View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I'm hoping this will be my last clarification question before I actually do Toast II.

Q. Toast II deals with original ROM, or Stock ROM - Pre-OTA.
Can I follow those instructions or do I have to do the ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root) as posted by FASTRx8 here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714

I'm currently running OMJ v1.7, therefore I'm running ROM 1.47. I'm just not sure which flash I need to follow the instructions of. If I have to follow the Rooting AFTER OTA 1.47.. DAMN, what a pain in the ASS... Specially since it appears to have issues while doing the flash.. I'm still scratching my head wondering why I never finished my ROOT? Ohh well noob issues... I am learning a lot.

Thanks to both you and OMJ.. Both of you really keep up with everyone's questions, concerns and problems.. I have yet to see a post turning anyone away..

I think I'm done for the nite.. I don't wanna mess around with my Evo tonite. Cuz If I try to root part 2 and something goes wrong, I will stay up all nite trying to fix the damn thing..

thanks.
No prob Bro. OK, dont read this till the AM lol.
Unlocking Nand is the same whether you are coming from pre- or post- OTA software. It's the first part of the root that is different.
Read the Toast II instructions, then read the 1.47 instructions from step 5R (from Fast's tutorial) and you will see they are the same.
Good luck.