PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I wish I knew what reg edits he did and if he changed the 3d drivers and if he did what drivers did he use. Anyone got a clue?
I know his base for starting his roms was one of JD's earlier roms. I honestly think 3.1 was the best rom out there but I can't seem to find my nbh after I upgraded to 4.0
Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
We can't put diamond roms on touchpro...correct?
Right, the Pro has some files that it needs for landscape etc. I remember putting some diamond .dll's on my pro and it caused all sorts of hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I know his base for starting his roms was one of JD's earlier roms. I honestly think 3.1 was the best rom out there but I can't seem to find my nbh after I upgraded to 4.0
3.1? I don't see that. I have his nbh for v3.0, v2.1 24m PP & 48m PP, I guess I missed that one...
Old 12-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Right, the Pro has some files that it needs for landscape etc. I remember putting some diamond .dll's on my pro and it caused all sorts of hell!

3.1? I don't see that. I have his nbh for v3.0, v2.1 24m PP & 48m PP, I guess I missed that one...
I think it might have been the 2.1 one maybe, it definitely was a 48m pp one.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well, after learning about existence of the Sprint Stock ROM "shipped" .exe, i took the plunge and flashed my first custom ROM to my TP. i had been reading all of the threads and this ROM seemed like the best fit for my needs.

so, i flashed this ROM and after 4 full days of use, my experience has been mixed.....after living through the life cycle of the Mogul/Titan and extensively using the stock Sprint TP ROM, i realized that they stepped up their ROM game significantly over the last 2 years. because of this, i was not expecting the performance of the TP to increase with a custom ROM anywhere near level seen with, say, a no2chem/dcd Titan ROM.

i've found with the 4.0 of this ROM that, as expected, the overall performance(speed) is only slightly better than the stock Sprint....it is overall "snappier". however, i've found the battery drain of this ROM to be HORRIBLE....with the stock Sprint i could make it through 2 days of use with battery dangerously low. with this ROM, i see 1/2 of that, and i have to charge every day. i suspect the culprit to be ActiveSync, as it always seems to be running. i've seen mention of a "fix" for this. but, even after searching the thread, i can't find out what the fix is.

other then the poor battery life, i like the ROM. the TF3D theme is ugly, but the matt's Fuzeberry theme fixed that. the opera is much faster then stock, but the Flash plugin is annoying.

i'm going to continue using this ROM atleast until the weekend then try JD's new one or maybe Juggalo's.

keep up the good work Y4J.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 AM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I think it might have been the 2.1 one maybe, it definitely was a 48m pp one.
Well.... If you want it I have the nbh for it... Just let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
well, after learning about existence of the Sprint Stock ROM "shipped" .exe, i took the plunge and flashed my first custom ROM to my TP. i had been reading all of the threads and this ROM seemed like the best fit for my needs.

so, i flashed this ROM and after 4 full days of use, my experience has been mixed.....after living through the life cycle of the Mogul/Titan and extensively using the stock Sprint TP ROM, i realized that they stepped up their ROM game significantly over the last 2 years. because of this, i was not expecting the performance of the TP to increase with a custom ROM anywhere near level seen with, say, a no2chem/dcd Titan ROM.

i've found with the 4.0 of this ROM that, as expected, the overall performance(speed) is only slightly better than the stock Sprint....it is overall "snappier". however, i've found the battery drain of this ROM to be HORRIBLE....with the stock Sprint i could make it through 2 days of use with battery dangerously low. with this ROM, i see 1/2 of that, and i have to charge every day. i suspect the culprit to be ActiveSync, as it always seems to be running. i've seen mention of a "fix" for this. but, even after searching the thread, i can't find out what the fix is.

other then the poor battery life, i like the ROM. the TF3D theme is ugly, but the matt's Fuzeberry theme fixed that. the opera is much faster then stock, but the Flash plugin is annoying.

i'm going to continue using this ROM atleast until the weekend then try JD's new one or maybe Juggalo's.

keep up the good work Y4J.
The fix for the active sync is:
1. Close ActiveSync "entirely" (use dotFred's task manager or whatever suits you)
2. Open up dotFred's task manager and go to "Notifications" (the top right arrow)
3. Delete everything in there EXCEPT the one with the argument "AppRunAfterRndisFnDetected" Close task manager after this.
4. Open up ActiveSync, click Menu --> Add Server Source.
5. Enter any email, and UNTICK "attempt to detect..........". Press next.
6. Server address:127.0.0.1. Press next.
7. Enter anything you want for username, password, and domain. Leave the "save password" option ticked. Press next.
8. UNTICK all four options, then press finish.
9. Close ActiveSync "entirely"
10. Open up ActiveSync again. Press menu --> Schedule.
11. Set both peak times and off-peak times to manual.
12. Close activesync
13. Start --> Settings --> Under "Personal" tab, choose "Phone"
14. Under "Services" tab, choose "Time Synchronization" and click Get settings
15. Untick, then press ok.

Also, I had the Mogul as well, with every version of DCD ROMs, radio upgrade, etc. The reason the Mogul is so great NOW, is because the amount of time DCD and the rest have had refining their ROMs for those phones. This phone has been out for a few months and now we are seeing better XIP, better sys files, better ATI drivers, etc. Gotta give it time. Also, for battery, I get 2 days worth with this ROM and only 6 hours worth with the stock sprint ROM... No clue how this ROM kills your battery, but try the active sync remover because I have great results with it off...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks rico! i'm gonna try that at work tomorrow....bed time now.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I am still searching why Opera 9.5 runs smoother than the Stock opera. I know its not the version because I installed the same version for this rom on the Stock Sprint rom and it still move jerky. Its either the reg tweaks or 3d drivers that are cousing this significant boost.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I am still searching why Opera 9.5 runs smoother than the Stock opera. I know its not the version because I installed the same version for this rom on the Stock Sprint rom and it still move jerky. Its either the reg tweaks or 3d drivers that are cousing this significant boost.
So is Opera 9.5 a complete version? It's not like Opera Lite or anything, is it?

And if I install, will it overwrite my existing installation and map itself to the TF3D tab?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Brutis is a n00b

Edit: I'm an idiot

Last edited by Brutis; 12-17-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
CyanogenMod

Y4Juggs, I hope you're doing alright man... We seriously need you back...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development