PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 05:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

HotSauce is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to HotSauce
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
RootRom is the "Standard" Sense 2.5 rom.
DarkRoot is themed dark using the Dusk theme.
MaxDarkRoot is DarkRoot with Max Manila installed.
MaxDarkRoot COMBO is both... Info on first post.
RootRom Sense 2.1 is just that. Sense 2.1
NinjaRom is TF3D 2.1 without Sense.

And NOW Titanium Root is being thrown in the mix.
It is a PIMPED out Titanium rom without TF3D or Sense.
Thanks.

What's the difference between Sense 2.5 and Sense 2.1?
Is 2.1 faster?
Old 12-31-2009, 06:03 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

2.1 is faster and better on ram usage.
2.5 has more bells and whistles but 2.1 has been modded to look close.

Try it and see how it works for you.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

I like the download page. Very nice. I've got a quick Max 2.7 question. How do I get rid of the Call History, Calendar, SMS, and Email buttons? (like you have in your screenshots on the download page). We used to be able to swipe horizontal to get rid of them and that has changed in 2.7. I did read the post over at XDA on the tool but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
I like the download page. Very nice. I've got a quick Max 2.7 question. How do I get rid of the Call History, Calendar, SMS, and Email buttons? (like you have in your screenshots on the download page). We used to be able to swipe horizontal to get rid of them and that has changed in 2.7. I did read the post over at XDA on the tool but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.
to get into setting on the new 2.7 you swipe
up --> down
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
v2.7 Functions
There is a minor change to the previous versions. You can now access the Setting screen by swiping top to bottom. Horizontal swiping is removed and goes back to default where you can access other tabs with the exception when you select Panoramic wallpaper which will pan the wallpaper left/right instead.

Firstly, let me point out the functions of the corners of the screen for different modes.

Normal (Full) mode - this is your default screen with taskbar at the top and softkeys at the bottom.
  • Top Left - Navigates to People screen
  • Top Center - Cycles Clock Array
  • Top Right - Show Battery Info
  • Bottom Left - Navigates to Home screen
  • Bottom Right - Navigates to manila Settings screen
FullScreen mode - this can be enabled through your Settings screen. Your taskbar and softkeys will disappear and a fullscreen is displayed.
  • Top Left - activates StartMenu
  • Bottom Left - Your left softkey function
  • Bottom Right - Your right softkey function
Lite mode - this can be activated through your Settings screen. All the settings and many features will be turn off and only the clock array and weather on demand and shortcuts are retained.
  • Top Left - toggle weather animation
  • Top Center - switches back to Normal (Full) mode
  • Top Right - cycles clock array
Here are the new screen for the Settings page. Most functions retain for now (I'll add more to it later) but I have shifted it around a bit. Arrows basically scroll more settings.

SETTINGS

Wallpaper - there are 3 types of wallpaper here.
a. BG4all - this is the wallpaper which will automatically load up when you select through MENU/Home Wallpaper/Weather Wallpaper. Wallpaper will show on all tabs and is not fullscreen. If you leave it, it will not display anything. Setting is "B".

b. Full - the file is a 1024x768 size jpg called "MaxBackground.jpg". This wallpaper will fill up fullscreen and all tabs. It is used in 3 different functions.
  • "P" - stands for panoramic. When this is activated, you can swipe left/right to pan the wallpaper.
  • "F" - stands for full. It will remain still at where you have previously panned.
  • "H" - stands for home only. This wallpaper will only show in home and the other tabs will have the default wallpaper (read below)
c. Default - this is the manila wallpaper that requires app like HDWall to create. Rather than using the latest file of 512x1024, I have reworked a fullscreen default wallpaper using the old filenames. If you are using HDWall, go to config and select profile "TouchFLO v2.5 BETA - No Compression - All Tabs".
  • 4bfcbbee_manila
  • 54612042_manila
Call History - toggle the call history on/off. This will now reside on top of the calendar.

