PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8 | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 10/29/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by escavi View Post
Thanks for the info, I wish it was the more recent version of wireless tether that would work with it. I dont really care about apps2sd at all to sacrifice the loss of 4g speeds on sprint hotspot. I may just go back to 3.7 and wait to see if anything changes or omj removes apps2sd again.

I really like the wireless tether status where it tells you how much has been uploaded and downloaded in a session too.
to each his own but if your have lots of apps like me you learn to love it app2sd
Old 10-30-2010, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

escavi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
to each his own but if your have lots of apps like me you learn to love it app2sd

Yeah I may have to live with it.

Is this apps2sd conflict with wifi tether a problem with all roms or just the OMJ rom? I think the fresh rom has apps2sd built in and they also have the wifi tether 2.05 pre 11.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

stuckwi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Ahh thank you.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

I have an app called App 2 SD which does not need partitioning or anything special. It is by AZSoft Technology, Version 1.22. Works great! Check the Market. FREE.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:15 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by escavi View Post
Yeah I may have to live with it.

Is this apps2sd conflict with wifi tether a problem with all roms or just the OMJ rom? I think the fresh rom has apps2sd built in and they also have the wifi tether 2.05 pre 11.
im not really sure... you can test it or ask some one in the fresh thread
Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
I have an app called App 2 SD which does not need partitioning or anything special. It is by AZSoft Technology, Version 1.22. Works great! Check the Market. FREE.
Yes it does, so does SD Move. Those apps and others like them are NOT the same as apps2sd by Darktremor.
Those apps work with the native app to SD feature of Froyo. They only find and help you move the apps that are written to be moved by the apps developer.
The Darktremor version will move all or almost all apps and does need the SD card to be partitioned.

Keep in mind that you may lose the ability to use widgets with some apps that are moved to the card with the native SD move.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

rigogs is a n00b

Is there any chance to have a modified version of Skype (one that will work w/o having to be in WiFi) for your next release...? would love to make international calls w/o having to find a hot spot.

Thanks for all the great work you do!!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker

stuckwi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by samster86 it is how I got my apps2sd to work.
(note: do this at your own risk)

1. BACK UP YOUR MEMORY CARD TO YOUR COMPUTER
2. Using AmonRa's recovery
3. Boot into recovery mode
4. Select Partition SD card
4. Set: 512 Ext: 1024
5. let it finish select SD:ext2 to ext3
6. go back to usb-ms toggle
7. Put all your stuff back on your memory card now
8. I went to Wipe data/factory reset then wipe cache, wipe Dalvik-cache and finally wipe SD:ext partition.
9. Then flash the rom and let it boot all the way up
10. Reboot into Recovery
11. Flash Kings bfs 9 kernal
12. reboot
13. connect usb to phone and using adb type
"adb shell"
then
"/system/bin/a2sd check"
you should see some properties
scroll down and look to see if dalvik cache is run on sd card if not type
"a2sd cachesd"
the phone will reboot by itself
once again using adb type
"adb shell"
then
"/system/bin/a2sd check"
make sure dalvik cache is now running on sdcard
also check to see if Zipalign is set to boot if not type
"a2sd zipalign"
Fellas,
I first used the above procedure with Myn's Warm2.2 rom to partition my SD and move apps 2 sd. After that it seems that my ROM's have been unstable. So I switched back to OMJ 3.8 and it is also unstable. It seems to hang and require battery-pull frequently. Is this common for Darktremor's apps2sd?
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckwi View Post
Fellas,
I first used the above procedure with Myn's Warm2.2 rom to partition my SD and move apps 2 sd. After that it seems that my ROM's have been unstable. So I switched back to OMJ 3.8 and it is also unstable. It seems to hang and require battery-pull frequently. Is this common for Darktremor's apps2sd?
first off your swap is set to 512 wow thats to high
and you should only run dalvik cache from sd card if you have a class 6
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Lurker

stuckwi is a n00b

the SD card is the default that came with the EVO. I don't know if it is a class 6
I can't change the swap now unless I completely repartition right?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development