PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

I'm using WinCE 2.1 to cab it up. Granted that is a little out dated. Anyone suggest any other?

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:55 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
I'm using WinCE 2.1 to cab it up. Granted that is a little out dated. Anyone suggest any other?
How are you setting up the DLL file?
Might work better if you just added the files without the DLL to the cab and let them copy to Windows on install.
I think the DLL is the issue.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

I tried to add the DLL to a NEW cab and it fails because it is not a valid WinCE setup DLL and does not have proper export functions.
Not sure how you made the DLL but I can not get it to install.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Sounds like you guys are on top of it but I thought I'd chime in, got unsigned errors as well-both uncompressed and compressed cabs.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just updated post with the rar file that contains the dll file that needed to be put into the windows folder so just unrar it and drop it in the windows folder and confirm to replace. This will have to work until I can get the cab to install.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Alright bare with me guys, evidentally I have to remove the certificate from the dll before editing and then resign after modifying so give me a little more time and I'll have a fully functioning cab for the dialer fix. Haha sorry for the mixups
Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Just updated post with the rar file that contains the dll file that needed to be put into the windows folder so just unrar it and drop it in the windows folder and confirm to replace. This will have to work until I can get the cab to install.
Mad Props bro! Just dropped it in w/ no issue. SR is in process....
Old 01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Alright bare with me guys, evidentally I have to remove the certificate from the dll before editing and then resign after modifying so give me a little more time and I'll have a fully functioning cab for the dialer fix. Haha sorry for the mixups
Nice job bro.
I tried to sign it here but it did not work first go round.
Getting ready to head out so will check back later.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

***Updated***

Quote:
Aight I have another little tweak for you guys. For those of you that have went all "Dusked" out with Grzegorz10's theme like I have, you may have found that the dialer doesn't offer the correct functions at the bottom for us TP users. You could live with it as I did for the first week or so as its only the skins that are affected, not the actual button function. But if your like me you want it to be accurate so I made a quick fix that will correct it. Just install my fix after first installing the dialer and all should be fine.

Before

After

Oh and I am including a link to the original dusk dialer cab for those that will certainly come across this post and say, "Hey! I didn't know about that! Where ya get the dialer from?" Haha so here it is. Click here for dialer <----Original Dialer

Okay I am really pleased to say that I am finally done with this God-forsaken cab installer haha. Now you shouldn't even require the original dialer as mine should include everything needed independently so just install to device and your set. Enjoy! Here it is <----My Fix
***Updated***

Aight peepz its fixed. You should now no longer need the original dialer or the rar file from earlier. Just install my fix and you get the entire modified dialer.

Last edited by livinxtreme2114; 01-03-2010 at 07:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

gonzo1323 is a n00b

love the rom, but i can't seem to get tellme working on 2.1 any advice?

Last edited by gonzo1323; 01-03-2010 at 07:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3