PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] - [10/25/2010] - MikFroYo v3.0 - [ FRG83 | Fully Themed ] - It Is Done.

i downloaded ths rom yesterday n i like it theres sme issues thoe.. u cant install new widgets, the download starts but never get installd... another one is that the constact pixxx r on ur contact list but when snding a txt mssgs u cannot see the contact pixxx on the txt msgs page... n when watching a video on youtube app goes fine but if u press the bck button to go bckk it reboot ur phone.. any fix for these.. beside these problems this rom is good i like it but need a fix thnks

Old 10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

DJCaSpER is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
i downloaded ths rom yesterday n i like it theres sme issues thoe.. u cant install new widgets, the download starts but never get installd... another one is that the constact pixxx r on ur contact list but when snding a txt mssgs u cannot see the contact pixxx on the txt msgs page... n when watching a video on youtube app goes fine but if u press the bck button to go bckk it reboot ur phone.. any fix for these.. beside these problems this rom is good i like it but need a fix thnks
Ok with the Widgets once u download them from the market or were ever u get them from u have to reboot the phone for them too show. I was have the same problem in texts messages too but it didn't bother much though cuz I really didn't notice it.. but pushing the back button never rebooted my phone so in not sure there.

sent from my Evo 4g
Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [ROM] - [10/25/2010] - MikFroYo v3.0 - [ FRG83 | Fully Themed ] - It Is Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post
Ok with the Widgets once u download them from the market or were ever u get them from u have to reboot the phone for them too show. I was have the same problem in texts messages too but it didn't bother much though cuz I really didn't notice it.. but pushing the back button never rebooted my phone so in not sure there.

sent from my Evo 4g
i dnt mind to much bout the widgets but txt yea cuz i wnna make sure who im txtng to hahah cuz i got people with the same name so lookng at the pixx i knw who they are. n for the youtube it reboots 4 time last nite when i was watchng a video then i press bck button it froze for 3 o 5 second thne reboots .. those are the two ones i care more..
Old 10-29-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Touch Diamond

pwnsicle is just getting started

Quote:
i dnt mind to much bout the widgets but txt yea cuz i wnna make sure who im txtng to hahah cuz i got people with the same name so lookng at the pixx i knw who they are. n for the youtube it reboots 4 time last nite when i was watchng a video then i press bck button it froze for 3 o 5 second thne reboots .. those are the two ones i care more..
i never noticed that problem because i use an app called "chompSMS" and it works great. it looks iphone like but you can customize it A LOT in regards to colors and text fonts. there's also a setting to show contact pictures and if you max text, it doesn't cap out at like 50 (or however the stock htc messaging app is)
Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ROM] - [10/29/2010] - MikFroYo v3.1 - [ FRG83 | 3.30.651.2 ] - It's Been Re-Done

ok guys... updated the rom, the links and the change log.

all the issues should be fixed and then some...

ill update some screen shots in a few.

u should be able to get away with wiping, but if not... wipe.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [ROM] - [10/29/2010] - MikFroYo v3.1 - [ FRG83 | 3.30.651.2 ] - It's Been Re-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok guys... updated the rom, the links and the change log.

all the issues should be fixed and then some...

ill update some screen shots in a few.

u should be able to get away with wiping, but if not... wipe.
i got one quick question... to update do we have to download it agsin. evereythng is gona get erased (reset) or theres a way to udate it?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
i got one quick question... to update do we have to download it agsin. evereythng is gona get erased (reset) or theres a way to udate it?
u should be fine just flashing the rom the way it is... i tested it and had no issues...

now.. as far as your comment about the youtube... u not the only one that had that thing happening to him... but there is no more than 2-3 of u guys that had that happend... so my suggestion for u is to simply delete the YouTube.apk from /system/app/ and just install it from the market... the only thing i changed in that app is the menu icons.

if u need help to remove the app just ask me... ill give u quick how-to.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
u should be fine just flashing the rom the way it is... i tested it and had no issues...

now.. as far as your comment about the youtube... u not the only one that had that thing happening to him... but there is no more than 2-3 of u guys that had that happend... so my suggestion for u is to simply delete the YouTube.apk from /system/app/ and just install it from the market... the only thing i changed in that app is the menu icons.

if u need help to remove the app just ask me... ill give u quick how-to.
thanks man ill install the update n then ima see if the youtube app got fix or still reboots the phone ill c wats up.. n let u knw thanks in advance
Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks man ill install the update n then ima see if the youtube app got fix or still reboots the phone ill c wats up.. n let u knw thanks in advance
sure man... no prob.

btw... after having the new youtube app for a while... i think it sucks ass compared to the old one we had, but that could be just me... if u want the older version ill put it up also.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
one quick question .. whats the best way to update.. rename the orinilla name to "update.zip" or just put it like it is on the root of the sd card n the choose zip frm sdcard/aply zip frm sdcar.. or aply update.zip frm sdcard bla bla bla sorry for the nooob question
it really doesn't matter...
the reason u think update.zip i because some phone recognize it only like that or something like that.... but here u pick the file... not the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development