jihadi
PPCGeeks Regular

jihadi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
thank you for your many kind words and support...i will try and answer your questions with the best of my ability.

1. calender has to do with the cab you installed for the colour change...i did it all by hand in the rom to avoid any issues such as this...hard reset and test for yourself the calendar works...
I believe you that it's the cab I installed, not your rom. The calendar worked flawlessly before the black and red. Without hard resetting, do you know how I could fix it? I tried to do the black and red by hand but no one on elvelynn's thread would answer my questions regarding the rerouting of the globe selection (saw you had the same question in the thread and it seems yours wasn't answered either....) Can I re-install the calendar app? If so, ya got a file lying around for it?

I saw somewhere that someone downloaded a third party calendar app and found a way to route it through the calendar tab. You, or anyone got any specifics on this? I'm sure I could find it myself but just got back to work after missing 3 days for my son's birth so maybe someone has a quick link or file, etc.??

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY 4 JUGGS
2. while in the list view of your email inbox select menu...from there you will see a delete all at the bottom....use that to delete all of your emails...and if you're in the text inbox go to menu...select...select all...all below...etc use that to highlight your messages then select delete from the menu...not delete all. its a bug within the outlook enhancements and the current system not my rom...
I was actually hoping this WAS an issue with your ROM so you could tell me how to undo it I don't like thismethod but definately not a deal breaker, just got to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAY 4 JUGGS
3. if you flashed 4.0 with opera you're using 2475 and it is known to crash in landscape mode...did it to me several times...this is why i made a rom without opera so users can pick and choose their own version.
Makes sense. I was at the point of no return when I discovered there were more stable Opera betas. I tried 9.5 beta2 and it sucked due to it's lack of VGA support I guess. Had WAY TOO MUCH time into customizing to redo everything using your w/out Opera ROM. When Opera makes a new official 9.5 or 10, will I be able to download it to my device without issues? You would think they would make an installation file that would properly delete the/replace the 9.0 files and settings and give you the landscape support (tap the search the web icon and it works for example. Watcha think?

Last edited by jihadi; 11-26-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typos