PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro and pro duce
Carrier: sprint

boricoso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Doing some work on the downloads page.
Adding some info on the roms and stuff like that.

Let me know what you think.
Hey Root your page looks great!! very organized while here I'm here I'll take a shot at maxdarkroot1227combo. Thanx

Last edited by boricoso; 12-31-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM]RootRom/DarkRoot/MaxDarkRoot 2.5/28011 - Dec 29 2009 and NinjaRom TF3D 2.1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Doing some work on the downloads page.
Adding some info on the roms and stuff like that.

Let me know what you think.
Can I suggest some kind of verification algorithm like MD5 or SHA1? This would ensure that a downloaded file IS actually good.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 12-31-2009, 12:14 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Can I suggest some kind of verification algorithm like MD5 or SHA1? This would ensure that a downloaded file IS actually good.
Might check on that but I have never had a bad download myself.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:17 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Added more info to the downloads page with info on setting up rom included Visual Voice Mail.
That is included on all my roms.

Free for Sprint but not sure about other Carriers.
Service is free from Phone Fusion but some Carriers may charge for the minutes.

One of my favorite features on these roms.
I use it always.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Root
I'm downloading sense 2.1 now. Whats the diff between the 29 and 30? Which would you recommend for stability?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:23 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

I have not tested the new test release myself.
It should have better Opera support.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well 1229/Sense 2.1 is very stable so far: no issues with opera or the buttons. The retractable slider is actually nice. Full landscape support for all tabs (I don't use the 'stock' tab but I assume it also works).

I believe this has been the busiest month for my TP in terms of flashing.

Nice work Root, you are getting better and better with each new ROM.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey Root thanks for the awesome ROM, I am using your RootRom1216 and have two questions. 1) The time format is in 24 hour format and I would like to change it to 12 hour am/pm. 2) The other question is about the calendar on the home screen shows day and month in Italian or something. How do I change these settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again and to all the members who take their time answering questions and spreading the knowledge around to all, even the common folk who are technologically challenged like my self.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:48 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Well 1229/Sense 2.1 is very stable so far: no issues with opera or the buttons. The retractable slider is actually nice. Full landscape support for all tabs (I don't use the 'stock' tab but I assume it also works).

I believe this has been the busiest month for my TP in terms of flashing.

Nice work Root, you are getting better and better with each new ROM.
Thanks friend.
My goal is to make roms that just plain work and that do not require users to jump through hoops to get setup.
So far I think they are all good for that.

I want my roms to need as little work on the end user as possible.
We all usually mod the devices anyway but I want them to work out of the box and work well.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 AM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel View Post
Hey Root thanks for the awesome ROM, I am using your RootRom1216 and have two questions. 1) The time format is in 24 hour format and I would like to change it to 12 hour am/pm. 2) The other question is about the calendar on the home screen shows day and month in Italian or something. How do I change these settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again and to all the members who take their time answering questions and spreading the knowledge around to all, even the common folk who are technologically challenged like my self.
Everyone should check the download page often as I am planning to keep it updated with current fixes and info.

Your question is answered there on the top of the page now.
There is a lot of other info you may find useful as well.

All single download links on post one have been removed and can all be found on the download page link.

I hope this helps everyone and makes it much easier to find and select the right rom for you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium