PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
No. IF you want 1.7 ROM1 to get all the OTA updates then you HAVE to do Toast Part II FIRST. You wont be able to run the file without it. If you do a Nand backup with the ROM you are on now then you could:
Do Toast II
Flash 1.7 ROM1
Restore your data.img from the ROM you are on now via the method OMJ outlines in Post #2.

Technically either one is fine but--ROM 2 is for you! ROM1 would be redundant (but safe) as it gives you the same OTA updates as whitslack.
I'm hoping this will be my last clarification question before I actually do Toast II.

Q. Toast II deals with original ROM, or Stock ROM - Pre-OTA.
Can I follow those instructions or do I have to do the ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root) as posted by FASTRx8 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

I'm currently running OMJ v1.7, therefore I'm running ROM 1.47. I'm just not sure which flash I need to follow the instructions of. If I have to follow the Rooting AFTER OTA 1.47.. DAMN, what a pain in the ASS... Specially since it appears to have issues while doing the flash.. I'm still scratching my head wondering why I never finished my ROOT? Ohh well noob issues... I am learning a lot.

Thanks to both you and OMJ.. Both of you really keep up with everyone's questions, concerns and problems.. I have yet to see a post turning anyone away..

I think I'm done for the nite.. I don't wanna mess around with my Evo tonite. Cuz If I try to root part 2 and something goes wrong, I will stay up all nite trying to fix the damn thing..

thanks.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm hoping this will be my last clarification question before I actually do Toast II.

Q. Toast II deals with original ROM, or Stock ROM - Pre-OTA.
Can I follow those instructions or do I have to do the ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root) as posted by FASTRx8 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

I'm currently running OMJ v1.7, therefore I'm running ROM 1.47. I'm just not sure which flash I need to follow the instructions of. If I have to follow the Rooting AFTER OTA 1.47.. DAMN, what a pain in the ASS... Specially since it appears to have issues while doing the flash.. I'm still scratching my head wondering why I never finished my ROOT? Ohh well noob issues... I am learning a lot.

Thanks to both you and OMJ.. Both of you really keep up with everyone's questions, concerns and problems.. I have yet to see a post turning anyone away..

I think I'm done for the nite.. I don't wanna mess around with my Evo tonite. Cuz If I try to root part 2 and something goes wrong, I will stay up all nite trying to fix the damn thing..

thanks.
No prob Bro. OK, dont read this till the AM lol.
Unlocking Nand is the same whether you are coming from pre- or post- OTA software. It's the first part of the root that is different.
Read the Toast II instructions, then read the 1.47 instructions from step 5R (from Fast's tutorial) and you will see they are the same.
Good luck.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

apex615 is a n00b

I am stuck in the boot loop and I do the factory reset and cache reset, but it's still stuck in the loop.... any suggestions? I can't seem to get it to boot all the way, no matter what. So I came here for help.

I don't even know how to get back to stock ROM because I can't access the SD card from the boot screen. (don't know how). I am on MAC OS X 10.6 (preferred), but I have access to Windows 7 pc.

The PC136 (or whatever) has already been renamed, so it's not finding it when I boot... Need help quick. No access to cell phone until it's fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by apex615; 07-18-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started

[QUOTE=winmonewbie;1871264]@reekotubbs-I'm as happy to test as the next guy but my phone is fine. The process you suggest will at least hard reset your phone, possibly loose root.
Since it seems isolated to your device I say you go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

/QUOTE]

I understand, if my phone was provisioning correctly I would try, but since my phone won't Profile update or PRL update I can't try this method. I'm waiting to see if toast has extracted the PRI from someone's phone that still has 1.40_003.

Well hopefully someone with the same issue can try it out and if it works it may help many more.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex615 View Post
I am stuck in the boot loop and I do the factory reset and cache reset, but it's still stuck in the loop.... any suggestions? I can't seem to get it to boot all the way, no matter what. So I came here for help.