Calendar - you can now select option 0, 1, 2 or 3. 0 will not show the calendar bar on the screen. Pls make your own adjustment to avoid any overlaps as I have removed this feature due to the inclusion of VGA which complicates the matter.

Slider - for those who does not have this feature build into the ROM, you can toggle the icon off. What this does is that it removes the first layer of the tab icon which makes your transparent slider looks much nicer when sliding through all the tabs.

Mute - you can now activate a silent "S" or vibrate "V" mode when you put your phone face down ( that means front screen facing the floor )

AutoLock - when turn on, your phone will goes into LOCK mode when you turn your phone upside down ( that means rotating your front screen 180deg )

Alert - here you can select whether to display the shortcuts or notification icons on screen.
  • NS - both shortcuts and notification icons will display
  • S - only shortcuts will display
  • N - only notification icons will display
  • OFF - both will not display
Tab Icons - this only works in normal screen mode. When "OFF", it will activate the retractable tab icons. In fullscreen mode, this will disabled for the sake of accessing softkeys.

Weather - this is where you toggle your weather animation. It is best to toggle it off to gain speed especially when you are loading wallpaper for BG4all.

Shortcuts - you can select 12/16/20 shortcuts for WVGA and 9/12/15 for VGA. If you have problem accessing your shortcuts, go to the registry HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/Home and look at the numbered folders. Chk out the "IsSet" and set it back to 0.

Fullscreen - this will activate the fullscreen mode. In this version, the fullscreen softkeys for other tabs are not released yet.

Titanium - this will deactivate TF3D and goes to WM6.5 Window Default UI. To get back to TF3D, just go to StartMenu/Settings/Home/Items and select HTC Sense.

Goldfish - my own hobby app which will create an animated fish swimming around your screen. To close the app, just double tap the goldfish.

Lite - for those who does not want all these complexity, you can opt to go wt the Lite version which removes all settings but retain the clock array and the setting that you'd made for the shortcuts.

Resolution - select "W" for WVGA and "V" for VGA phones.

Analog - this will enable a large analog clock display on your screen replacing everything else. You can move the clock around by press+hold and move. This clock also has 3 functions to it.
  • Left - will toggle the inner face of the clock
  • Top Right - goes to world clock page
  • Top Left - cycles the size of the clock
Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Try re-sizing the wallpaper to 480x640.
That should do it.
made the change... and it seems like it stretches the wallpaper... it's still no where near are crisp as the s2u2 wallpaper.

weird that we have the ability for clear resolutions but manilla lowers it...
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
2.1 is faster and better on ram usage.
2.5 has more bells and whistles but 2.1 has been modded to look close.

Try it and see how it works for you.
No Twitter tab in 2.1, correct?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Thanks jdm627 looks like it's the Alert setting that I wanted. It's amazing how many changes the v2.7 will do.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
v2.7 Functions
There is a minor change to the previous versions. You can now access the Setting screen by swiping top to bottom. Horizontal swiping is removed and goes back to default where you can access other tabs with the exception when you select Panoramic wallpaper which will pan the wallpaper left/right instead.

Firstly, let me point out the functions of the corners of the screen for different modes.

Normal (Full) mode - this is your default screen with taskbar at the top and softkeys at the bottom.
  • Top Left - Navigates to People screen
  • Bottom Left - Navigates to Home screen
  • Bottom Right - Navigates to manila Settings screen
FullScreen mode - this can be enabled through your Settings screen. Your taskbar and softkeys will disappear and a fullscreen is displayed.
  • Top Left - activates StartMenu
  • Bottom Left - Your left softkey function
  • Bottom Right - Your right softkey function
Lite mode - this can be activated through your Settings screen. All the settings and many features will be turn off and only the clock array and weather on demand and shortcuts are retained.
  • Top Left - toggle weather animation
  • Top Center - switches back to Normal (Full) mode
  • Top Right - cycles clock array
Here are the new screen for the Settings page. Most functions retain for now (I'll add more to it later) but I have shifted it around a bit. Arrows basically scroll more settings.

