PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Thank him and just post up what isn't going right for you. =) Simple as that.

Did they work before you installed dashwire and the battery stuff?
I have had no issues with any of his roms, and in install a LOT of things to test it out.
The only thing I ever have happen that is creepy is the calender opens itself up on occasions. not sure how yet. haha.
i secretly stuffed a gremlin in your calendar so as to spook you every now and then...

Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
can you post a screenshot of your installed apps and a screenshot of your home screen please.
well I wished I could show a screenshot but I already flashed my touch pro to another rom yesterday. The calender and messaging issue is still present from a fresh flash too. I hard reset my phone a couple of times over the weekend and the issues was still there. As far as the activesync issue..I never had activesync not working for me on any other rom besides yours.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

i ended up deleting a bunch of texts and everything seems to be working. battery life is amazing compared to stock rom so far.

my only qualm is that i am using threaded text and even though i have the thread open while texting, it still says i have X unread messages. i click the notification at the top and have to manually scroll through the messages for the flashing indicator to go away.

is there a way i can change that?

thanks and great ROM so far!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
seriously...you guys need to get off his sack and understand what people are saying...they are not bashing him and his rom in any way. it's sort of a constructive criticism to fix some of the bugs currently present in the rom. I haven't seen anybody say oooooooooo this rom is teh SUX or anything like that.
If your post is partially directed toward me, there is no sack riding going on, just respect. Also, if you read my post, I said clearly that I wasn't referring to anyone specifically complaining or bashing, just stated that if you didn't like the ROM, find another one. If you wanted to work to find solutions to issues, let's do it. I didn't intend anything but to let JUGGS know that his work is appreciated and that he should not get disheartened buy the issues because it's the nature of what he is doing. That's all.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
i ended up deleting a bunch of texts and everything seems to be working. battery life is amazing compared to stock rom so far.

my only qualm is that i am using threaded text and even though i have the thread open while texting, it still says i have X unread messages. i click the notification at the top and have to manually scroll through the messages for the flashing indicator to go away.

is there a way i can change that?

thanks and great ROM so far!
im still working on the problem..in the interim just before you close the text message inbox window click menu...then mark all as read...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

Quote:
im still working on the problem..in the interim just before you close the text message inbox window click menu...then mark all as read...
thanks, Juggs

its not a big deal, but i'll try that in the meantime. loving your ROM btw. lot less bloated then stock ROM.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
i secretly stuffed a gremlin in your calendar so as to spook you every now and then...
I knew collaborating with you on the rom was a bad idea!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
thank you for your many kind words and support...i will try and answer your questions with the best of my ability.

1. calender has to do with the cab you installed for the colour change...i did it all by hand in the rom to avoid any issues such as this...hard reset and test for yourself the calendar works...
I believe you that it's the cab I installed, not your rom. The calendar worked flawlessly before the black and red. Without hard resetting, do you know how I could fix it? I tried to do the black and red by hand but no one on elvelynn's thread would answer my questions regarding the rerouting of the globe selection (saw you had the same question in the thread and it seems yours wasn't answered either....) Can I re-install the calendar app? If so, ya got a file lying around for it?

I saw somewhere that someone downloaded a third party calendar app and found a way to route it through the calendar tab. You, or anyone got any specifics on this? I'm sure I could find it myself but just got back to work after missing 3 days for my son's birth so maybe someone has a quick link or file, etc.??

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY 4 JUGGS
2. while in the list view of your email inbox select menu...from there you will see a delete all at the bottom....use that to delete all of your emails...and if you're in the text inbox go to menu...select...select all...all below...etc use that to highlight your messages then select delete from the menu...not delete all. its a bug within the outlook enhancements and the current system not my rom...
I was actually hoping this WAS an issue with your ROM so you could tell me how to undo it I don't like thismethod but definately not a deal breaker, just got to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY 4 JUGGS
3. if you flashed 4.0 with opera you're using 2475 and it is known to crash in landscape mode...did it to me several times...this is why i made a rom without opera so users can pick and choose their own version.
Makes sense. I was at the point of no return when I discovered there were more stable Opera betas. I tried 9.5 beta2 and it sucked due to it's lack of VGA support I guess. Had WAY TOO MUCH time into customizing to redo everything using your w/out Opera ROM. When Opera makes a new official 9.5 or 10, will I be able to download it to my device without issues? You would think they would make an installation file that would properly delete the/replace the 9.0 files and settings and give you the landscape support (tap the search the web icon and it works for example. Watcha think?

Last edited by jihadi; 11-26-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Far as I could tell when I updated last time, opera replaced all the files properly and the new version worked just fine in place.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

opera will copy over and replace existing builds...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development