PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

DJCaSpER is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Even before I flashed the new kernel I was haven this problem. The market crashes on some download but some work. Like I was trying sense last night to download appbrain and I just got it to download from the market. Rom manager was the same way but I got that to download last night after trying 5 times. Do u think i need to uninstall the market and redo it? Haven't tried downloading anything with appbrain yet but will do soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ROM] - [10/29/2010] - MikFroYo v3.1 - [ FRG83 | 3.30.651.2 ] - It's Been Re-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post
Even before I flashed the new kernel I was haven this problem. The market crashes on some download but some work. Like I was trying sense last night to download appbrain and I just got it to download from the market. Rom manager was the same way but I got that to download last night after trying 5 times. Do u think i need to uninstall the market and redo it? Haven't tried downloading anything with appbrain yet but will do soon.

about your previous post on the benchmark.. thats just how it is... for some reason king's kernels don't like quadrants... but the score really doesn't matter, they r never accurate anyways and its more about how sommoth or not smooth the rom feels to u.
right now im with 11 hours running and 79% left on the batt... so im thinking its kinda better than before.

now... as far ad the market goes... i dont think there should be issues... since it took the fix_permissions script out... try to run it your self from rommanager, restart and if u had some issues they should be gone.

appbrain is a good program btw... but i learned that everytime i added it my battery got killed. so thats just a thought for u.

im not sure about ziggy's kernel.. did all the tiny issues get fixed?
i know calk is using ziggy's now... but im not sure if every issue is gone.
but then again... im still happy with what i got now... even though i didnt really test out king bfs 11 all the way yet.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 10-30-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
about your previous post on the benchmark.. thats just how it is... for some reason king's kernels don't like quadrants... but the score really doesn't matter, they r never accurate anyways and its more about how sommoth or not smooth the rom feels to u.
right now im with 11 hours running and 79% left on the batt... so im thinking its kinda better than before.

now... as far ad the market goes... i dont think there should be issues... since it took the fix_permissions script out... try to run it your self from rommanager, restart and if u had some issues they should be gone.

appbrain is a good program btw... but i learned that everytime i added it my battery got killed. so thats just a thought for u.

im not sure about ziggy's kernel.. did all the tiny issues get fixed?
i know calk is using ziggy's now... but im not sure if every issue is gone.
but then again... im still happy with what i got now... even though i didnt really test out king bfs 11 all the way yet.
From what I understand some sprint apps don't work with ziggys kernel. For me I don't mind cuz I don't use any sprint apps. I just got charged to 100% so I'm gonna test the battery life now. And for quadrant calks last rom 1.4 had a kings kernel in it and had a really night score. Also as for me I've shown that i can pull 24 hours out kings #11 kernel. So I'm gonna do Ziggy for awhile.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ROM] - [10/29/2010] - MikFroYo v3.1 - [ FRG83 | 3.30.651.2 ] - It's Been Re-Done

Quote:
From what I understand some sprint apps don't work with ziggys kernel. For me I don't mind cuz I don't use any sprint apps. I just got charged to 100% so I'm gonna test the battery life now. And for quadrant calks last rom 1.4 had a kings kernel in it and had a really night score. Also as for me I've shown that i can pull 24 hours out kings #11 kernel. So I'm gonna do Ziggy for awhile.

so r u running my rom now or calk's?

if mine... it would be nice to know how it goes.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
so r u running my rom now or calk's?

if mine... it would be nice to know how it goes.

im running ur new rom u didnt read my post from last night? tonight ill have an update how things r going and will post screen shots.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok sense I last last posted its been about 11 hours or more I've made about 20 calls about 80 texts and about 150 pictures. All the pictures from a bomb fire at my brothers house with my kids my sis her kids and my brothers kids. So i say it did ok pluses checking the forums every once in awhile. Here are some screenshots.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok sense I last last posted its been about 11 hours or more I've made about 20 calls about 80 texts and about 150 pictures. All the pictures from a bomb fire at my brothers house with my kids my sis her kids and my brothers kids. So i say it did ok pluses checking the forums every once in awhile. Here are some screenshots.
u making the ziggy kernel look pretty good... maybe i should check it out.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The Max over clock speed is 1190 just so u know too. If u want I can post a screenshot of my profiles on setcpu if u like.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor

i got a problem. question o idk but here i go..im using your rom with the new update. when i do a back up using clockwork method it get stuck on
Backing up cache... its been there for a lil while lets say 10 mins..

backing up boot...
backing up recovery...
backing up system...
backing up data...
backing up .android_secure...
backing up cache... (heres where its taking long time. now more than 10 mins.. its somethng wrong bckng up ths rom or is just me?)

Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
i got a problem. question o idk but here i go..im using your rom with the new update. when i do a back up using clockwork method it get stuck on
Backing up cache... its been there for a lil while lets say 10 mins..

backing up boot...
backing up recovery...
backing up system...
backing up data...
backing up .android_secure...
backing up cache... (heres where its taking long time. now more than 10 mins.. its somethng wrong bckng up ths rom or is just me?)
dont know... i dont use it.
i use RA and do nand backup from there

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development