SETTINGS

Wallpaper - there are 3 types of wallpaper here.
a. BG4all - this is the wallpaper which will automatically load up when you select through MENU/Home Wallpaper/Weather Wallpaper. Wallpaper will show on all tabs and is not fullscreen. If you leave it, it will not display anything. Setting is "B".

b. Full - the file is a 1024x768 size jpg called "MaxBackground.jpg". This wallpaper will fill up fullscreen and all tabs. It is used in 3 different functions.
  • "P" - stands for panoramic. When this is activated, you can swipe left/right to pan the wallpaper.
  • "F" - stands for full. It will remain still at where you have previously panned.
  • "H" - stands for home only. This wallpaper will only show in home and the other tabs will have the default wallpaper (read below)
c. Default - this is the manila wallpaper that requires app like HDWall to create. Rather than using the latest file of 512x1024, I have reworked a fullscreen default wallpaper using the old filenames. If you are using HDWall, go to config and select profile "TouchFLO v2.5 BETA - No Compression - All Tabs".
  • 4bfcbbee_manila
  • 54612042_manila
Call History - toggle the call history on/off. This will now reside on top of the calendar.

Calendar - you can now select option 0, 1, 2 or 3. 0 will not show the calendar bar on the screen. Pls make your own adjustment to avoid any overlaps as I have removed this feature due to the inclusion of VGA which complicates the matter.

Slider - for those who does not have this feature build into the ROM, you can toggle the icon off. What this does is that it removes the first layer of the tab icon which makes your transparent slider looks much nicer when sliding through all the tabs.

Mute - you can now activate a silent "S" or vibrate "V" mode when you put your phone face down ( that means front screen facing the floor )

AutoLock - when turn on, your phone will goes into LOCK mode when you turn your phone upside down ( that means rotating your front screen 180deg )

Alert - here you can select whether to display the shortcuts or notification icons on screen.
  • NS - both shortcuts and notification icons will display
  • S - only shortcuts will display
  • N - only notification icons will display
  • OFF - both will not display
Tab Icons - this only works in normal screen mode. When "OFF", it will activate the retractable tab icons. In fullscreen mode, this will disabled for the sake of accessing softkeys.

Weather - this is where you toggle your weather animation. It is best to toggle it off to gain speed especially when you are loading wallpaper for BG4all.

Shortcuts - you can select 12/16/20 shortcuts for WVGA and 9/12/15 for VGA. If you have problem accessing your shortcuts, go to the registry HKLM/Software/HTC/Manila/Home and look at the numbered folders. Chk out the "IsSet" and set it back to 0.

Fullscreen - this will activate the fullscreen mode. In this version, the fullscreen softkeys for other tabs are not released yet.

Titanium - this will deactivate TF3D and goes to WM6.5 Window Default UI. To get back to TF3D, just go to StartMenu/Settings/Home/Items and select HTC Sense.

Goldfish - my own hobby app which will create an animated fish swimming around your screen. To close the app, just double tap the goldfish.

Lite - for those who does not want all these complexity, you can opt to go wt the Lite version which removes all settings but retain the clock array and the setting that you'd made for the shortcuts.

Resolution - select "W" for WVGA and "V" for VGA phones.

Analog - this will enable a large analog clock display on your screen replacing everything else. You can move the clock around by press+hold and move. This clock also has 3 functions to it.
  • Left - will toggle the inner face of the clock
  • Top Right - goes to world clock page
  • Top Left - cycles the size of the clock
I took this post and linked it from the download page for easy reference.
Thanks jdm
Old 12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb5... View Post
made the change... and it seems like it stretches the wallpaper... it's still no where near are crisp as the s2u2 wallpaper.

weird that we have the ability for clear resolutions but manilla lowers it...
Can you attach it here?
I will see what happens when I try it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium