scenario's:
1. I display my Inbox
2. I select Menu, New
3. The blank new email screen displays
4. Using the slide out keyboard
- i press the first character - my companies address book comes up. first character is displayed in the To: field
- I press the second key, the address book goes away, the second character is displayed
- I press the third key, that character is not displayed and the phone freezes. No amount of button tapping, etc. revives the phone. Have to do a soft reset.
5. Using it in a non-slide out keyboard fashion (held vertically in hand)
- same steps as 1 - 3 above.
- I use the on-screen keyboard
- First chacter is selected, address book displayed
- second character selected, address book goes away, character not displayed but cursor shifts to the right one space
- third character selected, email disappears, returns to main menu (main menu of phone)

I've hard reset and soft reset many times to no avail

Regards
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Re: (April 13, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstec View Post
4.2 is Great!! but Have 3 problems and i did hard reset after rom load,
1- erra at bootup ( 00CAB5E6 ) POPS UP every time?
2- want the blue, so copyed all files in the zip file to windows file, but rom is still red after soft reset??
3- just for fun, anyway to change win logo on start button to HTC logo without changing whole taskbar?

Yes im a newbe! Any Help would be Great!! I will send donation!!
ilstec2
Not a noob thing. I tried the blue as well and got the same result, red after reset??
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPO22 View Post
my keyboard just stopped working completely. This must be hardware related ... unbelievable, they just sent me this phone what 2 weeks ago... im calling Sprint for another replacement. unbelievable!

yea i had 2 already with keyboard problem replacements, really disappointing.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

I've had some interesting issues with PIM Backup. I've done many backups before, and this one time before doing a hard reset, I backed up all my data using the full backup option where everything is selected and i have it set to automatically choose my storage card as my default save location but this time, it went through its process of successfully completing the backup, and so i hit exit. I flashed, and then went to restore the backup, but nothing was there! So I was stuck without a bunch of recent messages i received for the week! Now, (and this has happened only twice i believe so far after the flash and backup) Im working, texting like normal, receiving/sending pics, and sometimes when I do a soft reset, it erases some recent texts/pictures I received/sent. Anyone else is having this problem besides me or am I the result of the random phantom bug?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Not a noob thing. I tried the blue as well and got the same result, red after reset??
Are you guys sure that you extracted the files properly, and that it asks you to overwrite another file while adding those files in, if it doesnt with resco explorer then your doing something wrong copying it to the windows folder, if your using total commander to copy to windows folder then it should automatically copy.

ANOTHER MAJOR PROBLEM YOU GUYS MIGHT BE HAVING

Most of the files are hidden so you have to make sure that you have view hidden files enabled both on your computer and on your phone

but what i suggest if your copying the files right to your sd card, then just place the whole zip file on the sd card and it will open on there, and then set veiw hidden files in the Resco Explorer options
that is the problem you guys are having.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
I've had some interesting issues with PIM Backup. I've done many backups before, and this one time before doing a hard reset, I backed up all my data using the full backup option where everything is selected and i have it set to automatically choose my storage card as my default save location but this time, it went through its process of successfully completing the backup, and so i hit exit. I flashed, and then went to restore the backup, but nothing was there! So I was stuck without a bunch of recent messages i received for the week! Now, (and this has happened only twice i believe so far after the flash and backup) Im working, texting like normal, receiving/sending pics, and sometimes when I do a soft reset, it erases some recent texts/pictures I received/sent. Anyone else is having this problem besides me or am I the result of the random phantom bug?

I havent experinced this issue before, but i also never have the box checked for default locationg i just select the sd card.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commwarrior X View Post
I'm reading that this theme only works on the TP2 is that true? Has anyone used it on the TP? And does it work well with the ROM? It's pretty sweet looking and I would like to run this theme with your ROM.

Yes this will work on this rom, its for the Manila 2 not touch pro 2 as already mentioned above.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

Also, I just wanted to get it out too since its sucks lol....
I can receive emails just fine, but when I try to send one, its unable to send....I get the error message that Windows Live Hotmail could not send the message. Please try again. So then I go into outbox and I see it sitting there. Sometimes, I can just hit menu, then send/receive and it sends, but usually I'll have to reopen the message and send it again....and sometimes when even that doesn't work, ill have to hit menu send/receive again after that for it to actually send.
Anyone have any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development