PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO
Carrier: Sprint

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I suggest everyone to update their radios and wimax w sprint lovers rom. Its in pc36img and that updates the radio n wimax the best way.. Its just so u dont have to keep updating the radio n wimax because if u keep updateing it w every diff rom u can break the radio n wimax.. trust me ive seen it threw speedtests n it does make a hell of a difference in speed! Good luck to everyone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ROM] MikFroyo v1.1 - updated(08/19/2010) now with KiNgxKernel BFS #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluenino View Post
Is anyone having problems with the 4g not connecting? Since I flashed to the newest rom my 4g is not working. It shows that the service is available but it never connects. I do have the newest radio and wimax installed. Radio-2.15.00.07.28 and Wimax26023.
i can't really confirm that for u cuz i dont have 4g where im at...
which version is it? 1.0 or 1.1?
and u can try checking out a diff kernel to see it that will work or maybe if u flashed without wiping u can try wiping.
sorry that i cant be of more help at the moment.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLui View Post
I suggest everyone to update their radios and wimax w sprint lovers rom. Its in pc36img and that updates the radio n wimax the best way.. Its just so u dont have to keep updating the radio n wimax because if u keep updateing it w every diff rom u can break the radio n wimax.. trust me ive seen it threw speedtests n it does make a hell of a difference in speed! Good luck to everyone

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
once u flash it once it sticks btw...
i do see your point of having to flash a few times... the first rom i made included the radio update in it also.
but it doesn't need to be done more than once for the radio and once for the wimax.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

cluenino is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
i can't really confirm that for u cuz i dont have 4g where im at...
which version is it? 1.0 or 1.1?
and u can try checking out a diff kernel to see it that will work or maybe if u flashed without wiping u can try wiping.
sorry that i cant be of more help at the moment.
I used version 1.0. I did the wipe also. Maybe I should try 1.1?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluenino View Post
I used version 1.0. I did the wipe also. Maybe I should try 1.1?
well.... 1.1 is the updated one... but its a diff kernel...

im really not sure what to say, i would suggest to flash a diff kernel and see what happens.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

cluenino is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
well.... 1.1 is the updated one... but its a diff kernel...

im really not sure what to say, i would suggest to flash a diff kernel and see what happens.
i will give it a try and report back.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i did a quick check... it seems that the rom has issues if u flash with RA... not sure why cuz it is signed and the error i got with RA that never showed up in Clockwork is about a busybox script i added and not sprint_vvm...
anyways... im uploading a revised version that should be up on the sites in less then 30min.

so if anyone had any issues please d/l the revised version...
sorry.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

revised ver is up.

added a script that should fixpermissions on first boot so that it could solve issues if comeing from ver 1.0 and not wiping (although there shouldn't be any)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] [08/21/2010] MikFroyo v1.2 - updated... KiNgxKernel BFS #4

updated... see change log on the first post for full details.

also... i would like to recommend my settings for the home screen...

1)remove htcclockwidget from the home screen
2)add fancywidget instead
3)push on the clock and set it to what you'd like to happen once u click on weather/date/clock.
4)since htcclock is useless now... using your favorite method delete htcclockwidget and worldclock from /system/app (unless u still using world clock for some god knows why reason, then just leave worldclock.apk alone)
5)since htcclockwidget is useless now... also delete the folder /system/etc/clockwidget since these are images for the htclclockwidget and u dont really need them anymore.

also, since fancywidget uses a diff source for weather updates u can remove the followings from system/app if u not using the htc weather widget:
Weather.apk and com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk

that should clear up a little more space on your phone and just in general keeps it cleaner.

hope that helps some people to get rid of some useless things...

have fun.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ROM] [08/21/2010] MikFroyo v1.2 - updated... KiNgxKernel BFS #4

Niiice! Amma try this today! I would love to see more aosp implentations in this rom, messaging, etc if it is easy to do... not sure if thats the route ur taking.. but i love the white/great theme u implemented... its what keeps me on this woesome rom. Thanks.. lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development