PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Thx for the quick replies. Appreciate it.
Now to clarify both OMJs response and urs.

Do I still need to do toast root part ii? Or continue how I am now?
If I backup and try v1.7 ROM1 should I be good to go and not have to do toast part ii later?

Thx again to both of u..
No. IF you want 1.7 ROM1 to get all the OTA updates then you HAVE to do Toast Part II FIRST. You wont be able to run the file without it. If you do a Nand backup with the ROM you are on now then you could:
Do Toast II
Flash 1.7 ROM1
Restore your data.img from the ROM you are on now via the method OMJ outlines in Post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie or OMJ

OK I started over with Whitslack to try to see if I could get 4G to work...it does now. Do I flash OMJ's ROM 2 now or would this mess up what I have?

Jim
Technically either one is fine but--ROM 2 is for you! ROM1 would be redundant (but safe) as it gives you the same OTA updates as whitslack.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

@winmonewbie,

Since you are on 1.34_003, and you said that your update PRL and update data profile works, can you try this to let me know if this gets you back to 1.40_003

"Originally Posted by MrTrip
Whee! I was so nervous about bricking the damn thing...

PRI SOLUTION WORKING CONFIRMED

NASCAR SPRINT CUP APP IS WORKING. I just selected my driver, of course #88 =P sorry to anybody who doesn't like this...

PRL Update is working through now no errors.

Everything is working great.

##786# + MSL + Menu -> Reset + OK + Wait patiently = SUCCESS!"

this post comes from xda and full credit goes to the posted mentioned in the quote and it was done for HTC Hero

Last edited by reekotubbs; 07-17-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Winmonewbie

OK, did the whislack start over then ROM 2...only 1 problem remains...

In ROM manager when I do check for rom updates it needs install of clockworkmod so I go ahead and get a CDMA choice then it errors "an error occured while flashing your recovery" What am I screwing up?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Winmonewbie

OK, did the whislack start over then ROM 2...only 1 problem remains...

In ROM manager when I do check for rom updates it needs install of clockworkmod so I go ahead and get a CDMA choice then it errors "an error occured while flashing your recovery" What am I screwing up?
Not sure it's you. From what I've read it could be a temp issue with ROM Managers servers. Saw that on a Moto Droid forum.
Is your ROM Manager up to date? Go to the Market and see if you are cued for a update in the Downloads section.
Scroll down to the bottom of ROM Manager and select All ClockworkMod Recoveries-there are older versions there. You could try one of those.
If that doesnt work, try uninstalling/reinstalling ROM Manager from Market.

If none of that works I would jump over to FastRX8's thread and follow the instructions there on manually installing Recovery.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Look at the first set of instrucitons-your ROM version doesnt matter at this point.
DL the files and follow the instructions on where to put them. All you need is the flash_image and recovery.img files
Jump down to Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC.
Start with Step 2K.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:55 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Sorry OMJ.......I flashed the v1.7 rom1 because I never did any updates to my radio or anything (came straight from v1.6 to v1.7) and it has my screen all messed up! It types by itself..........sometimes when I hit the home button the notification screen comes down......it answers phone calls on its own........I ended up selling a race track on iMobsters because the screen wanted to do it own thing.......can't function like this! Went back to v1.6 and the stock rooted rom and having the same screen problems.....any suggestions?!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Not sure it's you. From what I've read it could be a temp issue with ROM Managers servers. Saw that on a Moto Droid forum.
Is your ROM Manager up to date? Go to the Market and see if you are cued for a update in the Downloads section.
Scroll down to the bottom of ROM Manager and select All ClockworkMod Recoveries-there are older versions there. You could try one of those.
If that doesnt work, try uninstalling/reinstalling ROM Manager from Market.

If none of that works I would jump over to FastRX8's thread and follow the instructions there on manually installing Recovery.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Look at the first set of instrucitons-your ROM version doesnt matter at this point.
DL the files and follow the instructions on where to put them. All you need is the flash_image and recovery.img files
Jump down to Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC.
Start with Step 2K.
Winmonewbie

Hate to be such a noob...but how many of the steps do I need to do starting with 2K?

Jim
Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Sorry OMJ.......I flashed the v1.7 rom1 because I never did any updates to my radio or anything (came straight from v1.6 to v1.7) and it has my screen all messed up! It types by itself..........sometimes when I hit the home button the notification screen comes down......it answers phone calls on its own........I ended up selling a race track on iMobsters because the screen wanted to do it own thing.......can't function like this! Went back to v1.6 and the stock rooted rom and having the same screen problems.....any suggestions?!

Wipe then reflash.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover
Wipe then reflash.
I've did that too...............as a matter of fact that's the first thing I did......I even wiped before installing the v1.7......unless I wasn't supposed to?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie
No wories Buddha. Turn off your phone. Hold Down Vol and Power On. Hold Down Vol till the white screen shows. At the top will be your hboot version. If its .76.2 you have "full root" and can flash ROM 1. If not follow Fasts thread to complete the process.
Uh..............my HBOOT number is 0.79.0000 but I just flash a couple roms like......2 minutes ago without hooking up to a computer! I hook my phone up to the computer to get back to stock and it won't let me!

WTF?!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Winmonewbie

Hate to be such a noob...but how many of the steps do I need to do starting with 2K?

Jim
Well settle in for long night because you have to go from 2K ALL the way through......2K
2K installs the image. The rest of the steps describe how to wipe, install a ROM in the update.zip format, and work with Nand backups and restore. I think you already now that part.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I've did that too...............as a matter of fact that's the first thing I did......I even wiped before installing the v1.7......unless I wasn't supposed to?!

Uh..............my HBOOT number is 0.79.0000 but I just flash a couple roms like......2 minutes ago without hooking up to a computer! I hook my phone up to the computer to get back to stock and it won't let me!

WTF?!
If was unlocked it appears you lost the unlocked nand-possibly during one of those ROM flashes??? I cant explain that one. Weirdness for sure.
If you are running an old version of ROM Manager that could explain how you could flash ROMs without the PC. The newer versions of ROM Manager require an unlocked nand afaik.
Getting back to stock from 1.47 can be difficult. I couldnt do it on my Win7 machine but when I used my Vista PC it worked (I was in fastboot, dunno if it will work while booted into the system)
Some guides say boot into bootloader and if you get errors dont touch the phone-just keep trying.
Try using the stock RUU that corresponds to the software you are on now (ie 1.47 rooted ---> 1.47 stock)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development