View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Merdinh
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: (May 17, 2009) MERDIN'S WM6.5Pro 4.5 CE OS 5.2.21232(Build 21232 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinzhen View Post
Ok an update on the random freezing/resetting of my phone...

Today I was at work and not using my phone, I went to lunch and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I noticed that I had a text message but it was faded in/out as if it was about to display the number 1 but didn't quite fully make it all the way.
So I hit the screen to get out of it and nothing happened. I hit all the hardware buttons, even power, and nothing happened.
As usual, I press the button at the bottom of the phone to soft reset and it and as usual (each time i soft reset after a freeze), the phone hangs at the beginning Touch Pro logo screen. I tried letting it sit, but it never gets past that point.
Even if I reset multiple times, go into the debug mode where you can see the phone is unlocked and reset again, it still hangs at the Touch Pro screen....forcing me to do a hard reset.

This last hard reset I did before this last one, I only used PIM Backup to restore contacts....and nothing else. I changed all my settings manually this time to test this. So unless the PIM Backup version on the phone is faulty, or my phone is faulty (supposedly its brand new, not refurbished), something may be glitchy in the rom.

I dont mind doing hardware resets, it makes it like having a nice clear new phone, and although I have come to terms with not having my saved text/pic messages anymore, its kind of a bummer to have to do this every couple of days.

Hopefully, the next ROM version wont have this problem....this is the only version I've had this issue with....everything else in the ROM is fantastic as usual.......as long as we dont forget updated programs like newer google maps and that htc customizer - cause those are awesome

And I'm using 6.1 btw....

Thats weird, this has never happend to me before, and ill update google maps in next release along with some other updates ill have.