PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Dimoand WM6.5
Carrier: SprintPCS

leonidm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

I can confirm the roaming problem. Was out of sprint covaerage yesterday. Got roaming indicator. When tried to make a call got a "voice message" claiming Verizon wiereless can't identify my phone "temporarily". i'll try to call sprint, thank you for suggestion
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
*********PRI 1.40 ROAMING FIX***********************

This may not effect everyone that got the 1.40 PRI update or you just didn't notice yet but there is an issue for some with making calls while roaming after doing the update.

Simply taking your battery out for two minutes then reinstalling MAY do it but it didn't work for me.
Another way (for the phone shy) was posted at XDA.:
Quote:
Update: contacted Sprint through Webchat and I told them the problem I was having: When calling while roaming a message comes on saying that Verizon can't complete the phone call because it can't authenticate the phone.

He updated some information on his system and told me to turn off the phone for 3 minutes and then plug it back in. I took out the battery during this period and turned it back on.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I had been trying to update my PRI before finally giving up after several hours. I'm still at 1.34_003 at the moment. However, I just had an instance where my phone wouldn't send a text message while roaming. I didn't try to make a call though. My phone was actually stuck in roaming in an area where I should have coverage. I rebooted the phone, it found coverage, and then I sent the text message just fine...

I wonder if that is related to the 1.40 call while roaming issue?

I am also curious. I had the same problems yesterday and was fixed by a reboot. I also have not been able to update the PRI.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
How did you "hack in" and get it to update?

+1 Im curious as well. Calkulins hack is not an actual update.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
On another note, I noticed with the Rom before 3.0 gmail had an update where they kinda optimized the look of gmail app, for instance the reply button was on the top right instead of the bottom of the email, any chance we can get that back?

Tapatalk'd on Evo
I am not sure if you used Riptide's theme. Somehow the updated gmail didn't make it into his V4 theme. He is finalizing V5 which will have the newer gmail.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat
*********PRI 1.40 ROAMING FIX***********************

This may not effect everyone that got the 1.40 PRI update or you just didn't notice yet but there is an issue for some with making calls while roaming after doing the update.

Simply taking your battery out for two minutes then reinstalling MAY do it but it didn't work for me.

Another way (for the phone shy) was posted at XDA.:

Quote:
Update: contacted Sprint through Webchat and I told them the problem I was having: When calling while roaming a message comes on saying that Verizon can't complete the phone call because it can't authenticate the phone.

He updated some information on his system and told me to turn off the phone for 3 minutes and then plug it back in. I took out the battery during this period and turned it back on.
I noticed this on Saturday. I just got off the phone with my wife, and I tried calling my cousin. My wife and I are both on Sprint. My cousin is on Verizon. I tried like 3 times in a row and I kept getting the message that Verizon could not authenticate my phone. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it went through, no problem.

This might just be a Verizon issue. Not sure if this helps but this was my experience.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
I noticed this on Saturday. I just got off the phone with my wife, and I tried calling my cousin. My wife and I are both on Sprint. My cousin is on Verizon. I tried like 3 times in a row and I kept getting the message that Verizon could not authenticate my phone. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it went through, no problem.

This might just be a Verizon issue. Not sure if this helps but this was my experience.
Which PRI are you on? Has everything been normal since Saturday-both roaming and calling your cousin?
I wasn't getting an authentication error just a "call can not be completed as dialed" error. (I did try with/without area codes) Dunno if its the same error.

Just an fyi-a roaming issue could easily be a Verizon issue as well since Sprint and VZW have a roaming partnership.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Riptide's V5 should be up in a few minutes. Not sure of all the changes except that he has the latest gmail in it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=727117
Old 08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PC36100
Carrier: sprint

al_asad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Sorry dude, but u don't have 4g. You would see the 4g icon on status bar just like the 3g one. Go to settings/wireless/ and then go to the 4g area and check that you acquired a signal and you have ip assignments given to your phone.. there is a 4g tracker by Android Police, Google it up... I would give ya the link but don't have it handy..

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Where i live has fairly decent 4G coverage so that isn't the problem, before i went for full root i activated sprints 4G data sharing plan and had really good speeds, but after root all it does is scan and can't find a network, does anyone have any suggestions for me to try seeing as i do have 4G coverage where i live?http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.js...ane:CvgDetails
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_asad View Post
Where i live has fairly decent 4G coverage so that isn't the problem, before i went for full root i activated sprints 4G data sharing plan and had really good speeds, but after root all it does is scan and can't find a network, does anyone have any suggestions for me to try seeing as i do have 4G coverage where i live?http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.js...ane:CvgDetails
Flash OMJ's 1.7 (I think that's the one at least- the one that has the radio and wimax included). Your 4G should work after that, then you can flash whatever (make sure you flash the latest radio and wimax if you go to a froyo ROM).

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development