PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:58 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

"Ken installed the Facebook for Android application to his phone." lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie1971 View Post
The issues that i've run into are:

1. Camera not working
2. No GPS
3. Power sucking like you wouldn't believe
4. So far most apps require access to online(all add supported) and don't necessarily shut down completely, lots of things running in background, all of which lead to the battery sucking.
5. Accidentally opening the wrong app while trying to scroll down to the right one, of course this one may just be me!
agree on all points....gotta keep going into app killer to kill all....oh well, it's just something to play w/ to get the feel of android....I'm back to WM/Sense already....

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpero View Post
as everyone has been saying sorry to see you go omj, been with you since the old touch days, i probably will be jumpinmg on the evo ban wagon also, it definately is time for a change, love winmo, but kinda getting tired of the same ole, dont get me wront not giving up on winmo, but just would like to see better performance and more apps in future, but anyway, wanted to ask if you have heard anyting about being able to port the navigation tab and sprint tv tab from the new tp2 6.5 sense uprade, i know its new but just was asking?
I havent heard much about those tabs being ported, but I havent really looked.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

OMJ - I have been rockin with OMJ_Diamond_Sense_2.5_2012_23541_v1.1 since you released it several weeks ago and I must say this rom is wonderful. Installed the latest SPB Mobile Shell. All is grand. I see there is a newer version out and noticed the change log but is there any reason to go to v1.2 from v1.1? The only thing I do not like is IE (slow and laggy), which has nothing to do with your rom. I have not been using the web much so no big deal. Overall, incredible rom. Thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
check this reg setting...if it's not there, add it.....this is something I just recently was made aware of, and it may not be in that rom.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\PreloadModules\phcanImage2]
"Module"="\\windows\\phcanImages2.dll"
"Order"=dword:000000ff
Mine was identical except for only single '\' instead of '\\' which I changed it to, but it had no effect, the black "send text" box at the bottom still makes it near-impossible to slide to answer a call or to get to my keypad within a call. This is kinda a dealbreaker...

Also, any idea why it's so much slower than the previous 2.1 6.5, and why it intermittently hiccups and freezes while I'm doing things? (Especially multi-tasking) Never had any such problems with the old 2.1 6.5 (except the Opera stuff and the edits I had to make to \Windows\27c65cbd_manila).
Old 03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
check this reg setting...if it's not there, add it.....this is something I just recently was made aware of, and it may not be in that rom.

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\PreloadModules\phcanImage2]
"Module"="\\windows\\phcanImages2.dll"
"Order"=dword:000000ff
I've been having the same issue, and it's now constant (I was having it occasionally and a soft reset would fix it).
I think I have the registry correct (was that way, I didn't do anything).
Any more suggestions?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Just wondering, is there anyway to create a custom tab or replace a tab with something else? I use google maps all the time (I manage a convenient store on an interstate and pull it up all the time to give directions), would love to have it as a tab instead of having to pull it up from a quicklink menu

To be honest, I just thought of this and haven't really done any research on it, but figured someone here could give a quick yes or no before I spend hours getting the right wording on a search

thanks
Old 03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Can you no longer hit the volume buttons to silence the ring/vibrate when you get an incoming call? I don't want to hit "ignore" because the caller knows you did that.

(bumped from earlier)
Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond
Carrier: Bell

rgraham is a n00b

Just wanted to thank you OMJ, I was a long time user of your roms. I have made the jump to android on a Nexus One on Bell Canada's new HSDPA network. Im loving what Android has to offer and the customization of it all. Rooted and put on a new rom the first day I got it! Once again THANKS for the new life you put into my Diamond!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
Just wondering, is there anyway to create a custom tab or replace a tab with something else? I use google maps all the time (I manage a convenient store on an interstate and pull it up all the time to give directions), would love to have it as a tab instead of having to pull it up from a quicklink menu

To be honest, I just thought of this and haven't really done any research on it, but figured someone here could give a quick yes or no before I spend hours getting the right wording on a search

thanks
Nope, there are very few custom tabs made for Sense, and those are the only things you can add.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / TP2 / Arrive
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

meangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuffmeangreen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post

thanks
Meltwater in XDA has put a tutorial if you are so inclined for building more tabs for manila, there is a facebook tab in its early stages
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

hmm... omj leaving? I guess diamond is now becoming and(or has been already?) antique. well, good luck to you and thanks for everything, I think you were the one of the first pioneer who brought Sense UI to diamond and opening up your kitchen to the public and started the fire... well.. I see lots of good things about Evo and I may jump on it... maybe next year...

again, thanks for all what you've done for diamond community!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development