PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I'd just like to say that I'm shying away from Merdinh unless he can make 6.5 run as good as his WM Pro 6.1 4.2 ran. I loved that ROM but am now addicted to 6.5 and find Merdinh's to be a little unstable for me. I'm patiently awaiting a better, smoother running 6.5 ROM from you.
interesting. so far his has been the most stable of any 6.5 i've tried. perhaps it's your hardware and/or additional software you're running?

i'm thinking though that once these cooks get their hands on the real version of 6.5 then we'll see better roms.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
interesting. so far his has been the most stable of any 6.5 i've tried. perhaps it's your hardware and/or additional software you're running?

i'm thinking though that once these cooks get their hands on the real version of 6.5 then we'll see better roms.
Only been running this a day but I would have to agree on this.....I have it loaded up...not that it needed much more and it is performing great....nice work Merdinh!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

brunopuntzjones is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
where are you trying to download it from? it's on his website.
yeah but it redirects to some other forum. even after signing up still can't see where to download it
Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones View Post
yeah but it redirects to some other forum. even after signing up still can't see where to download it
that is where the D/L is.................
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I'd just like to say that I'm shying away from Merdinh unless he can make 6.5 run as good as his WM Pro 6.1 4.2 ran. I loved that ROM but am now addicted to 6.5 and find Merdinh's to be a little unstable for me. I'm patiently awaiting a better, smoother running 6.5 ROM from you.
Thats the first time i heard this about my 6.5 Rom, all ive heard is good things about it, and bugs in earliers ones that were mostly fixed. Well everyone has their lickings, but stability is the main thing i work on, and i use the 6.5 version and really love it.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Ok an update on the random freezing/resetting of my phone...

Today I was at work and not using my phone, I went to lunch and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I noticed that I had a text message but it was faded in/out as if it was about to display the number 1 but didn't quite fully make it all the way.
So I hit the screen to get out of it and nothing happened. I hit all the hardware buttons, even power, and nothing happened.
As usual, I press the button at the bottom of the phone to soft reset and it and as usual (each time i soft reset after a freeze), the phone hangs at the beginning Touch Pro logo screen. I tried letting it sit, but it never gets past that point.
Even if I reset multiple times, go into the debug mode where you can see the phone is unlocked and reset again, it still hangs at the Touch Pro screen....forcing me to do a hard reset.

This last hard reset I did before this last one, I only used PIM Backup to restore contacts....and nothing else. I changed all my settings manually this time to test this. So unless the PIM Backup version on the phone is faulty, or my phone is faulty (supposedly its brand new, not refurbished), something may be glitchy in the rom.

I dont mind doing hardware resets, it makes it like having a nice clear new phone, and although I have come to terms with not having my saved text/pic messages anymore, its kind of a bummer to have to do this every couple of days.

Hopefully, the next ROM version wont have this problem....this is the only version I've had this issue with....everything else in the ROM is fantastic as usual.......as long as we dont forget updated programs like newer google maps and that htc customizer - cause those are awesome

And I'm using 6.1 btw....

Thats weird, this has never happend to me before, and ill update google maps in next release along with some other updates ill have.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

Ya, Im hoping its not the new phone that I got, cause after 4 tries, ZAG finally covered it without leaving any wet streaky appearances on it and I got it covered before I scratched it so I was hoping for perfection this time....especially since this isn't a refurbished phone lol.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Ya, Im hoping its not the new phone that I got, cause after 4 tries, ZAG finally covered it without leaving any wet streaky appearances on it and I got it covered before I scratched it so I was hoping for perfection this time....especially since this isn't a refurbished phone lol.
yea i hate redoing the protector. But if noone else can confirm this on their phones, then it could possibly be the phone, i would suggest try another rom for a few days and see how its goes, and then if its good try flashing back to this one.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jinzhen is just getting started

Eh I dont mind, I'll wait til your release since I like the newest lol
One other person has confirmed this so far if you read back a few pages, but that's about it.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started

just a quick question ... arent we supposed to have PANDORA with this 6.1 rom ??? I am looking and cant find it ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development