View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
jihadi
PPCGeeks Regular

jihadi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

To YAY 4 JUGGS, I wouldn't let the minor issued dishearten you. I started with your 3.0 then moved to 4.0 and I must say, I LOVE the ROM. Any cooked ROM will have small issues but from what I have read on the other available ROMs for the PRO, yours is the fastest, most stable. I think some users' issues could be coming from 3rd party apps, custom icons and quite simply just installing things improperly and not following directions. Most of the issues I have seen here do not exist with my tp USING YOUR 4.0 Rom and I was a complete NOOB coming into this (So many thanks to all those who helped me learn!!)

Don't be discouraged. You can't please everyone. I am sure you put ALOT of time and enery into this and should be proud of your efforts and your results. I see TP user's on other forums discussing other custom ROMs and I see issues with theirs. It's the naturte of the beast so to speak. I've seen quite a few drop their custom ROM and say they were going/have gone to yours. Frankly I am quite impressed with your ROM.

I guess what I am trying to say is, THANK YOU and keep up the great work!!

Now, I have a couple questions for you and the others involved with this thread. Some of my issues are related to your ROM while others are from completely different tweaks that I have made but I am hoping I can get some assistance to PERFECT my TP! Please keep in mind that I will not reflash as I have put way too much work into getting my device where it is now.

What I have changed/altered:

-Went from 3.0 which I used for a day until 4.0 was released. I now have 4.0 with Opera
-I have installed a complete set of custom icons (EVDO, Activesync, Signal strength, new message/mail and a battery meter that shows in incraments of 1% usind Darklord69's icons and some tweaks from tsowen, brock1909 and HTCLeener. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293
- gordic's red and black theme cab file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=421435&page=6
-Removed Activesync (from opening and running all the time) which, I must say, has GREATLY improved the TP's battery life!!
-Running my wallpaper on all tabs (can't find the link right now but it's the Sprint TP specific setup that re-centers everything nicely!)
-Custom clocks, wallpapers, etc. (See pics) PICS WILL BE ADDED WITHIN THE HOUR

1) My calender tab on the home screen doesn't work. It does not open my calender. Anyone got a fix for this? I think this is a result of gordic's black and red theme (.cab file I ran to get Elvelynn's black and red) but I am not sure.

2) In my email application, I used to be able to swipe my finger over sevral/many emails and batch delete. Now I have to click menu/select messages/several and tap every email individually to batch delete. Anyone know how I can revert this back to the stock batch delete method of simply swiping my finger to select multiple emails?

3) Opera mobile shuts down alot in landscape (probably an Opera issue, not ROM related) I have Opera Mobile 9.0 I have heard of much success with Opera build 2745. Can I get this to work on my device having Opera 9.0?

4) When I go to/from landscape mode, my phone screen opens and whatever I was doing hides in the background. I have to close the phone screen and find my activity in the dropdown "running programs" menu

My threaded text has always worked fine, no false "unread messages,etc.
My Activesync works fine when syncing with PC (didn't work on my office PC but it was a problem with only that PC. Uninstalled-reinstalled and worked fine)

My device will be ABSOLUTELY PERFECT if I can find fixes to these minor issues (mainly email batch delete and the Opera issues)

BTW, I have backed up my entire device using PIM backup and SPB backup 2.0 and PHM registry editor. Don't know if that helps anyone help me?!?!

Many thanks to any/all who help

Yours truly,
YAY 4 JUGGS fanboy

If I can think of anything else, I will edit and add what I have forgotten.
This post has been thanked 1 times.