PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 PM
tgt
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

tgt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (April 12, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Yea both of these are know issues with Manila 2 and have nothing to do with my ROM other then the manila, i have no controll over these issues until xboxmod fixes them.

OK, thanks again!
-tgt
Old 04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah
Re: (April 12, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.2*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
Merdin, going to update 6.5 anytime soon?

was wondering the same thing. i thought u said u updated to the 21500, is this correct?

Help Me Help You
Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
was wondering the same thing. i thought u said u updated to the 21500, is this correct?

yea im on 21500 hopefully tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
go into start menu settings then click on system, and then click on clock, and then click on more tab and uncheck both boxes.
Thanks , that was driving me nuts for about 3 hours now, lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Okay. So I love 4.2 with the exception of one thing.

Internet Connection Sharing does not work.

I assume it is because there is no longer a dialog box to let you select Phone as Modem as opposed to Sprint for which connection to use.

When you try to connect it gives you an invalid login and password error.

This is not to say that the phone INTERNET does not work, the internet works perfectly. I am referring specifically to the Internet Connection Sharing Tool.

Other than that, this ROM works perfectly. Unfortunately I had to downgrade to 4.1 as ICS is a BIG BIG deal for me right now with my broken cellular internet card.

Possible Fix?

*edit* On Sprint obviously if it makes a difference. *edit*

-Sayajin

Last edited by Sayajin; 04-13-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

Also Meridin I dididnt know if you were aware of this, however here is a confirmed fix to make Pandora stream properly without skipping. I used this fix on 4.1 and Pandora worked flawlessely.

you need to download advanced configuration tool. change your file system filter cach to 131072 sectors.
go into network and change tcp window size to 98304.
I do this after every flash, and it always fixes it.

I personally change glyph cache to to 32 kb, and file system cache size to 8 mb. allows more history of you tube videos and such

-Sayajin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

power3dfx is a n00b
Re: (March 29, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.1*Manila 2* CE OS 5.2.21042(Build 21042 MerdinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybudd View Post
I just install Diamond Tweak and you can rename those soft buttons. it has some other settings I use also so it's easier than going thru the registry everytime I flash.
this method works great BUT it shows phone and programs as the default when you first open up diamond tweak. so you have to change both softkeys to something else in diamond tweak, exit it, make sure it worked, and then change back to phone and programs (default)

the registry method let me change opera to say internet something the diamond tweak wont let u do
Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayajin View Post
Okay. So I love 4.2 with the exception of one thing.

Internet Connection Sharing does not work.

I assume it is because there is no longer a dialog box to let you select Phone as Modem as opposed to Sprint for which connection to use.

When you try to connect it gives you an invalid login and password error.

This is not to say that the phone INTERNET does not work, the internet works perfectly. I am referring specifically to the Internet Connection Sharing Tool.

Other than that, this ROM works perfectly. Unfortunately I had to downgrade to 4.1 as ICS is a BIG BIG deal for me right now with my broken cellular internet card.

Possible Fix?

-Sayajin

I just tried the tethering, and its working fine for me, can anyone else confirm this is not working.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

power3dfx is a n00b

i couldnt get S2U2 to show the time on the lock screen.. i installed s2u2 right after the flash, and nothing works in settings and default setting (1.61 and 1.62 both dont show the time)

am i the only one or is there a fix? the txt msg lag is still there but so what, this is still my favorite loaded rom! thanks for the 4.2 update looking forward to every update
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by power3dfx View Post
i couldnt get S2U2 to show the time on the lock screen.. i installed s2u2 right after the flash, and nothing works in settings and default setting (1.61 and 1.62 both dont show the time)

am i the only one or is there a fix? the txt msg lag is still there but so what, this is still my favorite loaded rom! thanks for the 4.2 update looking forward to every update
you have to make sure that both clock settings in s2us are set to option 2 thats how i have it and works perfect.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development