PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: tmobile

b0ris84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

i'm itching for 5.0
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

navoid is a n00b

waiting till 5.0 until I unlock my pro and upgrade to a stock rom, when's it coming out?

I know no one knows, but I thought I'd express some interest.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by navoid View Post
waiting till 5.0 until I unlock my pro and upgrade to a stock rom, when's it coming out?

I know no one knows, but I thought I'd express some interest.
The creator has not been on this forum for a long time. Almost a month I think. I say flash this ROM or look at others that are more up to date.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Eric the Ricer is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Eric the Ricer

How do I get my GPS to work? I can't figure it out for the life of me! I just downloaded the Google Maps App, and want to use this for Navi
Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xtwister161 is a n00b

This rom is due for an update. I've been using it for close to a month and here are the biggest bugs (in order from most annoying)

1. When I i'm looking at my txt msges or email while the phone is closed, and I click on the message to open it, and if I open my phone right way, that screen with the 8 options (email, messages, bookmarks, web search... etc) covers up my reply. So end up having to go back my my messages again, and I have to find that message again so that I can use my keyboard to type the reply.

2. Screen Timeout. When I'm on the phone, the screen goes dark at random times. Lets say I'm calling sprint, and it's like "please enter your phone number". As I'm entering my phone number, the screen goes black! ARRR!!! So I quickly have to press the top button for the screen light to go back on. And by that time it's like "Invalid number, enter your number again".
3. Internet shortcut doesnt work for the non-opera version
Old 12-16-2008, 06:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pyrotechnomimus is just getting started

First, I thought Jugg's ROM is running TF3d. Unless I'm missing something, all the advertising about Touch Flo3d, mine does, and has all that nice interface to it. I can turn it off and on in the settings, so, I think its TF3d already.

Second, if you want essentially the original Sprint setup with Jugg's ROM, there are ways to do that. There's even a Zip file with all the original components of Sprint's stuff, so go about installing them. On the forums you can change your tabs on TF3d, just do a search for it here at PPC.

Third, HTC has a built in function to turn off most of their newer HTC phones after a phone call is connected. I believe, if I remember correctly, that this function can be turned off with the Advanced Configuration tool available on these forums. For me, whenever I'm calling someone I am thankful my screen turns off so I don't accidently push my face against saaaaay, "Mute" or "End Call" on the touch screen and screw myself. But if pressing the power button after it asks you for your number and then typing it in isn't your cup of tea, try finding it with the advanced configuration tool or a regeditor.

Last, for whoever was having problems with their slide out keyboard thing replacing the text window. Just slide it open and wait a second for your cursor to blink in, then start typing. Or if the window covers it, there's no need to go menu hopping, just press the task bar icon in the upper right hand corner and choose 'text messages' and it'll bring you back where you were. That's it.

Oh, and as for anything within the theme of this ROM you can change it all. In this forum as well as just on PPCGeeks there are tons of guides on how to do that. Use the search.

And for all of those waiting for Yay 4 Juggs to return, I hope he does too, he made my investment on my phone worth it. It is perfect for my work and my personal uses, lasts me all day, and I can accidently forget to charge it on rare occassions and have it last through a second work cycle (though I gotta charge it basically right when I get home).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:34 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwister161 View Post
This rom is due for an update. I've been using it for close to a month and here are the biggest bugs (in order from most annoying)

1. When I i'm looking at my txt msges or email while the phone is closed, and I click on the message to open it, and if I open my phone right way, that screen with the 8 options (email, messages, bookmarks, web search... etc) covers up my reply. So end up having to go back my my messages again, and I have to find that message again so that I can use my keyboard to type the reply.

2. Screen Timeout. When I'm on the phone, the screen goes dark at random times. Lets say I'm calling sprint, and it's like "please enter your phone number". As I'm entering my phone number, the screen goes black! ARRR!!! So I quickly have to press the top button for the screen light to go back on. And by that time it's like "Invalid number, enter your number again".

look for the NoSleepRapheal cab....

