View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
housinit
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 2-2-10 Twisted BeginsV3 Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
Ok people, I figured out what that 3 beep tone is that plays on the first call after a soft reset. It is the phone notifying us that Voice Privacy is not available. Does this tone happen to EVERYONE? Or just to some of us?

If I turn of "Notify When Voice Privacy Is Unavailable" and soft reset and then make a call, it does not give me the tone. If I turn it back on and then soft reset, it DOES give me the tone one the 1st call. Is this normal for Voice Privacy to not be working on our handsets? Does Sprint have this turned off on their network? Or has Voice Privacy been turned off on my phone by Sprint cuz someone is listening in on my conversations?

Please, if everyone could reply with whether or not they get the tone would be great. Kind of worries me a bit.

Thanks!

--housinit

So after doing some research and testing I figured out that Sprint has this feature turned off on their network. Also, I flashed to my stock ROM and the tone does not sound. The reason being that under Phone\Services the Voice Privacy feature has been removed from the ROM completely. The notify checkbox is still there under the general phone settings tab, but checking or unchecking it does nothing. So I was trippin' over nothing.

FYI- I tried installing the carrier cab in V3 and it did not resolve the issue, the only way to resolve the issue is to use a stock ROM, but a work around is to just turn off Voice Privacy in the services menu.

TwisteDan --- Awesome ROM, Downloading V4 right now and can't wait to flash to it. Thanks!!! Actually, Flashing now!

--housinit

Last edited by housinit; 02-09-2010 at 10:53 PM.