PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11/17] 4.0 IS HERE!!! 32mb Pagepool and SUPER CLEAN

I've had nothing but problems with this rom ever since installing it....at first it was fine then after a day it just went downhill.....my battery life seems like it's worse now and now my text messages are kind of screwy...it shows new messages but when i click it then it don't go away correctly...it still shows that I have a new message and have to click the messages a couple of times before it would go away...I've even hard reset my phone 3 times within a couple of days to see if it was just a fluke but unfortunately it's not....calender button still don't work, time zone always change on soft reset, and activesync no longer works ....only plus is that it's still fast...I guess I'm going back to stock for now....
Old 11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

GregOP is a n00b

Well I'm not complaining about the rom as it seems this happens in almost all roms, although I can't verify that yet. I have reinstalled this particular rom 6 times tonight, each time I verify flash works, install 1 program, check again and find out flash has failed again. mun background for all pages, nocurtains, totalcommander, they all seem to cause the flash to fail which seems like it should be completely unrelated. Any ideas?!@#?!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM
N00b

pyrotechnomimus is just getting started

So far I've installed quite a few programs, from alarms to icon modifications as well as other things. I've installed some of the normal cabs back into the ROM, and I've got no problems. I haven't tried nocurtains, for instance, but I have tried a bunch of other things. Activesync stopped working for me after I installed the mxniupdate .xml thing, but I just went back in to ActiveSync and re-setup my original exchange email. My battey life on this ROM is exceptionally better than stock, as in like before I could do maybe a fifth of the things I do now. And depending on what I'm doing I get even more than the 5 times battery life. I do have the messaging issue, but from previous posts my workaround is to turn off threaded messaging so I have to essentially click on each message as it comes in. It hasn't been a big deal, but I do hope that small thing gets fixed. Otherwise this ROM is perfect, and the stock ROM is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Thanks again Yay 4 Juggs.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

GregOP is a n00b

Well, I guess I'll give it a shot without doing any of my usual changes, but the thing is, nocurtains makes the OS look SO much beter IMO. Then the background for all pages is an absolute must as well. Without those two things, the phone looks like junk... I guess I just have to deal with broken flahs, but I have no clue why a manila change would cause a broken flash player....
Old 11-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

snackle is a n00b

First custom ROM I've flashed yet...liking it so far. Will use for a bit and report back Thanks!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

ok..."noob" question...more like obvious question...

there seem to be mixed "results" from flashing the same ROM for lots of folks. Is it a hardware issue? Or is it what was orginally loaded in the device that are causing different issues?

I've been rocking this 4.0 noOpera for a few days now...have installed more than a few .cabs. Have noticed that the weather update hangs every so often. Otherwise, I have NOT had any issues. I'm extremely pleased with the battery life now...WinMo device considering! No call issues, nor text messaging issues. Picturemail is working quite spiffly!! I have not tried to install no curtain or background in all tabs...just got this feeling that the ROM wouldn't like that much. I have installed a different clock and have not had a problem. TF3d Config works well enough...but otherwise, I think TF3D is still a bit restrictive when it comes to customization (at least for novices like me.)
Old 11-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
ok..."noob" question...more like obvious question...

there seem to be mixed "results" from flashing the same ROM for lots of folks. Is it a hardware issue? Or is it what was orginally loaded in the device that are causing different issues?

I've been rocking this 4.0 noOpera for a few days now...have installed more than a few .cabs. Have noticed that the weather update hangs every so often. Otherwise, I have NOT had any issues. I'm extremely pleased with the battery life now...WinMo device considering! No call issues, nor text messaging issues. Picturemail is working quite spiffly!! I have not tried to install no curtain or background in all tabs...just got this feeling that the ROM wouldn't like that much. I have installed a different clock and have not had a problem. TF3d Config works well enough...but otherwise, I think TF3D is still a bit restrictive when it comes to customization (at least for novices like me.)
More likely than not a bad mix of programs, or people not following the mantra of Hard Reset, flash, battery pull, hard reset. or installing programs that tweak with the rom. Though as I mentioned I cannot get GPS to work for the life of me with this rom.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
N00b

pyrotechnomimus is just getting started

Weird, cause my GPS works better than before. As far as the variables, anything that hasn't been working exactly right on my phone seems to always be the things multiple others have faced and noticed. And, quite amazingly, either its fixed with a small step-by-step or it is some minor nuance that isn't fixable. I didn't spend too much time with the original ROM so I'm not entirely certain what things are standard and what aren't, I do know the text messaging counter issue is one not in the stock ROM (my gf has a stock HTC Touch Pro, to which I test some differences on). As far as the weather is concerned, on Juggs's ROM it actually updates more consistently when I go to the Tab than my girlfriend's weather which will not just hang but often times not even update. So I have to manually force it. Same automatic update settings on both.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Maybe I missed it but... what version of Opera is included with ROM 4.0 with Opera? What my phone came with is Opera 9.5 build 2316 and it is near perfect but I'm willing to upgrade. And if Opera 9.5 is not in the ROM is there a way we can install a working legal copy since it came with our phones? Finally, how is the latest build of 9.5 working for those that are running it?

Thanks in advance,
tsp
Sprint TP
Old 11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

ok all sorry i havent been around much have been extremely busy lately...i am starting a new build sometime today based off the new 294 system so look for updates coming real real soon...after this it may be my final build as the forum is getting far too concentrated with new roms...kinda hard to keep up with the Jone's and what not.

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development