PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shanep4db is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
I usually do set my texst size to smaller also, but changing the text size didn't seem to affect changing the text volume. there were a one or 2 more other things that was really small, but i can't think of them right now. the volume text is very tiny. is there a way to get it to a bigger size.
From the first post of this thread:

to all wishing to go back to a larger font in the pop up menu this is what you need to do...open up the dotfred reg editor and go to hklm/system/gwe/menu/popfont and change the pop font to 800,900 or 1000 i made it 700 so it wouldnt take up precious real estate on this gorgeous screen.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shanep4db is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
I usually do set my texst size to smaller also, but changing the text size didn't seem to affect changing the text volume. there were a one or 2 more other things that was really small, but i can't think of them right now. the volume text is very tiny. is there a way to get it to a bigger size.

For the volume control text size do this:

6. To fix the HTC Volume Control download the link from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=512254&postcount=39(Thanks opuscroakus) Open TC and go into /windows rename the HTCVolumeControl.dll to HTCVolumeControl.dll.bak use TC to place the new .dll file into /windows and soft reset. After this you can delete the .bak one. (updated 11/11/08 )

Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor

To YAY 4 JUGGS, I wouldn't let the minor issued dishearten you. I started with your 3.0 then moved to 4.0 and I must say, I LOVE the ROM. Any cooked ROM will have small issues but from what I have read on the other available ROMs for the PRO, yours is the fastest, most stable. I think some users' issues could be coming from 3rd party apps, custom icons and quite simply just installing things improperly and not following directions. Most of the issues I have seen here do not exist with my tp USING YOUR 4.0 Rom and I was a complete NOOB coming into this (So many thanks to all those who helped me learn!!)

Don't be discouraged. You can't please everyone. I am sure you put ALOT of time and enery into this and should be proud of your efforts and your results. I see TP user's on other forums discussing other custom ROMs and I see issues with theirs. It's the naturte of the beast so to speak. I've seen quite a few drop their custom ROM and say they were going/have gone to yours. Frankly I am quite impressed with your ROM.

I guess what I am trying to say is, THANK YOU and keep up the great work!!

Now, I have a couple questions for you and the others involved with this thread. Some of my issues are related to your ROM while others are from completely different tweaks that I have made but I am hoping I can get some assistance to PERFECT my TP! Please keep in mind that I will not reflash as I have put way too much work into getting my device where it is now.

What I have changed/altered:

-Went from 3.0 which I used for a day until 4.0 was released. I now have 4.0 with Opera
-I have installed a complete set of custom icons (EVDO, Activesync, Signal strength, new message/mail and a battery meter that shows in incraments of 1% usind Darklord69's icons and some tweaks from tsowen, brock1909 and HTCLeener. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293
- gordic's red and black theme cab file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=421435&page=6
-Removed Activesync (from opening and running all the time) which, I must say, has GREATLY improved the TP's battery life!!
-Running my wallpaper on all tabs (can't find the link right now but it's the Sprint TP specific setup that re-centers everything nicely!)
-Custom clocks, wallpapers, etc. (See pics) PICS WILL BE ADDED WITHIN THE HOUR

1) My calender tab on the home screen doesn't work. It does not open my calender. Anyone got a fix for this? I think this is a result of gordic's black and red theme (.cab file I ran to get Elvelynn's black and red) but I am not sure.

2) In my email application, I used to be able to swipe my finger over sevral/many emails and batch delete. Now I have to click menu/select messages/several and tap every email individually to batch delete. Anyone know how I can revert this back to the stock batch delete method of simply swiping my finger to select multiple emails?

3) Opera mobile shuts down alot in landscape (probably an Opera issue, not ROM related) I have Opera Mobile 9.0 I have heard of much success with Opera build 2745. Can I get this to work on my device having Opera 9.0?

4) When I go to/from landscape mode, my phone screen opens and whatever I was doing hides in the background. I have to close the phone screen and find my activity in the dropdown "running programs" menu

My threaded text has always worked fine, no false "unread messages,etc.
My Activesync works fine when syncing with PC (didn't work on my office PC but it was a problem with only that PC. Uninstalled-reinstalled and worked fine)

My device will be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT if I can find fixes to these minor issues (mainly email batch delete and the Opera issues)

BTW, I have backed up my entire device using PIM backup and SPB backup 2.0 and PHM registry editor. Don't know if that helps anyone help me?!?!

Many thanks to any/all who help

Yours truly,
YAY 4 JUGGS fanboy

If I can think of anything else, I will edit and add what I have forgotten.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You guys are being very kind with your comments... I'm sure Y4J appreciates that
Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
You guys are being very kind with your comments... I'm sure Y4J appreciates that
Not as much as many of us appreciate his work!! Not trying to suck up or anything, just recognizing where respect is due. I see how many hours, resets, questions and frustrations I have experienced since diving into the customization of my device and can't imagine how much more people like him have endured and for what? To make something for other people, FOR FREE!! What a stand up character!

With that said, if anyone wants to complain, you can always flash another ROM or revert back to stock. However, if resolving issues is what you want to do, let's do it! We can all work together to accomplish a single goal!!

