View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.7 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Thx for the quick replies. Appreciate it.
Now to clarify both OMJs response and urs.

Do I still need to do toast root part ii? Or continue how I am now?
If I backup and try v1.7 ROM1 should I be good to go and not have to do toast part ii later?

Thx again to both of u..
No. IF you want 1.7 ROM1 to get all the OTA updates then you HAVE to do Toast Part II FIRST. You wont be able to run the file without it. If you do a Nand backup with the ROM you are on now then you could:
Do Toast II
Flash 1.7 ROM1
Restore your data.img from the ROM you are on now via the method OMJ outlines in Post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Winmonewbie or OMJ

OK I started over with Whitslack to try to see if I could get 4G to work...it does now. Do I flash OMJ's ROM 2 now or would this mess up what I have?

Jim
Technically either one is fine but--ROM 2 is for you! ROM1 would be redundant (but safe) as it gives you the same OTA updates as whitslack.