View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:15 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie

OK, did the whislack start over then ROM 2...only 1 problem remains...

In ROM manager when I do check for rom updates it needs install of clockworkmod so I go ahead and get a CDMA choice then it errors "an error occured while flashing your recovery" What am I screwing up?
Not sure it's you. From what I've read it could be a temp issue with ROM Managers servers. Saw that on a Moto Droid forum.
Is your ROM Manager up to date? Go to the Market and see if you are cued for a update in the Downloads section.
Scroll down to the bottom of ROM Manager and select All ClockworkMod Recoveries-there are older versions there. You could try one of those.
If that doesnt work, try uninstalling/reinstalling ROM Manager from Market.

If none of that works I would jump over to FastRX8's thread and follow the instructions there on manually installing Recovery.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Look at the first set of instrucitons-your ROM version doesnt matter at this point.
DL the files and follow the instructions on where to put them. All you need is the flash_image and recovery.img files
Jump down to Section 2 Version 2 Using the PC.
Start with Step 2K.