PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well boys & girls, hate to say it, but my Diamond days are numbered....yeah u probably guessed it, I will be leaving WM for the HTC EVO when it's released....so eventually my Diamond work will be winding down.

Hey OMJ, Just wondering, who did you ask that gave you permission to switch? did you get a second opinion on your answer? did either of those people (I'm assuming they are human) know what they were talking about? maybe before you make such a harsh decision you should take a pole, and then take a pole on that pole to make sure that it was a valid pole.... Maybe what you could do, instead of switching to the EVO, you could add one to your account and keep both phones, and if you don't feel like carrying both phones at all times, I'm sure you can use call forwarding on the EVO so you could leave it at home and just use the diamond, better yet, use call forwarding on the EVO to the Diamond, then turn the power off on the EVO and put it somewhere safe and don't even touch it, that would save you a bunch of $$ each year on your electric bill with trying to keep 2 phones charged at all times

so, for the serious question, once you do leave, you do know that other roms will start to pass your rom with the changes and updates, if you had your choice, which cook and rom would you eventually switch to?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
So, for the serious question, once you do leave, you do know that other roms will start to pass your rom with the changes and updates, if you had your choice, which cook and rom would you eventually switch to?
Hey Nosey ... just come along with us, it should be great fun!!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
well boys & girls, hate to say it, but my Diamond days are numbered....yeah u probably guessed it, I will be leaving WM for the HTC EVO when it's released....so eventually my Diamond work will be winding down.
I'm with you. By the time this phone is released, I'll have had my Diamond for almost two years. More than any other phone I've had. I'll probably wait just a little bit to see if the price goes down (and let others work out the bugs), but this is definitely on my "to get" list.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

Nathan_Barstow14 is a n00b

OMJ, really appreciate all of the hard work you've done for us. I've been using your ROMS exclusively for quite some time now. I as well will be moving to the Android platform shortly. The day the HTC Incredible is released I will be at the store waiting to be the first one to get it here.

Having that said, I'd just like to point out an issue with the latest 23541 ROM. I've noticed that when I am tethering via USB with my Bluetooth turned on it will not work. I have to turn off BT before the tethering will work. Don't know if this is a known issue or not, so sorry if it is.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitzilla View Post
I was just looking for the same thing so yesterday I found and installed Calkulins Diamond EzInput 1.5.32437.0.cab and it works like a charm. Now I have fully functioning Phone Keypad along with the other previously installed ones. Search the forum and you will find a download link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewandy5 View Post
I've been using this rom for a while now on my Diamond and I love it. However I'm not liking the full qwerty on this thing as it's rather small, so is there a way to get the regular phone keypad or compact qwerty back? I know it's been asked before but I could not find an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo282 View Post
I believe the Nikoan89 keyboard is installed (if not install it) but to activate the phonepad you need to use the registry. Get something like PHMRegedit and goto the following:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > ezsip
2. Change the registry: BioToShowMenu to 1 (decimal) and hit ok
3. The menu with all the keyboard options should appear and then just select Phonepad

Even under Settings > Personal > Input it might read as full qwerty but the phonepad is being used and you can change settings without it reverting back. The full qwerty still does very rarely pop-up on certain things such as filtering for a contact, or some password fields which in most cases is more suitable anyways but it will usually bring up the phonepad. Also T9 works and you might want to change the setting of ABC word completion on in input settings so that you can update your dictionary.

New Nikoan89 keyboard:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536215

All three of you guys... if you want to use the 2.1 here is a little program to throw in your start menu so you don't have to do the reg edit (i think its just a little exe/script that does the same thing temporarily)
file attached...

Quote:
Mine too! and looking forward to learning new stuff about Anroid...

Thanks a MILLION for all your work and help with my Touch and my Diamond Buddy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SipButton.zip (6.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

Quote:
nope, it's fixed in the rom...well, it depends on which one you flash
flashed to: Sense 2.5 2012 | 6.5.5 | 23541 | v1.2

thank you for all your time & work on these roms!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows

mhhd00 is becoming a great contributor

Can you no longer silence the ring/vibrate on a call (by hitting the volume button)? I don't want to move the slider to "ignore" because then the person knows you ignored them. (I'm on 23541 v1.2)

re: moving to Android and the Evo: i'm afraid of sketchy battery life issues that i've heard about android, google knowing too much about me, and the cost of a new plan. a 4.3" screen is also way too big for my tight jean pockets.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

For those of you having trouble getting the notification bar at the top to register, I find that I have the most consistent success by pressing the upper left of the screen, where the old Start button used to be (this is for the 6.5.x ROMs). This usually pulls down the more finger friendly notification bar. Just an FYI.

As for my question... does anybody know of any good tweaks for Opera Mobile on the Diamond? It works okay, but I've noticed that when I use the back button, it doesn't feel like it's pulling from cache and instead trying to reload the entire previous page. I looked in opera:config, but there are about 20,000 different configurable settings and I have no clue what to look for. Any tips?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
you left us with a good rom, I can't see much more for updates in the future anyways.

Thanks!!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm with you. By the time this phone is released, I'll have had my Diamond for almost two years. More than any other phone I've had. I'll probably wait just a little bit to see if the price goes down (and let others work out the bugs), but this is definitely on my "to get" list.
Now that is a good plan.

Sorry to hear OMJ, absolutely love your ROMS but who knows maybe we'll see you over at the HTC EVO ROM site.

but, just to let you know until that day, lets partttttyyyyy!=D>omj=D>omj

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development