PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 05:08 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

I flashed the version 1.2 rom (newest) and noticed it restored about 20 market apps after booting up but a few of them I have had uninstalled for months. Was wondering how and where it got those from and booted into recovery only to find that my 32GB SD card is jacked. I get this error if I try to do a nandroid backup or access my sd card.
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /sdcard

I googled the error and found I'm not the only one but trying USB-MS toggle didn't work for me. I can't find any other fixes for this problem. Anyone know if there is anyway to get my sd card files back? if not, guess I'd have to format the sd card and start over? argh...

I did partition my sd card moths ago. maybe the new gingerbread or sense rom doesn't like the way my card was partitioned?

My phone does work and turn on. When it's on I have a notification at the top left and when I drag it down it says, "BLANK SD CARD. SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem."

I want to backup what is on the card manually. If I boot into recovery (I use amon ra) and select USB-MS toggle, the SD card drive shows up on my computer but if I try to open it it freezes up for many seconds and finally errors out saying the location is not available. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Last edited by Curb71; 04-27-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/26/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I use app from market called brightness level to control the screen. It works great.
I downloaded brightness level, and brightness control..
no dice... not working for me..

I have the Nova screen...

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by js11222 View Post
Is the brightness fixed in this build?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
nope, the problem is on certain screens, and is kernel related from the EVO GB leak....

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I noticed the speech to text does not work. Any fix for this?
I havent seen a fix, but I'll check again

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
And not even then.
GB isn't the culprit. 4G works on the GB leak/OMJ's 2.3.3 v5.0.

4G isnt working on OMJ's 2.3.3 w/ Sense 2.1 because its a port from the HTC Desire (like OMJ has said).

It will be near impossible to get 4G working on any port (I said NEAR ) of a device like the Desire (Z or HD) which is GSM. Even a TBolt port wouldnt work because while it is CDMA VZW uses LTE and Sprint uses wimax.
If you want 4G, stick with Evo based ROMs
Cyanogen got 4G working but that is still Evo based, just AOSP.

As always I throw out my favorite saying-never say never. Some dev brainiac may come along and get it working but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Hope that helps.
exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Another port issue. You must be on the ROM with Sense 2.1 based on the Desire. For that ROM you need to flash back to an Evo based ROM and do your updates then jump back to the port ROM.

Both of OMJ's GB ROMs are odexed. If you are trying to install a deodexed version of Swype that could be your issue.
If you can track down an odexed version you may have better luck.
This was the issue with Footprints on a different ROM that I helped someone with so just a guess here.
the apk I posted w/ from the stock EVO GB leak....but I checked my last Froyo odex ROM & swype did have an odex file.....I'll make a flashable zip & post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I flashed the version 1.2 rom (newest) and noticed it restored about 20 market apps after booting up but a few of them I have had uninstalled for months. Was wondering how and where it got those from and booted into recovery only to find that my 32GB SD card is jacked. I get this error if I try to do a nandroid backup or access my sd card.
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /sdcard

I googled the error and found I'm not the only one but trying USB-MS toggle didn't work for me. I can't find any other fixes for this problem. Anyone know if there is anyway to get my sd card files back? if not, guess I'd have to format the sd card and start over? argh...

I did partition my sd card moths ago. maybe the new gingerbread or sense rom doesn't like the way my card was partitioned?

My phone does work and turn on. When it's on I have a notification at the top left and when I drag it down it says, "BLANK SD CARD. SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem."

I want to backup what is on the card manually. If I boot into recovery (I use amon ra) and select USB-MS toggle, the SD card drive shows up on my computer but if I try to open it it freezes up for many seconds and finally errors out saying the location is not available. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
just for the hell of it....did u try removing the sd card & using a card reader w/ the pc?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROM v5.0 | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 4/20/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
i'm not feeling very smart because i can't get the swype apk to work. has anyone had any luck installing it?
ok, I found out the lib file was missing......here is a flashable file that will install Swype & the missing lib.....I havent tested this zip, as I pushed both files manually.....but I can verify, it's working....

If you still have the swype installed that I posted the other day, you can just extract the lib from this zip, then push to /system/lib.

Pushing from recovery:

adb shell mount /system
adb push libSwypeCore.2.50.72.20895.so /system/lib/

Pushing from Android:

adb remount
adb push libSwypeCore.2.50.72.20895.so /system/lib/
Attached Files
File Type: zip Swype-signed.zip (2.43 MB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm unable to change my tone for email notifications. I went into the HTC sound set but all I can do is play the tone. Any ideas?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I'm unable to change my tone for email notifications. I went into the HTC sound set but all I can do is play the tone. Any ideas?
I noticed the same thing for text notification tone. I had to change it from the text settings screen, instead of menu/settings/sound
Old 04-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I noticed the same thing for text notification tone. I had to change it from the text settings screen, instead of menu/settings/sound
Yea and within HTC mail you can't change it like you use to.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Yea and within HTC mail you can't change it like you use to.
I know u can set the tone in gmail......I dont use the notification sound for any of my accounts.....so I would assume the "default notification sound" applies to both texts & email.....I dont see a sound choice specific for email in menu/settings/sound. so if it's the same tone, open messages (texts), settings, notifications, change the tone & see if it works on email notifications....
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I know u can set the tone in gmail......I dont use the notification sound for any of my accounts.....so I would assume the "default notification sound" applies to both texts & email.....I dont see a sound choice specific for email in menu/settings/sound. so if it's the same tone, open messages (texts), settings, notifications, change the tone & see if it works on email notifications....
I try to keep the same tone for HTC mail, Gmail, and SMS. I guess its a bug with the rom. My Gmail and SMS have the same tone, its just the HTC mail has the default that can't be changed. Guess I will deal with it until a final version comes out of GB.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:02 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkryter View Post
Quick question : is this ROM compatible with the large collection of Sense 2.0 themes that are available? An example would be those found at the following location :

[SKIN][Tutorial][08.03.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods. - xda-developers

Thanks in advance for the advice, and thanks as always for all of the work you put into this kind of thing for the community.
found some themes/skins/mods that should work.....

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]-[MikRoms]-[4/26/2011] - MikG - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 RC1

[THEME][HTC SENSE 2.0/2.1] Sports Themes - xda-developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=951

theMikMik.com • View forum - MikGinger Sense 2.1 Themes, Mods and Tweaks

Last edited by OMJ; 04-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development