PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

npbenigni is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [FINAL] OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.24.651.1 | *Updated 7/2/1

Is there a fix for the HDMI port. It is not transferring to the TV. It worked perfectly prior to the new ROM being installed...so I do not think it is the hardware. Please help if there is a fix.
Thanks,
A Donating User.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [FINAL] OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.24.651.1 | *Updated 7/2/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbenigni View Post
Is there a fix for the HDMI port. It is not transferring to the TV. It worked perfectly prior to the new ROM being installed...so I do not think it is the hardware. Please help if there is a fix.
Thanks,
A Donating User.
This rom is based off of the Evo shift (Speedy) and does not have hdmi. There may be a new custom kernel which can fix this but this rom is not being updated anymore. Try searching for some of the new custom kernels available for the Evo. (Golden Monkey, Freedom, Chop suey). Good luck.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

polywh1rl is a n00b

this is a dream , nice darn job
Old 10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started

I tried flashing this rom and it didn't work.

I'm guessing it may be the radio.

anyone have a link to the latest radio link?

thanks.

david
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
I tried flashing this rom and it didn't work.

I'm guessing it may be the radio.

anyone have a link to the latest radio link?

thanks.

david
Here you go:

[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers
Old 10-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started

Thanks Riley for the link.

Hmm... Update... so it appears this was all happening because I had S-On.

To fix I downloaded unrevokedforever to the root of my sdcard.. ran it and voila! I'm updating away.
http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever

Just updated to 2.3 and also updating the radios et al.

Sorry for the post.. but maybe it will help someone else if they run across this...

Only issue I have now is the "sprint installer" keeps FC... and I need to reinstall all my stuff from backup.

David

I'm trying to update to the last rev for EVO4g using OMJ's 2.3.3 rev odex.

I have a couple of issues..

1) I can't get the new image to load. I think it may be the radio what what I've read so that leads me to problem 2 where i'm now stuck.

Im fully rooted with OMJ's 2.2 deo ROM.
I'm on baseband 2.15.00.11.19
pri 1.40_003
OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v4.4

2) When I download the radio update and name it pc36img.zip and put it to the root of my sdcard.

I reboot using the power plus vol button.

Run the fastboot and it sees the image but tells me it's invalid.

Until I can get the radio updated I don't think I can get the new image loaded.

so I keep reverting everything back to the 2.2 from OMJ...

another interesting tidbit... I can't get the OTA to install either.. it runs through it's process but doesn't update.

Any ideas? Sorry if I've rambled

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by daveedem; 10-06-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Thanks Riley for the link.

Hmm... Update... so it appears this was all happening because I had S-On.

To fix I downloaded unrevokedforever to the root of my sdcard.. ran it and voila! I'm updating away.
public:forever [RootWiki]

Just updated to 2.3 and also updating the radios et al.

Sorry for the post.. but maybe it will help someone else if they run across this...

Only issue I have now is the "sprint installer" keeps FC... and I need to reinstall all my stuff from backup.

David

I'm trying to update to the last rev for EVO4g using OMJ's 2.3.3 rev odex.

I have a couple of issues..

1) I can't get the new image to load. I think it may be the radio what what I've read so that leads me to problem 2 where i'm now stuck.

Im fully rooted with OMJ's 2.2 deo ROM.
I'm on baseband 2.15.00.11.19
pri 1.40_003
OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v4.4

2) When I download the radio update and name it pc36img.zip and put it to the root of my sdcard.

I reboot using the power plus vol button.

Run the fastboot and it sees the image but tells me it's invalid.

Until I can get the radio updated I don't think I can get the new image loaded.

so I keep reverting everything back to the 2.2 from OMJ...

another interesting tidbit... I can't get the OTA to install either.. it runs through it's process but doesn't update.

Any ideas? Sorry if I've rambled

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sorry Dave I missed this and will try to help. But first, are you using amon recovery or Clockwork? I would suggest using amon rA. Also you should flash roms through recovery, not fastboot. you can use rom manager to "flash alt recovery" which will get to amon so it's pretty easy. Anyway, feel free to pm or post again and I can try to assist.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC One M7

wjdobson is a n00b

Flashed this 2011-09-22 and have had no trouble.

I have been searching an hour for a reason why my bluetooth isn't working? No address and the tick box to enable is grayed out. What am I missing?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC One M7

wjdobson is a n00b

Ok, I feel like a real idiot...

perhaps this post will help one person, maybe...

two would be shooting for the moon...etc. lol.

I had my phone on Airplane mode...let me explain...

the company I work for dropped Sprint as a carrier and picked up AT$T, so I no longer get a signal in my office, therefore, when I bring my phone in, I have to place it on AM (I usually leave it in my truck). [Baa - winter is coming].

Anyway, bluetooth evidently is inoperable during flight and therefore is disabled in that mode.

Hope this helps (someone, else)
Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Za33cK is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 5/22/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OK Crap!

1.3 was running sweet last night and this morning until about 10:00 am when I noticed my data connection was gone and the cell signal as well (had the x). I think this happened a couple of times on Mik's rom (same as the base OMJ is using) but a re-boot brought everything back. This morning when it happened and I did a re-boot ... boot loop from HELL ! GRRR! Then battery pull, wipe cache and dalvik x2 and re-boot... boot loop from HELL AGAIN! Even more GRRRR!!!!

I had just showed up at the golf course but can't remember if I ran my Golf Logix app before it happened or not but had to do a nand of Mik 4.62 so I could get Golf Logix GPS up and running. When I did so, no more probs with data connection or cell signal and app ran fine for the whole round.

Considering putting 1.3 back on and running the Golf app to see if it repeats that prob in order to troubleshoot a little. Anybody else seen their data connection or cell signal randomly shutting down? (I didn't even have "enable always on mobile data" un-checked b/c I have the 2600 ext batt so I don't need to do so)

On another note: @OMJ or anybody who knows...

Can we add any of the Sense 2.1 pkgs to a 2.2 rom like Mik 4.62? What I would really like is a hybrid b/c I didn't care much for the new 3.0 sms/mms pkg but liked some of the new options in Sense 2.1.

Edit: ... OMJ... or do you have the 2.1 sms/mms apk that I could replace the 3.0 one with? (think I'm about to put the rom back on and do the troubleshooting I mentioned)

Edit 2: After re-installing v1.3 it was the Golf Logix app that is not playing nice with 2.3.3 ... kills the data and cell svc everytime I run the app DAMMIT! I use this app every week GRRR! Really love this rom and hate that I will have to do a nand restore to Mik 4.62 everytime I play golf (pretty much every week)! ... also, I grabbed the 2.1 mms.apk and odex from MikG v0.50 and re-placed it pre-flash and it worked fine

How exactly did you put the 2.1 mms.apk in a 2.1/30 rom, i've did what you did, and opened the zip of MIKG v0.05 and pulled out the mms.apk and mms.odex, then i installed his new MIKG 2.56 and used root explorer to overwrite the existing files in system/app, and i changed the read write settings to owner read-write, group read only, and others read only, then i rebooted the rom and it wont do anything, just gets rid of messaging all together, i just want 2.1 messaging on a newer rom, i hate the 3.0 messaging style , little help please, thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development