I am not saying that anyone has specifically complained, just offering my $.02

Last edited by jihadi; 11-26-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't want my request for help regarding my issues to get lost so please don't miss my previous long post thanking Y4Js. I REALLY hope to get these issues resolved soon and COMPLETE the layout/funcionality of my device. Thank you all. Here are the screenshots I promised. This is my customized TP with YAY 4 JUGGS 4.0 ROM w/Opera. ENJOY!!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

seriously...you guys need to get off his sack and understand what people are saying...they are not bashing him and his rom in any way. it's sort of a constructive criticism to fix some of the bugs currently present in the rom. I haven't seen anybody say oooooooooo this rom is teh SUX or anything like that. For some people, it's just not stable at it's current state. It may be be stable to some people but it doesnt mean it's stable for all. For me, I didn't even install much on my phone besides dashwire and battery icon and that was it. My activesync just completely stop working, the calender button don't work, the messaging prompt is kind of messed up, and I doubt it's due to those things I installed. So to me and ONLY me, that would seem unstable and I would love to see these things fixed. If it does then I certainly would love to try Y4J's rom again.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
To YAY 4 JUGGS, I wouldn't let the minor issued dishearten you. I started with your 3.0 then moved to 4.0 and I must say, I LOVE the ROM. Any cooked ROM will have small issues but from what I have read on the other available ROMs for the PRO, yours is the fastest, most stable. I think some users' issues could be coming from 3rd party apps, custom icons and quite simply just installing things improperly and not following directions. Most of the issues I have seen here do not exist with my tp USING YOUR 4.0 Rom and I was a complete NOOB coming into this (So many thanks to all those who helped me learn!!)

Don't be discouraged. You can't please everyone. I am sure you put ALOT of time and enery into this and should be proud of your efforts and your results. I see TP user's on other forums discussing other custom ROMs and I see issues with theirs. It's the naturte of the beast so to speak. I've seen quite a few drop their custom ROM and say they were going/have gone to yours. Frankly I am quite impressed with your ROM.

I guess what I am trying to say is, THANK YOU and keep up the great work!!

Now, I have a couple questions for you and the others involved with this thread. Some of my issues are related to your ROM while others are from completely different tweaks that I have made but I am hoping I can get some assistance to PERFECT my TP! Please keep in mind that I will not reflash as I have put way too much work into getting my device where it is now.

What I have changed/altered:

-Went from 3.0 which I used for a day until 4.0 was released. I now have 4.0 with Opera
-I have installed a complete set of custom icons (EVDO, Activesync, Signal strength, new message/mail and a battery meter that shows in incraments of 1% usind Darklord69's icons and some tweaks from tsowen, brock1909 and HTCLeener. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293
- gordic's red and black theme cab file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=421435&page=6
-Removed Activesync (from opening and running all the time) which, I must say, has GREATLY improved the TP's battery life!!
-Running my wallpaper on all tabs (can't find the link right now but it's the Sprint TP specific setup that re-centers everything nicely!)
-Custom clocks, wallpapers, etc. (See pics) PICS WILL BE ADDED WITHIN THE HOUR

1) My calender tab on the home screen doesn't work. It does not open my calender. Anyone got a fix for this? I think this is a result of gordic's black and red theme (.cab file I ran to get Elvelynn's black and red) but I am not sure.

2) In my email application, I used to be able to swipe my finger over sevral/many emails and batch delete. Now I have to click menu/select messages/several and tap every email individually to batch delete. Anyone know how I can revert this back to the stock batch delete method of simply swiping my finger to select multiple emails?

3) Opera mobile shuts down alot in landscape (probably an Opera issue, not ROM related) I have Opera Mobile 9.0 I have heard of much success with Opera build 2745. Can I get this to work on my device having Opera 9.0?

4) When I go to/from landscape mode, my phone screen opens and whatever I was doing hides in the background. I have to close the phone screen and find my activity in the dropdown "running programs" menu

My threaded text has always worked fine, no false "unread messages,etc.
My Activesync works fine when syncing with PC (didn't work on my office PC but it was a problem with only that PC. Uninstalled-reinstalled and worked fine)

My device will be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT if I can find fixes to these minor issues (mainly email batch delete and the Opera issues)

BTW, I have backed up my entire device using PIM backup and SPB backup 2.0 and PHM registry editor. Don't know if that helps anyone help me?!?!

Many thanks to any/all who help

Yours truly,
YAY 4 JUGGS fanboy

If I can think of anything else, I will edit and add what I have forgotten.
thank you for your many kind words and support...i will try and answer your questions with the best of my ability.

1. calender has to do with the cab you installed for the colour change...i did it all by hand in the rom to avoid any issues such as this...hard reset and test for yourself the calendar works...

2. while in the list view of your email inbox select menu...from there you will see a delete all at the bottom....use that to delete all of your emails...and if you're in the text inbox go to menu...select...select all...all below...etc use that to highlight your messages then select delete from the menu...not delete all. its a bug within the outlook enhancements and the current system not my rom...

3. if you flashed 4.0 with opera you're using 2475 and it is known to crash in landscape mode...did it to me several times...this is why i made a rom without opera so users can pick and choose their own version.

4. going into landscape mode unless certain programs are running will almost always bring up the selections box within the touchflo 3d app that is by design of the app not a design of the rom...i wish there were a way to prevent that damn thing from being there entirely but for now we all must suffer with its quirks.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
seriously...you guys need to get off his sack and understand what people are saying...they are not bashing him and his rom in any way. it's sort of a constructive criticism to fix some of the bugs currently present in the rom. I haven't seen anybody say oooooooooo this rom is teh SUX or anything like that. For some people, it's just not stable at it's current state. It may be be stable to some people but it doesnt mean it's stable for all. For me, I didn't even install much on my phone besides dashwire and battery icon and that was it. My activesync just completely stop working, the calender button don't work, the messaging prompt is kind of messed up, and I doubt it's due to those things I installed. So to me and ONLY me, that would seem unstable and I would love to see these things fixed. If it does then I certainly would love to try Y4J's rom again.
can you post a screenshot of your installed apps and a screenshot of your home screen please.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post

Thank him and just post up what isn't going right for you. =) Simple as that.

Did they work before you installed dashwire and the battery stuff?
I have had no issues with any of his roms, and in install a LOT of things to test it out.
The only thing I ever have happen that is creepy is the calender opens itself up on occasions. not sure how yet. haha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development