PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Love the look of this ROM- I just don't want the PPCG on the KB. Any way to change the KB after the ROM is flashed?
*Nothing personal against PPCG, I just don't like having extraneous "stuff" on the KB.
You can install any kb you want.
OMJ posted the unthemed kb awhile ago so it's in the threads attached files:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...c_ime_hi22.apk

Here's a thread of skinned Droid X mutli-touch kb's-great to match to a theme:
Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.2 addition themed - xda-developers
Enjoy

For those having resotre issues-are you trying to resotre 100's/1,000's of SMS/MMS messages? I know a high number can cause a system slow down so it stands to reason trying to restore a massive amount could cause hiccups.
I gave up trying to understand why you crazy kids hang onto so many messages

This may have been posted before but just in case--What may help keep your nands bork-free is to wipe temp data first before you restore. Either wipe cache and dalvik first or flash the Clear Temp zip from calks thread:
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers

The Format All is a good one to run for a clean wipe prior to ROM install-imo it's at least the same if not better than a manual wipe.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

ROM is running great so far. But I'm not getting descent battery life since moving to the latest HTC ota and kernel. How's everyone else making out? I'm getting 8 hrs or so with moderate usage. Used to get 14+. Trying kk cfs9 (latest) now to see if it makes a difference. So far, its just as responsive so hopefully battery follows suit.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

Im having a little problem. Ive flashed the new rom from the previous rom... so no wipe.. Everything is working fine except the a section of the screen wont let me select whats there. for example, if i get a a new text and go to all messages, i cant select the new text. I dont know why. I calibrated the screen through language & keyboard. But still the same problem.. What could be the issue???
Old 09-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Anyone else having trouble with Sprint NFL live? I installed it and it gives me an error of me needing to be a sprint or nextel customer. Last time I checked, the EVO was only available for Sprint. What gives?

Change your banner back to Sprint from whatever you changed it to, install the program again, then go back to CDMA workshop and change it from Sprint back to whatever you want.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Your telling me that the little banner change I did makes all the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
Change your banner back to Sprint from whatever you changed it to, install the program again, then go back to CDMA workshop and change it from Sprint back to whatever you want.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

I was running 3.3 for a while and loved the battery life. I just put on 3.5 this morning. It's only 5pm and I am down to 15% battery. The bad thing is I've only made three phone calls today and read a little of a book. I was getting a full day with 3.3. I've not done anything other than restore the last backup I made. I don't use any special kernels either.

It might be time for me to roll back to 3.3 until something changes.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
I was running 3.3 for a while and loved the battery life. I just put on 3.5 this morning. It's only 5pm and I am down to 15% battery. The bad thing is I've only made three phone calls today and read a little of a book. I was getting a full day with 3.3. I've not done anything other than restore the last backup I made. I don't use any special kernels either.

It might be time for me to roll back to 3.3 until something changes.
You may also want to give it a day or two. I NEVER see true battery potential upon the initial flash. Run the battery down and give it a full charge.
Once it's fully charged, turn it off. Unplug, wait for the indicator light to shut off, plug in the charger and wait for the green light to indicate a full charge again-may be quick, may be not.
Once it's fully charged boot into recovery and wipe battery stats (Thanks FastRX8 for the idea to wipe stats)
Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Your telling me that the little banner change I did makes all the difference?

Yup. Crazy how I knew you changed your banner without asking, huh?

Happened to me too. The app reads that to see what your carrier is, and if it doesnt say sprint the first time, it wont know you are using a sprint phone.

Last edited by TREmp77; 09-26-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
I like your OMJs signatur hopefully you does not gonna get peast because i stolled =D>
naw its kool if like OMJ rom you can wear the sig thats what it was made for

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4audi View Post
Im having a little problem. Ive flashed the new rom from the previous rom... so no wipe.. Everything is working fine except the a section of the screen wont let me select whats there. for example, if i get a a new text and go to all messages, i cant select the new text. I dont know why. I calibrated the screen through language & keyboard. But still the same problem.. What could be the issue???
please help me with this..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development