PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Aight I have another little tweak for you guys. For those of you that have went all "Dusked" out with Grzegorz10's theme like I have, you may have found that the dialer doesn't offer the correct functions at the bottom for us TP users. You could live with it as I did for the first week or so as its only the skins that are affected, not the actual button function. But if your like me you want it to be accurate so I made a quick fix that will correct it. Just install my fix after first installing the dialer and all should be fine.

Before

After

Oh and I am including a link to the original dusk dialer cab for those that will certainly come across this post and say, "Hey! I didn't know about that! Where ya get the dialer from?" Haha so here it is. Click here for dialer <----Original Dialer

Okay I am really pleased to say that I am finally done with this God-forsaken cab installer haha. Now you shouldn't even require the original dialer as mine should include everything needed independently so just install to device and your set. Enjoy! Here it is <----My Fix

Flash yours and see the difference.
If I've helped you in any way, Please remember to hit the Thanks button.

Last edited by livinxtreme2114; 01-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122509 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinxtreme2114 View Post
Aight I have another little tweak for you guys. For those of you that have went all "Dusked" out with Grzegorz10's theme like I have, you may have found that the dialer doesn't offer the correct functions at the bottom for us TP users. You could live with it as I did for the first week or so as its only the skins that are affected, not the actual button function. But if your like me you want it to be accurate so I made a quick fix that will correct it. Just install my fix after first installing the dialer and all should be fine.

Before

After

Oh and I am including a link to the original dusk dialer cab for those that will certainly come across this post and say, "Hey! I didn't know about that! Where ya get the dialer from?" Haha so here it is. Click here for dialer

And here is my file for the fix. Enjoy
Very nice work.
I may just cook this into my next DarkRoot rom.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Appreciate the props bro, but hey its really all Grzegorz10 for the nice skinning. I just modified it a bit for us.

One thing I have noticed about the original is that when you press what should be the back/erase button before my fix, it jumps up a pixel or two. So though my fix will correct the skin, the problem with it jumping up is within the original dialer itself. Still trying to take it apart and resolve it.

Last edited by livinxtreme2114; 01-03-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Appreciate the props bro, but hey its really all Grzegorz10 for the nice skinning. I just modified it a bit for us.
I have Dusk dialer cooked in now but this mod is a great thing for our devices.
Looks like you did a great job.
Soon as RapidShare will let me DL I will test it out.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
The Rootinator

Quote:

Before

After

Oh and I am including a link to the original dusk dialer cab for those that will certainly come across this post and say, "Hey! I didn't know about that! Where ya get the dialer from?" Haha so here it is. Click here for dialer

And here is my file for the fix. Enjoy

Okay because RS is being a pain right now and doesn't want to let anyone DL for free, I have set up another link for you guys. Here ya go
AWESOME friend.
New link worked right away and downloading now.
Thank you.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@ livin-great job Bro!
Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
The Rootinator

Tried to install Dusk dialer fix and got the not digitally signed error.
Also the file is HUGE. Can this be trimmed some?
I did look at the files in the DLL and there are more images than the original dialer but those may be needed for the fix to work.
It looks great but it is really to big to justify cooking it in right now.
Size is bigger than my entire Dusk theme including Dialer and all.

I will see if I can not get it to install to test it out.
Original Dusk Dialer is less than 2 1/5 megs.
Love the work though and it looks great.

Not downing the mod at all, it just needs to be smaller for it to be cooked into the roms.
Keep up the good work.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
The Rootinator

Nevermind last post.
Just realized the fix is not compressed at all.
Original Dusk dialer is over 18 megs after install.
Did not realize you did not compress the cab.

I went in and compressed it and I hope you do not mind me posting it here for you.
This should make it much easier to download and even easier to cook into a rom on first boot.

Edit: Removed cab as it still does not install.

Last edited by rootlinux; 01-03-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
The Rootinator

After several attempts the Dialer mod does not install.
Not sure why.

Anyone else get it to work?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah I just realized I didn't compress it. I've been trying to work with it and get it to install. On my device I just replace the original dialer's dll with my modified one. So I setup the cab to replace the original with mine but its not taking from the cab file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3