View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
touch_rules
Regular 'Geeker

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat
*********PRI 1.40 ROAMING FIX***********************

This may not effect everyone that got the 1.40 PRI update or you just didn't notice yet but there is an issue for some with making calls while roaming after doing the update.

Simply taking your battery out for two minutes then reinstalling MAY do it but it didn't work for me.

Another way (for the phone shy) was posted at XDA.:

Quote:
Update: contacted Sprint through Webchat and I told them the problem I was having: When calling while roaming a message comes on saying that Verizon can't complete the phone call because it can't authenticate the phone.

He updated some information on his system and told me to turn off the phone for 3 minutes and then plug it back in. I took out the battery during this period and turned it back on.
I noticed this on Saturday. I just got off the phone with my wife, and I tried calling my cousin. My wife and I are both on Sprint. My cousin is on Verizon. I tried like 3 times in a row and I kept getting the message that Verizon could not authenticate my phone. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it went through, no problem.

This might just be a Verizon issue. Not sure if this helps but this was my experience.