PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've got all the "stuff"... you want the files? If you don't already have them... here is a link to what I downloaded.
Or if you have 21901, I'd be OK w/that. That's what I'm using now, I just figured I'd get the most recent if I'm going to flash again.
I'd really appreciate anything you can do.
here, I'll do one better....21904, I have not tested it, and did not tweak the paths for live, marketplace, office

DOWNLOAD
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Unhappy SAD ERROR Reply

I searched and saw this once in the Caulkin Kitchen thread, but nobody really replied. I did check the Release_Diamond folder, but it failed to create anything.

Perhaps I have overlooked something obvious? Do I need to change the text where it says "DIAM****"?

Thanks!

- 2 Bunny

PS: Just remembered, I'm using my HD monitor, so some of you with laptops or those tiny "widescreen" monitors may have trouble seeing the photo - sorry about that. If needed, I can resize it.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

I have seen that error but I'm not exactly sure what causes it. I believe I've read it could be due to overwriting too many files, but again I'm not sure
Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

No, you don't need to change that text. From what you have shown in the screen shot, everything looks ok. Did you close everything down, and try again? Sometimes things just happen. Since it sounds like you're fairly new to all this ... have you tried using OMJ's erv file, in order to get a bootable rom? Once you've done that, then try experimenting. Good luck!

edit - sorry, Ken ... I was so busy looking over his screen shot, that I didn't notice you had already replied.

Last edited by wmdunn; 05-22-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:09 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
No, you don't need to change that text. From what you have shown in the screen shot, everything looks ok. Did you close everything down, and try again? Sometimes things just happen. Since it sounds like you're fairly new to all this ... have you tried using OMJ's erv file, in order to get a bootable rom? Once you've done that, then try experimenting. Good luck!

edit - sorry, Ken ... I was so busy looking over his screen shot, that I didn't notice you had already replied.
oh np....good advice though...start w/ something that works, then start adding/subtracting/tweaking, then if the error returns, you'll know what caused it by your last action.

btw...did u pre-order your EVO yet Bill?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
btw...did u pre-order your EVO yet Bill?
I have a buddy at Sprint retentions, who's taking care of everything for me. Can't believe it's only a couple of weeks away ... finally! How was the cruise?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:14 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
here, I'll do one better....21904, I have not tested it, and did not tweak the paths for live, marketplace, office

DOWNLOAD
Thanks AGAIN! [Hope you don't get tired of hearing that.] Very cool.

What kind of "tweaking" of paths gets done? I don't use live or marketplace, but I do use office.

Last edited by Trident; 05-22-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Wink PARTIAL SUCCESS Reply

Thanks for the tips. I guess trying to build one of the Kitchen ROM files in its default state should have come to mind first. I guess back then, it was still morning .

I found that it was because I tried to change the "rom version name". After I changed it back to what it was before, it compiled it perfect; first try.

Now to flash it. I can't flash it at home because our desktop computer never flashes firmwares right on anything "EVAR" for some reason, but I'll have access to a computer that does later this afternoon.

I'll keep you guys posted! Hopefully it works out all right.

- 2 Bunny

PS: Will a pagepool of 16 drop performance much?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
I have a buddy at Sprint retentions, who's taking care of everything for me. Can't believe it's only a couple of weeks away ... finally! How was the cruise?
cool! cruise was great, too short, just booked another for the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Thanks AGAIN! [Hope you don't get tired of hearing that.] Very cool.

What kind of "tweaking" of paths gets done? I don't use live or marketplace, but I do use office.
np man! I always tweak the shortcut paths to start menu/Multimedia or System.....just my custom folders thing...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned User

Smile NEED A NEW POT Reply

All right. Got the ROM cooked and working, and I thought I could live with it, but I was wrong. I hate WM 6.5. I tried to work with it, and half my stuff is reinstalled, but I have to go back to standard WM 6.1.

It looks cool, but if wm6 was like trying to wade through a swamp to get stuff done, wm 6.5 is like being stuck in an ice cube: I can't do crap. Too many scroll bars missing, too flaky. Flip it only works once: You start in portrait, go to landscape, and you can't go back. Among other things.

Where can I get a unit for WM 6.1 in this kitchen!!!!!!!(?)

UPDATE: Could I maybe use the 21055 SYS from here, and then could that be incorportated into the existing templates?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 05-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development