PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ZALI- is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ
well boys & girls, hate to say it, but my Diamond days are numbered....yeah u probably guessed it, I will be leaving WM for the HTC EVO when it's released....so eventually my Diamond work will be winding down.
Oh man, thanks so much OMJ. For all of your roms, your kitchen, and all of the new things I saw in your roms. Good luck with your development with the Android side and your HTC EVO-Damn, that's a nice phone.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows
Carrier: Sprint

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillfearnoevil View Post
i missed a lot since my last flash ... do i still need the registry entry for 911? i'm on sprint.
23541 v1.2 appears to have the reg setting that OMJ recommended to have 911 work as normal. I don't know about the other roms, but this is an issue that you'll want to sort out right away.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...11#post1623923
Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Hey Nosey ... just come along with us, it should be great fun!!
Thanks for the invite to join everyone, do I need to pm you my shipping address so you can send me a phone when they come out

I own my diamond, it's just a year old (was an insurance replacement for a vogue that I was out of contract with), I'm not in a contract and because I own my phone I pay $10 for my data plan that is normally $40 if you are under a contract

maybe after they come out with it and all the kinks are out, but if your offer to join includes an out of contract new phone, sure, I'll come along!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well boys & girls, hate to say it, but my Diamond days are numbered....yeah u probably guessed it, I will be leaving WM for the HTC EVO when it's released....so eventually my Diamond work will be winding down.
Hope to see you OMJ and everyone else as well on EVO side, lol... On that note, we still have a couple months to wait, but it's great to see Sprint finally stepping up with some more than competitive hardware. Just wish they would put out a WM6.5.x HD2 variant. Regardless, Android looks like it's maturing very quickly, and it should be an excellent alternative to WM. Nonetheless, I've been using WM since the 6600/6700 days, and I'm sure it will be missed for some activesync work nausea, as well as for some specific applications in the short term, no matter how sweet Android turns out to be. Heck, for work, I'll probably keep at least a Diamond or TP2 on one line and the EVO on another, at least for a little while. That said, the processor speed, RAM, ROM, and screen size will be an incredible leap forward from the Diamond, and well worth any trade offs, to say the least.

Thanks again OMJ for all your help and top quality ROM and Kitchen contributions.
Cheers,
R
Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sense 2.1 2012 | 6.5 | 21895 | v1.1
(last updated 3/11)

DOWNLOAD
I have a lot of trouble answering phone calls or using the dialpad sometimes because the black bar at the bottom is on top of them. Basically, it's scary when I have just a few pixels to use the slider to answer a call...

Also, I have strange pauses with this ROM. v1.3 of the previous 6.5 build was blazing fast and after the initial load had no laginess, but now I get regular intermittent freezes. Anyone else having these problems? If I can't fix them I will probably have to go back to the previous (21887)...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
I have a lot of trouble answering phone calls or using the dialpad sometimes because the black bar at the bottom is on top of them. Basically, it's scary when I have just a few pixels to use the slider to answer a call...

Also, I have strange pauses with this ROM. v1.3 of the previous 6.5 build was blazing fast and after the initial load had no laginess, but now I get regular intermittent freezes. Anyone else having these problems? If I can't fix them I will probably have to go back to the previous (21887)...

check this reg setting...if it's not there, add it.....this is something I just recently was made aware of, and it may not be in that rom.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\PreloadModules\phcanImage2]
"Module"="\\windows\\phcanImages2.dll"
"Order"=dword:000000ff

Last edited by OMJ; 03-26-2010 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

installed Android to Internal Storage along w/ the dual boot option....this is my 1st Android experience, it's not to bad....need to get more familiar though, then start customizing.

good thing EVO comes w/ Sense UI
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ZALI- is a n00b

Quote:
installed Android to Internal Storage along w/ the dual boot option....this is my 1st Android experience, it's not to bad....need to get more familiar though, then start customizing.

Ya, make sure you get some live wallpapers. Although they will be obviously better and no bugs on your EVO. And also make sure you try some games, the accelerometer ones work so nice on the Diamond, on the EVO, they would be crazily amazing. I wished they released the EVO in my area.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

The issues that i've run into are:

1. Camera not working
2. No GPS
3. Power sucking like you wouldn't believe
4. So far most apps require access to online(all add supported) and don't necessarily shut down completely, lots of things running in background, all of which lead to the battery sucking.
5. Accidentally opening the wrong app while trying to scroll down to the right one, of course this one may just be me!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

masterpero is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to masterpero

Quote:
as everyone has been saying sorry to see you go omj, been with you since the old touch days, i probably will be jumpinmg on the evo ban wagon also, it definately is time for a change, love winmo, but kinda getting tired of the same ole, dont get me wront not giving up on winmo, but just would like to see better performance and more apps in future, but anyway, wanted to ask if you have heard anyting about being able to port the navigation tab and sprint tv tab from the new tp2 6.5 sense uprade, i know its new but just was asking?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development