3. Internet shortcut doesnt work for the non-opera version

Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnomimus View Post
First, I thought Jugg's ROM is running TF3d. Unless I'm missing something, all the advertising about Touch Flo3d, mine does, and has all that nice interface to it. I can turn it off and on in the settings, so, I think its TF3d already.

Second, if you want essentially the original Sprint setup with Jugg's ROM, there are ways to do that. There's even a Zip file with all the original components of Sprint's stuff, so go about installing them. On the forums you can change your tabs on TF3d, just do a search for it here at PPC.

Third, HTC has a built in function to turn off most of their newer HTC phones after a phone call is connected. I believe, if I remember correctly, that this function can be turned off with the Advanced Configuration tool available on these forums. For me, whenever I'm calling someone I am thankful my screen turns off so I don't accidently push my face against saaaaay, "Mute" or "End Call" on the touch screen and screw myself. But if pressing the power button after it asks you for your number and then typing it in isn't your cup of tea, try finding it with the advanced configuration tool or a regeditor.

Last, for whoever was having problems with their slide out keyboard thing replacing the text window. Just slide it open and wait a second for your cursor to blink in, then start typing. Or if the window covers it, there's no need to go menu hopping, just press the task bar icon in the upper right hand corner and choose 'text messages' and it'll bring you back where you were. That's it.

Oh, and as for anything within the theme of this ROM you can change it all. In this forum as well as just on PPCGeeks there are tons of guides on how to do that. Use the search.

And for all of those waiting for Yay 4 Juggs to return, I hope he does too, he made my investment on my phone worth it. It is perfect for my work and my personal uses, lasts me all day, and I can accidently forget to charge it on rare occassions and have it last through a second work cycle (though I gotta charge it basically right when I get home).
I agree with a lot of what you're saying... Honestly, the blue, IMO is wonderful, and I am going to try my best to keep it no matter what version of ROM I go with. You just can't make everyone happy with the same theme, just wont happen. Also with the keyboard issue, I don't have absolutely no issue, I hit the text, it opens the program and as soon as I see it loading I flip it and write, it is that simple. I DO NOT want the phone staying on when I'm on the phone, I always turn the screen off anyways to 1. conserve battery, and 2. to not hit any buttons accidentally. I have been through a ton of ROM's, from Juggs 1st verion, to JD's ROM, to the original Sprint ROM, to modded Sprint ROM, and there isn't a more stable ROM then this yet. I will say this though, the Diamond ROMs have gotten far superior then Juggs 4.0. For a long time my 4.0 was better then any Diamond ROM out there in both start-up speed, program execution and stability. Since JUICY ROM 4.2 this has changed and has largely to do with updated drivers and even more tweaks that he has implemented into his ROM, which I honestly was hoping that Juggs would incorporate into his 5.0 build. His 4.0, as it sits right now, does not need a huge make over or it to be re-done because if you don't like it, there's places where you can go to change the theme and color and add the other features you are missing. So far this ROM has a great balance of what is needed and expected to make a very responsive and stable TP....... All it needs is the Stocks tab ... LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
I will say this though, the Diamond ROMs have gotten far superior then Juggs 4.0. For a long time my 4.0 was better then any Diamond ROM out there in both start-up speed, program execution and stability. Since JUICY ROM 4.2 this has changed and has largely to do with updated drivers and even more tweaks that he has implemented into his ROM, which I honestly was hoping that Juggs would incorporate into his 5.0 build. His 4.0, as it sits right now, does not need a huge make over or it to be re-done because if you don't like it, there's places where you can go to change the theme and color and add the other features you are missing. So far this ROM has a great balance of what is needed and expected to make a very responsive and stable TP....... All it needs is the Stocks tab ... LOL
We can't put diamond roms on touchpro...correct?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I wish I knew what reg edits he did and if he changed the 3d drivers and if he did what drivers did he use. Anyone got a clue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development