PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.3.3 Custom ROMs | GingerBread 4.12.651.1 | *Updated 6/3/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Jayhuff and all others ...

Mik replied several times on xda that his kernel fix absolutely works on his rom and stock based roms ... said something about the lib and system ... some chefs move the libs which he doesn't and that's why the kernel doesn't work for some ppl trying to flash it on other roms . This means that it absolutely works on OMJ's as well ! (doesn't matter to me as I have nova screen)

So if any are running MisFit or Leo's etc... and then posting that it borks ur 4G and WiFi u are misleading ppl in reference to OMJ's rom ... Not saying anybody is doing that I'm just throwing it out there for knowledge AND just mentioned those two devs for example only as I don't know how they have their roms structured

Hope that sheds some light and re-assures some about OMJ's rom

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
good information Vancer. thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Qcom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi! Not a huge poster, and I really like this rom, I just have one small problem. The menu lists text in apps are smaller then the rest of the system. I'm not sure if this is a DPI change or a font size change. I tried changing the font size in spare parts but that made everything weird then the DPI using LCD Density and that didn't seem to fix it, and the sudden change from regular to small kills my eyes. Any way to change it back to stock size? Thanks!

Last edited by Qcom; 06-04-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just flashed, it froze after flash but did a battery pull and all is good. This rom is solid so far. Brightness fixed as well as led notifications on handcent. Loving the new lock screens (weather) as well.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Edit: LED notifications are not working, only on stock messaging. Damn
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Freakin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:36 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
So this latest update includes the brightness bug fix?
yes

Quote:
Jayhuff and all others ...

Mik replied several times on xda that his kernel fix absolutely works on his rom and stock based roms ... said something about the lib and system ... some chefs move the libs which he doesn't and that's why the kernel doesn't work for some ppl trying to flash it on other roms . This means that it absolutely works on OMJ's as well ! (doesn't matter to me as I have nova screen)

So if any are running MisFit or Leo's etc... and then posting that it borks ur 4G and WiFi u are misleading ppl in reference to OMJ's rom ... Not saying anybody is doing that I'm just throwing it out there for knowledge AND just mentioned those two devs for example only as I don't know how they have their roms structured

Hope that sheds some light and re-assures some about OMJ's rom

yep, some chefs move the libs to /data, then symlink them back to system....so it depends on the base rom.....all good here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcom View Post
Hi! Not a huge poster, and I really like this rom, I just have one small problem. The menu lists text in apps are smaller then the rest of the system. I'm not sure if this is a DPI change or a font size change. I tried changing the font size in spare parts but that made everything weird then the DPI using LCD Density and that didn't seem to fix it, and the sudden change from regular to small kills my eyes. Any way to change it back to stock size? Thanks!
I'll have to look into this

Quote:
@OMJ

Been running the Haus stock rooted half the day to to see what stock was all about and check some things ... Now trying to get 1.6 downloaded in the hotel so I can run this bad boy! ... Damn! Why do I have to be on the road today!

so what did ya think about the new OTA? just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Just flashed, it froze after flash but did a battery pull and all is good. This rom is solid so far. Brightness fixed as well as led notifications on handcent. Loving the new lock screens (weather) as well.
froze on me 2.....no big deal

Last edited by OMJ; 06-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

So far so good. i love this new updated gingerbread rom. It makes the phone even smoother and faster. Almost enough to not get the evo 3d. But since phones depreciate after a new model is released I'm gonna have to sell as soon as evo 3d comes out. Oh well. At least i will have an awesome rom in the meantime.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Very nice. These Sense 2.1 roms have made me switch from AOSP back to Sense again. (Back to OMJ!) Can't get enough of the new UI.

4G and Wireless Tether works very nicely; I'm using my hotspot now to post this.

3 things:

1) In 1.5, the SMS settings had been expanded including the option to limit the number of incoming messages. Now in 1.6 there are far fewer options again. In the general settings I only see an option for toggling signatures, that's it. (Might be just my download...)

3) I'm still getting FC issues with certain apps, such as Adobe AIR. I've had this issue on all versions of this rom.

2) The News and Weather app and widget both cause the phone to lock up and I have to reboot. Not a huge deal, but it worked in 1.5. Again maybe just my download.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
got a laptop? tether to your lappy.
Wouldn't have done me any good if I had a laptop ... It was the crappy hotel WiFi causing issue but no worries ... Have a 3 hr sit in ATL today and believe it or not I actually got Sprint's shitty 4G to connect (well just lost it again as I type) and got it downloaded ... Be running 1.6 soon enough !

Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

so what did ya think about the new OTA? just curious
Been running Haus' since yesterday... Wanted to get a good solid Nand of the Stock just in case ... Went on super smooth with no probs at all ... Ran the updated radios as well ... Haven't had one single issue with it at all, everything seems to work perfect out of the box ... Well except for one issue with a particular website and entering text in a text field but that has been present on all GB roms no matter whose nor which keyboard I use so I'm convinced it's something with that webpage vs GB (this was actually one of the things I was checking with the bone stock release)

So now it's on to 1.6 ... Every since all ur help from the DogGuy Kitchen days I feel disloyal when I'm not running ur rom unless it's one of my own LOL ! ... (was running Mik 4.62 since u never updated to it and felt guilty the whole time HEHE!)

Last edited by Vancer; 06-04-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development