PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [FINAL] OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.24.651.1 | *Updated 7/2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Sorry Dave I missed this and will try to help. But first, are you using amon recovery or Clockwork? I would suggest using amon rA. Also you should flash roms through recovery, not fastboot. you can use rom manager to "flash alt recovery" which will get to amon so it's pretty easy. Anyway, feel free to pm or post again and I can try to assist.

Riley,

Thanks.. I ended up getting it working.

The only thing that's not working on it right now is MMS and also Voicemail... I tried installing the visual voicemail apk but it appears Sprint is having an issue with creating the voicemail. I get android messages basically stating it cannot open voicemail to load to the phone.

Any one have this issue?

Also MMS won't allow images to come through in the messages.

David
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: iusacell

xeagle24 is a n00b
Re: [FINAL] OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.24.651.1 | *Updated 7/2/1

ello, i flash the final rom and i got some troubles:
1: when i try to re-configure the phone via qpst, i make ##3424# and atach the cable to pc, the i go to device mannager and the device are in usb controllers instead other devices, so i cant update the driver to atach the phone.
2: when i try to flash another rom the recovery says that some error occurred and the instalation is aborted, can some one help me? i need to reprogram the cellphone!!!! thanx a lot...
Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor

try flashing a stock rooted room from hboot, or try turning ON/OFF signature checking in recovery. Hope you get it sorted
Old 12-02-2011, 09:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

lkjfdsa is a n00b

Sorry for the newbie question but how do you perform the flash? I've downloaded the ROM and put it on the flashcard unzipped and went to recovery in the bootloader but can't figure out how to flash this. Can someone point me to a step by step?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

Nibis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjfdsa View Post
Sorry for the newbie question but how do you perform the flash? I've downloaded the ROM and put it on the flashcard unzipped and went to recovery in the bootloader but can't figure out how to flash this. Can someone point me to a step by step?
Do not unzip, just place on sdcard, go into recovery, and install zip file
Old 01-21-2012, 01:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Optimus/Touch Pro

darme2doit is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/15/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I got the PRL and Profile to update, but the voicemail icon still never went away even after deleting all voicemails and rebooting. Overall it runs REALLY FAST and smooth but the two things right now that made me go back to your 4.6 ROM were:
1 - BATTERY IS Draining like crazy...
2 - Voicemail icon not resetting on status bar.

Keep up the Awesome work... If it wouldn't be for the battery drain, I definetly could live with the voicemail icon not going away..

Thanks... I'll keep waiting to see what others say about the ROM... I'm wondering if anyone else is having the fast battery drain like I was.??? I hope it isn't my new 3500 that's already bad?? It could be??

what did you do for the crazy battery drain, I've been on this ROM for 1 day, and it's eating up my 3500mah too, what's the solution if any, thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

this is long overdue, I'm closing this thread, the ROM is waaaaay outdated, and not recommended.

Flash amikams ROM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...2-1-3-0-a.html

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development