PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.8 | FroYo 3.30.651.2 | *Updated 10/29/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckwi View Post
the SD card is the default that came with the EVO. I don't know if it is a class 6
I can't change the swap now unless I completely repartition right?
stock sd card that comes with the evo is class 2
and yes you have to repartition sd card 32mb is what the developer recommends
Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

SadFeet is keeping up the good workSadFeet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

are there any tweaks or apps that can help increase the in-call volume? I feel like it should be a bit louder.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

stuckwi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
stock sd card that comes with the evo is class 2
and yes you have to repartition sd card 32mb is what the developer recommends
Thanks KarlE,
I upgraded the EXT2 to EXT3 and ran "a2sd nocache"; to run dalvik cache from internal memory. So far seem to be running okay without freezes.

If it still causes problems then I'll resize the swap partition
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Diana Prince is a n00b
Can Someone (Anyone!) Help

I attempted to flash v3.8 (coming from v3.5) and I think my phone is borked. Please help.

I just got a new 32gb sd card (the card is legit, I tested it before installing anything on it.) I previously had the 8gb card that came with the phone. I formatted the new card successfully and added all of the files from the 8gb card (minus a few old backups I had done. deleted these to save room. i left the most recent backup 10/27 on the card).

I downloaded the new rom, went into rom manager selected "install ROM from sd card", i then selected backup existing rom and then boot recovery. Everything seemed to be going fine. Once the screen got to "install from sd card complete" the phone stayed stuck on that screen. I left the phone for about 10 minutes and it still remained stuck there.

I removed the battery and then replaced it. The phone remained stuck on the white HTC EVO 4g screen. I pressed power then volume down and again attempted to install the 3.8 rom from the sd card, everything went fine, selected reboot system and again, white htc evo 4g screen.

Finally I attempted to recover my earlier backup, when I went to select the backup it says "files not found"! I tried inserting the 8gb back into the phone and recovering my backup and again "file not found".

What exactly do I need to do to recover my phone? Do I need to go to Sprint for another phone or can this be fixed? Sorry for sounding so desperate but my cell is my main phone and right now it's useless to me.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

****UPDATE****

I did a factory reset and when I checked my phone software I'm now using rom version 3.8. Not cool.

Last edited by Diana Prince; 11-01-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd2
Carrier: optus

meckfo is a n00b

Im using frofo 2.2 v3.7 but the camera is not woking ,any help on how to fix it?
also i tried to download this one on mac n it shows me that the link its broken and if i try it on pc i cant find the link,So can u gimme the link for this new froyo i want to try it and see if my camera can work again
Thank
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meckfo View Post
Im using frofo 2.2 v3.7 but the camera is not woking ,any help on how to fix it?
also i tried to download this one on mac n it shows me that the link its broken and if i try it on pc i cant find the link,So can u gimme the link for this new froyo i want to try it and see if my camera can work again
Thank
OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.8
Odexed w/ Stock Kernel

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.8
Deodexed w/ Stock Kernel

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

did you try to right click on download and save as
Old 11-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd2
Carrier: optus

meckfo is a n00b

No I did not,let me try it n see how it goes,
Question is : in this new Rom is everything working properly?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by meckfo View Post
No I did not,let me try it n see how it goes,
Question is : in this new Rom is everything working properly?
Yes, everything works, as usual.
The camera issue you had with 3.7 wasn't the ROM, must be some issue with your device. The new flash may help anyway.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch 6900
Carrier: sprint

logik777 is a n00b

What would be the difference from the WiFi tether an the hotspot.....TIA
LGK777
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

geshsoft is a n00b

It appears the hotspot would not work with 4G. When hotspot is active 4G is only scanning but not connecting, or at least this is my case.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development