PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (FINAL) ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnynyn View Post
the dialer on the stock sprint rom works perfectly (both in portrait and landscape), any chance you can pull it off from that rom?

also, check you may want to add these new video drivers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=647280

im testing it out right now and definitely notice an improve in sense tabs, especially when scrolling through pics and texts
My only gripe with the stock dialer is the corny incoming call notification. Now that I'm used to the htc dialers, it's hard going back to the extra step to locate the contacts etc imo.. . Stock dialer is always in the rom though. Just disable the phone canvas.

I see that there's a cab for the video drivers. I will test it out on the current rom to see if I find a difference.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tnynyn is a n00b
Re: (FINAL) ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

Actually, the dialer in the stock sprint rom is the same dialer in the goodsense rom i believe, not the default WM dialer.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnynyn View Post
Actually, the dialer in the stock sprint rom is the same dialer in the goodsense rom i believe, not the default WM dialer.
Oh! you mean the default dialer in stock! That is not slide to answer but I do like it. Finding or creating it would be a serious project unfortunately. I tried finding the cab a few times to no avail. I think I found one for diamond but it somehow didn't work full screen in touch pro. To make it happen I would have to create a kitchen from scratch so that I would not mix up any files needed for the dialer. Then I would try to locate the cab again to see what is used then do something like a copy and paste, substituting the files in the cab. s2a is the dialer encouraged to used with these new versions of manila though. I think I saw somewhere that using slide to unlock (s2u2) can help with sliding to answer something I would need to confirm though cause I don't see how lockscreen and dialer can have something in common. Personally I hate s2u2 but...
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tnynyn is a n00b

no problem, i dont like s2u2 either. The current dialer is almost perfect so i can live with it, i just have my phone in landscape alot due to texting and the incoming call screen is a bit messed up. other than that, everything works great.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc snap

shithead123 is a n00b

Is there anyway that you can put program icons inside utilities folder along with the other programs that came with the rom?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead123 View Post
Is there anyway that you can put program icons inside utilities folder along with the other programs that came with the rom?
Yes. Using file explorer, navigate to My Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Just copy the icon of your program then pasting it to the folder of your choice.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaolyen
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
I knew that question would eventually come up................So....I'm probably gonna get strangled for this but.............

The Samsung Moment............(Android Phone)

I also noticed that Calkulin (best kitchen creator) has the same phone.
He had a TP2.......And built kitchens for it.
Don't know what made him switch though.

EDIT: He has a custom ROM for it already. I'm trying it out now.
/sigh

Why is it that when I finally find a good ROM for this thing the chef quits soon after? =(
Trust me accessing is working on it. .......Trust me you need to try whatever he creates

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

meliswhi5 is a n00b

Hopefully someone can help me! I keep losing internet connection on my phone and I have to flash back to stock and then back to this ROM. When I lose the connection I can't update weather, use opera or even do a sprint update profile. As soon as I flash back I get the net back and then flash to this ROM and lose the net within 24hrs. Any ideas? Only cab I downloaded was the cookie home tab.

I was connected to the computer when I couldn't connect and disconnected from the computer and now I can get online, was that what was causing the issue? I feel kinda dumb if thats the case?

Last edited by meliswhi5; 04-06-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Aukutsutsu is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Oh! you mean the default dialer in stock! That is not slide to answer but I do like it. Finding or creating it would be a serious project unfortunately. I tried finding the cab a few times to no avail. I think I found one for diamond but it somehow didn't work full screen in touch pro. To make it happen I would have to create a kitchen from scratch so that I would not mix up any files needed for the dialer. Then I would try to locate the cab again to see what is used then do something like a copy and paste, substituting the files in the cab. s2a is the dialer encouraged to used with these new versions of manila though. I think I saw somewhere that using slide to unlock (s2u2) can help with sliding to answer something I would need to confirm though cause I don't see how lockscreen and dialer can have something in common. Personally I hate s2u2 but...
Actually the MR ROM that HTC released for Sprint's Touch Pro, which can be downloaded from the HTC Support site, does have slide to answer. It was one of the updates they made. It works perfectly in landscape, handles three way calls better, and I wouldn't mind seeing it slip in this ROM... or maybe as a cab if possible... if anyone with some skills is reading... *wink wink*

Also, somebody posted a replacement dll file to fix the volume issue. I used this because I noticed with the HTCVolumeControll.dll that is cooked in, there are still two volumes when using the side keys even if "Single Volume" is selected. The replacement only has one when "Single Volume" is selected. However, since the replacement was from the towens taskbar the volume taskbar icons did not match the rest of the icons, so I repacked the dll file with the icons included in this ROM's theme. I'll attach it if anyone is interested.

Also I want to say that this is the only ROM I've come across since I got my phone a year ago that I think is worthy of everyday use. I just found others were not stable enough. This ROM is incredibly stable, isn't bloated, runs fast, has updated files and has great battery. I am glad to see someone who cares about stability enough to resist throwing in all the newest betas, etc. that will be great soon but are riddled with bugs for now. Hats off to you, Twisted! And thanks accessing for not letting this ROM die so easy! This ROM is AWESOME!

EDIT: I forgot to mention to use this dll just use total commander to rename the one in your windows directory to "HTCVolumeControl.dll.bak" and copy the new one into the windows directory and soft reset. Then you can delete the .bak if you want, but it isn't necessary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip (56.0 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Aukutsutsu; 04-06-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 04-07-2010, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

stone7187 is a n00b
Cool Re: (FINAL) ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

any luck for vzw users...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development