View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Aukutsutsu
N00b

Aukutsutsu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (FINAL) ROM 3-24-10 Twisted Goodsense Two Sense 2.5 with landscape build 21895

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Oh! you mean the default dialer in stock! That is not slide to answer but I do like it. Finding or creating it would be a serious project unfortunately. I tried finding the cab a few times to no avail. I think I found one for diamond but it somehow didn't work full screen in touch pro. To make it happen I would have to create a kitchen from scratch so that I would not mix up any files needed for the dialer. Then I would try to locate the cab again to see what is used then do something like a copy and paste, substituting the files in the cab. s2a is the dialer encouraged to used with these new versions of manila though. I think I saw somewhere that using slide to unlock (s2u2) can help with sliding to answer something I would need to confirm though cause I don't see how lockscreen and dialer can have something in common. Personally I hate s2u2 but...
Actually the MR ROM that HTC released for Sprint's Touch Pro, which can be downloaded from the HTC Support site, does have slide to answer. It was one of the updates they made. It works perfectly in landscape, handles three way calls better, and I wouldn't mind seeing it slip in this ROM... or maybe as a cab if possible... if anyone with some skills is reading... *wink wink*

Also, somebody posted a replacement dll file to fix the volume issue. I used this because I noticed with the HTCVolumeControll.dll that is cooked in, there are still two volumes when using the side keys even if "Single Volume" is selected. The replacement only has one when "Single Volume" is selected. However, since the replacement was from the towens taskbar the volume taskbar icons did not match the rest of the icons, so I repacked the dll file with the icons included in this ROM's theme. I'll attach it if anyone is interested.

Also I want to say that this is the only ROM I've come across since I got my phone a year ago that I think is worthy of everyday use. I just found others were not stable enough. This ROM is incredibly stable, isn't bloated, runs fast, has updated files and has great battery. I am glad to see someone who cares about stability enough to resist throwing in all the newest betas, etc. that will be great soon but are riddled with bugs for now. Hats off to you, Twisted! And thanks accessing for not letting this ROM die so easy! This ROM is AWESOME!

EDIT: I forgot to mention to use this dll just use total commander to rename the one in your windows directory to "HTCVolumeControl.dll.bak" and copy the new one into the windows directory and soft reset. Then you can delete the .bak if you want, but it isn't necessary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip (56.0 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Aukutsutsu; 04-06-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something