PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

busventinc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

allrighty with iknowsquat's help it worked but my new problem is I backed up all my apps and stuff with titanium backup and I was using busybox 1.16 this one has 1.17 sdx is that the reason I am having problems restoring. every time I try to restore it reboots the phone and does not restore anything also if anyone can recommend a better apps and data backup solution I would appreciate it
Old 09-26-2010, 12:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tandxcstar1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by busventinc View Post
allrighty with iknowsquat's help it worked but my new problem is I backed up all my apps and stuff with titanium backup and I was using busybox 1.16 this one has 1.17 sdx is that the reason I am having problems restoring. every time I try to restore it reboots the phone and does not restore anything also if anyone can recommend a better apps and data backup solution I would appreciate it

I use MyBackup Pro but if anything just Update BusyBox... Also when using TTB I encountered Parse Error msgs when attempting to restore my apps and data. Needless to say I was highly irritated. Grant it I was coming from 3.26 to 3.29 but I highly doubt that was the issue. But when in 3.26 I used TTB BU then did a restore it worked BUT not when I flashed to 3.29. Nothing but Parse Errors.. So I reflashed back to 3.26 used MyBackup Pro. Flashed back to 3.29 and did a full restore with NO ERRORS! In fact I just did this 30mins ago. A pain but had to be done. Not sure why I got parse errors but im assuming it was an issue w/ 3.29. I tried everything to get it to work but I spent more time flashing and wiping then I should have. MyBackup Pro was easy. Hope this helps
Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM
N00b

odd... cant wifi tether...says unable to start tethering. plase try again!

lol not sure why. Just going to do a full wipe I guess and try..

Last edited by tandxcstar1; 09-26-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:21 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Love the look of this ROM- I just don't want the PPCG on the KB. Any way to change the KB after the ROM is flashed?
*Nothing personal against PPCG, I just don't like having extraneous "stuff" on the KB.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandxcstar1 View Post
odd... cant wifi tether...says unable to start tethering. plase try again!

lol not sure why. Just going to do a full wipe I guess and try..
Ok I did a full wipe and I was able to fig out the issue myself. I was doing a backup on an older ver of wifi tether and restoring overwritting the new wifi tether app. I did not do a restore on the old wifi and left it as is and it started fine. Just my mistake
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

fwiw-I use TiBack up without issue UNLESS I forget to do the BusyBox dl first. If I forget then I do see parse errors. Install BusyBox and anything I choose to restore goes without issue.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
kf4hqf

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

I've tried the Sapphire Themed v3.5 several times and keep getting boot loop. I've tried everything I know to try. Redownloaded twice, I wiped 2 times before each attempt, and I tried a freshly reformatted sd card. Still looping. I am coming from Sprint Lovers 2.2 (All in one). Please, any other suggestions?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else having trouble with Sprint NFL live? I installed it and it gives me an error of me needing to be a sprint or nextel customer. Last time I checked, the EVO was only available for Sprint. What gives?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4hqf View Post
I've tried the Sapphire Themed v3.5 several times and keep getting boot loop. I've tried everything I know to try. Redownloaded twice, I wiped 2 times before each attempt, and I tried a freshly reformatted sd card. Still looping. I am coming from Sprint Lovers 2.2 (All in one). Please, any other suggestions?
Install the 3.5 Base ROM then install the theme separately from this thread:
[Themes/Fixed][Update 9/24][Tested On 3.29 Base] Konikub's Themes with Gallery FC Fix - xda-developers

You should be able to just flash the theme, no wipe.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

erawtik is becoming a great contributor

same problem il try just the rom first as well

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development