PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-2-10 Twisted BeginsV3 Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I just find it strange that it only gives that tone on the first call after a soft reset. Every call after that the tone does not sound. I wonder if there is a way to change that tone anyway, or if its built into a dll or other file.

It really doesn't matter anyway, it's not like it affects the performance of this awesome ROM, its just more of a curiosity.

Thanks!

--housinit
Ok people, I figured out what that 3 beep tone is that plays on the first call after a soft reset. It is the phone notifying us that Voice Privacy is not available. Does this tone happen to EVERYONE? Or just to some of us?

If I turn of "Notify When Voice Privacy Is Unavailable" and soft reset and then make a call, it does not give me the tone. If I turn it back on and then soft reset, it DOES give me the tone one the 1st call. Is this normal for Voice Privacy to not be working on our handsets? Does Sprint have this turned off on their network? Or has Voice Privacy been turned off on my phone by Sprint cuz someone is listening in on my conversations?

Please, if everyone could reply with whether or not they get the tone would be great. Kind of worries me a bit.

Thanks!

--housinit
Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenlink View Post
Thanks. I had installed the Sprint Extras but forgot to do the soft reset.

On another note, I've noticed than whenever I used a wired headset with the phone it shows a notification that bluetooth is on. Never saw that with other ROMs. Is that a quirk with this particular one?
That is just the taskbar icons answer to the headset being plugged in. I don't think there is a headset icon.

Quote:
Ok people, I figured out what that 3 beep tone is that plays on the first call after a soft reset. It is the phone notifying us that Voice Privacy is not available. Does this tone happen to EVERYONE? Or just to some of us?

If I turn of "Notify When Voice Privacy Is Unavailable" and soft reset and then make a call, it does not give me the tone. If I turn it back on and then soft reset, it DOES give me the tone one the 1st call. Is this normal for Voice Privacy to not be working on our handsets? Does Sprint have this turned off on their network? Or has Voice Privacy been turned off on my phone by Sprint cuz someone is listening in on my conversations?

Please, if everyone could reply with whether or not they get the tone would be great. Kind of worries me a bit.

Thanks!

--housinit
This is a generic ROM. I'm not positive but you may be able to solve the issue by installing your carrier cab.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: ROM 2-9-10 Twisted BeginsV4 Sense 2.5 build 21876

HEY GUYS..................
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69#post1506969

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE CHANGES ON THE FIRST POST!!!!
AND AGAIN PLEASE, PLEASE..........MAKE SURE THAT IF ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYBODY HELPS YOU..........CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON ON THEIR POST.

IT'S NOT PERFECT.....BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE. AND I BET YOU DO TOO!!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks!

--housinit

So after doing some research and testing I figured out that Sprint has this feature turned off on their network. Also, I flashed to my stock ROM and the tone does not sound. The reason being that under Phone\Services the Voice Privacy feature has been removed from the ROM completely. The notify checkbox is still there under the general phone settings tab, but checking or unchecking it does nothing. So I was trippin' over nothing.

FYI- I tried installing the carrier cab in V3 and it did not resolve the issue, the only way to resolve the issue is to use a stock ROM, but a work around is to just turn off Voice Privacy in the services menu.

TwisteDan --- Awesome ROM, Downloading V4 right now and can't wait to flash to it. Thanks!!! Actually, Flashing now!

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 02-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph500)
Carrier: Verizon

Giggles 312 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
8. Switched back to older Sense messaging client. "SMS"
now when you say "older Sense messaging client" you mean the version when you click all messages it goes to the standard WM sms? cause i hate that lol

p.s looking forward to lite rom for my crippled VZW TP.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles 312 View Post
now when you say "older Sense messaging client" you mean the version when you click all messages it goes to the standard WM sms? cause i hate that lol

p.s looking forward to lite rom for my crippled VZW TP.
No No not the standard..........It's basically the same just has a send button rather than the text bubble. It just works better.
And as far as the Lite version is concerned..........Keep in mind that I am testing it on a Sprint TP so I don't know how well it will work. But I can tell you that out of the box. V4 had between 109 and 112 mb free and the Lite version I believe was showing about 125 mb free. I just have a few things to reorganize and it will be ready tomorrow.

Also the Lite version really is Lite..I pulled a bunch of stuff out of it trying to make enough room.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raph500)
Carrier: Verizon

Giggles 312 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
No No not the standard..........It's basically the same just has a send button rather than the text bubble. It just works better.
And as far as the Lite version is concerned..........Keep in mind that I am testing it on a Sprint TP so I don't know how well it will work. But I can tell you that out of the box. V4 had between 109 and 112 mb free and the Lite version I believe was showing about 125 mb free. I just have a few things to reorganize and it will be ready tomorrow.

Also the Lite version really is Lite..I pulled a bunch of stuff out of it trying to make enough room.
coolio coolio. will test when uploaded and letcha know how it fairs with VZW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rocking V4 right now. Best ROM yet to date. Going to play around with it a bunch tonight. Photo Album works a lot better, Task Manager is working good, love the Start Menu organization and all the icon customization. Everything is working great so far.

The only thing I don't like is that by default WMV files are opened in the Album and I'd rather have them open up in WM Player. I fixed this just by using Total Commander to associate WMV files to WMPLAYER.EXE. No biggie, just my own preference.

--housinit
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry I'm late!!! Downloading right now
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Found a small glitch. No Internet Explorer link in Internet folder or anywhere in Start Menu. I copied the shortcut to the Start Menu\Internet folder and it still won't show up. Copied it to root of Start Menu folder and it doesnt show up there either. Weird. So I can't open up Internet Explorer very easily, I have to go to Total Commander to open it up. So i'm just going to make it my default web browser so I can open it with the manila web tab.

--housinit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development