I don't even know how to get back to stock ROM because I can't access the SD card from the boot screen. (don't know how). I am on MAC OS X 10.6 (preferred), but I have access to Windows 7 pc.

The PC136 (or whatever) has already been renamed, so it's not finding it when I boot... Need help quick. No access to cell phone until it's fixed.

Thanks in advance.
What are you trying to do? Load ROM1? After you wipe you need to reflash an older ROM or retore a nand backup if you have one. Try that.
Since you said it wont read the PC36 file I assume you are trying to flash 1.7 ROM1. Did you verify that you are nand unlocked? While in bootloader look at your hboot version at the top of the screen-if it's .79 then you arent nand unlocked and the ROM1 file wont flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
@reekotubbs-I'm as happy to test as the next guy but my phone is fine. The process you suggest will at least hard reset your phone, possibly loose root.
Since it seems isolated to your device I say you go for it and let us know how it works out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
I understand, if my phone was provisioning correctly I would try, but since my phone won't Profile update or PRL update I can't try this method. I'm waiting to see if toast has extracted the PRI from someone's phone that still has 1.40_003.

Well hopefully someone with the same issue can try it out and if it works it may help many more.
I saw Toast's posts about it but the last one I saw was from June, I know he's uber-busy but that doesn't look good to me. Even if I try it the only way it would work is if it triggered an OTA as the file in question isn't on my phone. That's how I'm looking at it anyway.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-18-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

uploading (2) v1.8 ROMs..........deodexed fixed, apps2sd added (untested)
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

ok, I'm trying this.....but i'm doubtful

Quote:
@winmonewbie,

Since you are on 1.34_003, and you said that your update PRL and update data profile works, can you try this to let me know if this gets you back to 1.40_003

"Originally Posted by MrTrip
Whee! I was so nervous about bricking the damn thing...

PRI SOLUTION WORKING CONFIRMED

NASCAR SPRINT CUP APP IS WORKING. I just selected my driver, of course #88 =P sorry to anybody who doesn't like this...

PRL Update is working through now no errors.

Everything is working great.

##786# + MSL + Menu -> Reset + OK + Wait patiently = SUCCESS!"

this post comes from xda and full credit goes to the posted mentioned in the quote and it was done for HTC Hero
Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
uploading (2) v1.8 ROMs..........deodexed fixed, apps2sd added (untested)
You had me at "uploading".....

Good stuff Bro! Will take her for a spin today.
Thanks!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:54 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

nope, still @ 1.34_003....I kinda had a feeling it would update on 1st boot when I saw the "handsfree activation".....but no.

Quote:
@winmonewbie,

Since you are on 1.34_003, and you said that your update PRL and update data profile works, can you try this to let me know if this gets you back to 1.40_003

"Originally Posted by MrTrip
Whee! I was so nervous about bricking the damn thing...

PRI SOLUTION WORKING CONFIRMED

NASCAR SPRINT CUP APP IS WORKING. I just selected my driver, of course #88 =P sorry to anybody who doesn't like this...

PRL Update is working through now no errors.

Everything is working great.

##786# + MSL + Menu -> Reset + OK + Wait patiently = SUCCESS!"

this post comes from xda and full credit goes to the posted mentioned in the quote and it was done for HTC Hero
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.8

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair V1.8 Deodexed

DOWNLOAD

Change log:

-added app2sd (untested)
-fixed deodexed ROM
-updated Android Mate to 1.1.5
-updated Titanium Backup to 3.3.0
-updated ROM Manager to 2.0.0.7

*unfortunately there is already updates for Titanium & ROM manager, I'm not re-cooking/uploading

**I was not able to test app2sd as I'm using the stock micro sd card

***I did not wipe between these ROMs, if you are coming from a previous OMJ ROM, you may not have to either

****If you have not flashed v1.7 w/ the OTA updates (ROM1) or equivalent, you must flash it 1st!!

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development