PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
I noticed, LOL! A lot of the stuff is quite old.

"Manillas", you mean "Manila"?

I did that once, and you know what, it almost looked as bad as the WM6.5 ROM I made in that kitchen. I know there were a great deal of things, but my experience made me never want to touch it again for some reason...

Yes, you can move the shortcuts with the file manager in WM6.1, there might be a spot in the settings, but ultimately, I want it to be preconfigured so that people who download the ROM don't have to monkey around with it for fifteen minutes in the settings and doing customization.

To answer your other question, yes, the start menu that comes up when you tap "start" (I hate above all else in WM6.5 the FAIL start menu in there, and I don't feel like trying to cook something into a ROM to fix it - I'll keep my working WM6.1 ROM).

For the Messenger thing, would you maybe recommend just including Fring? Fring works pretty well, but it doesn't support Skype anymore, and it wasn't designed for VGA (very well - Icons, etc.).

- 2 Bunny

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jennifer/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jennifer/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jennifer/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jennifer/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]
messenger thing is all your call lol.

nope i mean manillas, youve got 2.5.1920, 2.5.2012, 2.5.2016, and sense 2.1 that have all come out since calks last kitchen.

organizing the start menu can be done but its somewhat time consuming.
you can make an ext that would go at the end of your packages that would set your folders and where you want your shortcuts to go.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Thanks again 2k4mach
Old 07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v2.1 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 235xx | 4/22/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
Thanks again 2k4mach
np bud, alot of stuff is really trial and error.

the easiest way IMO to change the start icons would be to go find a set you like over on xda that are cabbed up and then just convert them to an EXT and name the ZZ-whatever you want.

thats the beauty of the visual kitchen is that it will overwrite files.

oh yeah and on manilla tweaks and stuff. make sure you name them so they end up being loaded after the main manilla is loaded. if you have say slider icons, and other tweaks before the actual manilla then the stock stuff will just overwrite the modded stuff you want. you want it to the be the other way around where the modded stuff overwrites the stock.

Last edited by 2k4mach; 07-18-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question HELPFUL KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
messenger thing is all your call lol.
All right.

Quote:
nope i mean manillas, youve got 2.5.1920, 2.5.2012, 2.5.2016, and sense 2.1 that have all come out since calks last kitchen.
What's a "Manilla"? What's a "Sense"?

Quote:
organizing the start menu can be done but its somewhat time consuming.
you can make an ext that would go at the end of your packages that would set your folders and where you want your shortcuts to go.
I know that - you have to do that every single time. I would like to automate the process for future roms so that the person who downloads it does not have to go messing with the shortcut. How would you go about making this mythical EXT file you were talking about?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-18-2010, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Re: HELPFUL KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
All right.

What's a "Manilla"? What's a "Sense"?

I know that - you have to do that every single time. I would like to automate the process for future roms so that the person who downloads it does not have to go messing with the shortcut. How would you go about making this mythical EXT file you were talking about?

- 2 Bunny
manilla is what is in calks kitchen.

sense is whats in OMJ's kitchen

psssssssssssst if you do an EXT for organizing your start menu than it will be organizing everytime you build a rom
Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Question Re: HELPFUL KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
manilla is what is in calks kitchen.

sense is whats in OMJ's kitchen

psssssssssssst if you do an EXT for organizing your start menu than it will be organizing everytime you build a rom
What is this "Manilla" and "Sense" stuff like, or are those typos for "Manila" and "SNES Emulator"?

I know, this EXT thing sounds exciting, but how do I go about making one?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
What is this "Manilla" and "Sense" stuff like, or are those typos for "Manila" and "SNES Emulator"?

I know, this EXT thing sounds exciting, but how do I go about making one?

- 2 Bunny
Manilla and "Sense is HTC software running on top of windows on your phone bud ( SPH mobile shell would do)

The manila is the orginial htc software running on top of windows ( that came with your diamond)

SEnse 2.1 and sense 2.5 is what most are using now ( was ported over to our vga phones)
Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned User

Question Re: HELPFUL KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher diamonds View Post
Manilla and "Sense is HTC software running on top of windows on your phone bud ( SPH mobile shell would do)

The manila is the orginial htc software running on top of windows ( that came with your diamond)

SEnse 2.1 and sense 2.5 is what most are using now ( was ported over to our vga phones)
I think Manila is a TouchFlow 3D Today Screen Plugin, not any "software running on top" of anything. As for "Sense", I have no idea... But if it has something to do with the ugliness of the ROMs that the OMJ kitchen pumps out, I'm glad I stayed away from it.

Say, you wouldn't know anything about pre organizing the folders and Start Menu in an EXT like that other fellow was talking about, would you?

- 2 Bunny
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I think Manila is a TouchFlow 3D Today Screen Plugin, not any "software running on top" of anything. As for "Sense", I have no idea... But if it has something to do with the ugliness of the ROMs that the OMJ kitchen pumps out, I'm glad I stayed away from it.

Say, you wouldn't know anything about pre organizing the folders and Start Menu in an EXT like that other fellow was talking about, would you?

- 2 Bunny
manilla/sense is what HTC calls touchflo.

touchflo isnt really considered a screen plugin as its more than just a pretty homescreen. sense 2.5 runs pretty deep within windows to almost completely hide the crappiness of some of the common areas of windows.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned User

Post MANILLA MANILA SENSE 3.999 OH MY Reply

Quote:
manilla/sense is what HTC calls touchflo.

touchflo isnt really considered a screen plugin as its more than just a pretty homescreen. sense 2.5 runs pretty deep within windows to almost completely hide the crappiness of some of the common areas of windows.
Really? So its like malware, only in the form of a screen plugin? What does it do to Windows Mobile, exactly? And are you confusing "Manila" with "Manilla"? Big difference, and one I know for sure even as a bit of a newbie: One is in a kitchen or CAB, and one is a flavor or color.

Also, if anyone has any hints on that EXT thing for the start menu, that would be fantastic.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development