PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
***Updated***

***Updated***

Aight peepz its fixed. You should now no longer need the original dialer or the rar file from earlier. Just install my fix and you get the entire modified dialer.
Very nice. I didn't include the Dusk dialer due to the size initially. Now that won't be an issue. With your permission I will cook this into the next MaxDusk ROM.

Last edited by ahuskins; 01-03-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Bell

Boogie1979 is a n00b
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Does anyone know how to change Opera 10 Beta 2 -----> Opera 9.7?

I would like to have it launch from the same place now.

Let me rephrase.

Currently i just scroll to the right and get to the globe. This will launch Opera 10. I would like the globe to launch Opera 9.7.

Why i would like to change out Opera 10 beta 2 is because after launch and loading a couple of pages, it gives me an error that my memory is full.

I did Flashdance the phone before installing this rom.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what is the solution?

I did do a search on this thread and did not come up with anything.

Thanks for the help.

PS. SKI-ROM kick ass. I just swapped from the energy rom and its much better on my TP.

Great work!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

jroyalty7 is becoming a great contributor

this rom is gonna make you famous my friend, this is just a visual and functional work of art, as someone who has been hooked on nfsfan roms for almost a year i now have a new favorite, i really thought no one could top his roms but youve done it man props on this its f***ing amazing!!!!!!

Go Ahead... Make My Day... Hit The Thanks Button

Old 01-04-2010, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie1979 View Post
Why i would like to change out Opera 10 beta 2 is because after launch and loading a couple of pages, it gives me an error that my memory is full.
I've been getting memory full errors to. hadn't connected it directly to Opera, though. (123009 Sense 2.1)
Old 01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
***Updated***

***Updated***

Aight peepz its fixed. You should now no longer need the original dialer or the rar file from earlier. Just install my fix and you get the entire modified dialer.
Very nice. I didn't include the Dusk dialer due to the size initially. Now that won't be an issue. With your permission I will cook this into the next MaxDusk ROM.
What about a newer SYS?
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Let me rephrase.

Currently i just scroll to the right and get to the globe. This will launch Opera 10. I would like the globe to launch Opera 9.7.

Thanks for the help.

PS. SKI-ROM kick ass. I just swapped from the energy rom and its much better on my TP.

Great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
I've been getting memory full errors to. hadn't connected it directly to Opera, though. (123009 Sense 2.1)
I've seen that error before but not on the 1230 MaxDusk.

Try this: go to your Opera Browser and in the address bar type opera:config

Scroll down to Disk Cache

Select Empty on Exit

Also go to Size and set it to 20000

That should take care of it.

EDIT: Dont forget to scroll down a bit and click Save

Last edited by iknowsquat; 01-04-2010 at 12:41 AM.
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:

Let me rephrase.

Thanks for the help.

Great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsf View Post
Next update on all ROM's will be reverting to Opera 9.7. If you want or need 10 then you can download and install for yourself. Opera 10 has memory leak problems. I believe that I included Opera 9.7 in the last release so I would recommend using that until I can update. If you search at XDA you can find a thread or two discussing the edits needed to make Opera 10 the default and you could just change the browser exe to OperaL.exe to revert. Search and ye shall find.
Updates in a couple of days probably.

Edit: Thanks Winmo for the Cache empty fix! Gonna test that for a couple of days and see how things go. May not have to remove Opera 10 after all. Question though, why increase the cache size so much. Since I haven't tested with it that way maybe you could shed some light. Better performance? I'll PM you tomorrow, been kinda busy. Now to figure out how to cook that in. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Last edited by ahuskins; 01-04-2010 at 12:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Next update on all ROM's will be reverting to Opera 9.7. If you want or need 10 then you can download and install for yourself. Opera 10 has memory leak problems. I believe that I included Opera 9.7 in the last release so I would recommend using that until I can update. If you search at XDA you can find a thread or two discussing the edits needed to make Opera 10 the default and you could just change the browser exe to OperaL.exe to revert. Search and ye shall find.
Updates in a couple of days probably.

Edit: Thanks Winmo for the Cache empty fix! Gonna test that for a couple of days and see how things go. May not have to remove Opera 10 after all. Question though, why increase the cache size so much. Since I haven't tested with it that way maybe you could shed some light. Better performance? I'll PM you tomorrow, been kinda busy. Now to figure out how to cook that in. Shouldn't be too difficult.
That amount is just the recommendation I found in my travels. I think the main benefit will come from emptying on exit but for some who browse a lot they may also gain some benefit from increasing the size though a smaller bump should do the trick just as well. I'll lower mine to 10000 and run it for a few days as a test, but like I said I have not been seeing the error while in Opera on 1230 MaxDusk.

Hit me up whenever Bro.

EDIT:Just to be clear-I haven't been seeing that error without making the edits on 1230 MD, I made them tonight as a test.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 01-04-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

jroyalty7 is becoming a great contributor

hey guys im hoping you can help me out with an incompatibility issue, I use cricket mobile sevice and I use the ryan mogul cricket wap and arcsoft cab to set up all my mms etc... but when I install his cab it causes the battery and speaker icons to revert to original icons from stock??? I tried just instaliing dusk evolution taskbar cab over the top but then the evdo icon reverts to stock, I guess I can just change the dll file but I was wondering if you guys ran into any issues like this or know how to fix it,? and if you know if dusk theme icons are available? thanks for any help u guys, been looking around all night to fix this
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Next update on all ROM's will be reverting to Opera 9.7. If you want or need 10 then you can download and install for yourself. Opera 10 has memory leak problems. I believe that I included Opera 9.7 in the last release so I would recommend using that until I can update. .
thank you sir, i agree opera 9.7 is the better option right now. + visual bookmarks work with it, so you kill a couple birds with one stone. i like this rom alot & really appreciate the new updates & how you've set things up. its really a great experience. gj

& livinxtreme your contributions have been great, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3