PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

??? i know the info is there or here somewere but i try to hard reset my touch pro
what buttons do i press sorry root but have to make sure i am doing it ok soft reset
i know how hard reset hummmmmm help here a lost soul
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Hey Root thanks for the awesome ROM, I am using your RootRom1216 and have two questions. 1) The time format is in 24 hour format and I would like to change it to 12 hour am/pm. 2) The other question is about the calendar on the home screen shows day and month in Italian or something. How do I change these settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again and to all the members who take their time answering questions and spreading the knowledge around to all, even the common folk who are technologically challenged like my self.
Start\Settings\System\Regional\English(United States)\Soft reset
This will change it everething you need.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
??? i know the info is there or here somewere but i try to hard reset my touch pro
what buttons do i press sorry root but have to make sure i am doing it ok soft reset
i know how hard reset hummmmmm help here a lost soul
With the phone OFF (very important that the phone is off) press and hold the volume down button and the ok (center of dpad) buttons. While holding those buttons down, power on the phone, keep holding the buttons until a message is displayed about pressing the volume up button to hard reset or any other button to cancel. If that message does not come up, repeat (from power off state) until it does.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

nutrapi is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Thanks friend.
My goal is to make roms that just plain work and that do not require users to jump through hoops to get setup.
So far I think they are all good for that.

I want my roms to need as little work on the end user as possible.
We all usually mod the devices anyway but I want them to work out of the box and work well.

If this was your goal, why did you package so many apps cooked into the rom that we cannot remove/modify without heavy interaction. Or why would you use default settings for a CDMA phone that were non-standard for where the majority of this CDMA user base is located? Currently, this rom has required more hoops than others not boasting your goal. Also, when creating a new text message, the typing is severely lagged, and opera support is currently quite bad. I am anxiously awaiting your future releases, though as of right now I can't have this as my daily rom. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Unzip the wallpapers. Install your favorite cab for top and bottom.
Install the picture according to your previous cab selection in menu\home wallpaper\weather wallpaper and soft reset.

Gold Theme

I have everything but the brown background around the clock. Did I mess something up? I installed all of the cabs listed above. Thanks in advance for your help and I absolutley love this rom!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Many thanks! I have corrected the issue!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrapi View Post
If this was your goal, why did you package so many apps cooked into the rom that we cannot remove/modify without heavy interaction. Or why would you use default settings for a CDMA phone that were non-standard for where the majority of this CDMA user base is located? Currently, this rom has required more hoops than others not boasting your goal. Also, when creating a new text message, the typing is severely lagged, and opera support is currently quite bad. I am anxiously awaiting your future releases, though as of right now I can't have this as my daily rom. Keep up the good work!
IMO, despite your issues root's goal WAS achieved, this is a Flash N Go ROM just like he said. You may wish to remove some programs but that doesnt prevent using the ROM with little to no set up.
What ROM are you on? What specific issues are you having? While no ROM can satisfy EVERY user your points seem far off the norm for these ROM's. That is not a criticism, I'm just left to wonder if the issues your seeing are specific to you and your device and may be fixable.
If you post more specifics then it's possible they can be corrected.
Good luck.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrapi View Post
First off you must have not tried that many roms if you think you have to jump through hoops here. LOL

The apps are there because those are the ones I use most and some have been requested to be added by users.

No idea what you mean about the CDMA users base.
Are you referring to a simple Regional Settings change?
That is because I have yet to track down WTF is in my kitchen causing that.
Probably a bad language pack but I don't feel like changing it all out just yet.

Typing is fast here and Opera support is GREAT.
What rom are you testing anyway? Sense 2.1 does have Opera issues on just about every rom.
First page asked that you add rom version when posting.

Thank you for your comments but I really do not see the issues you describe.
Not every rom will be right for every user.
If you do not like the rom then there are others on my page or from other chefs.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
I have everything but the brown background around the clock. Did I mess something up? I installed all of the cabs listed above. Thanks in advance for your help and I absolutley love this rom!
Did you install gold theme?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thank you for the info
happy new year

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium