View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitzilla View Post
I was just looking for the same thing so yesterday I found and installed Calkulins Diamond EzInput 1.5.32437.0.cab and it works like a charm. Now I have fully functioning Phone Keypad along with the other previously installed ones. Search the forum and you will find a download link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewandy5 View Post
I've been using this rom for a while now on my Diamond and I love it. However I'm not liking the full qwerty on this thing as it's rather small, so is there a way to get the regular phone keypad or compact qwerty back? I know it's been asked before but I could not find an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo282 View Post
I believe the Nikoan89 keyboard is installed (if not install it) but to activate the phonepad you need to use the registry. Get something like PHMRegedit and goto the following:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > ezsip
2. Change the registry: BioToShowMenu to 1 (decimal) and hit ok
3. The menu with all the keyboard options should appear and then just select Phonepad

Even under Settings > Personal > Input it might read as full qwerty but the phonepad is being used and you can change settings without it reverting back. The full qwerty still does very rarely pop-up on certain things such as filtering for a contact, or some password fields which in most cases is more suitable anyways but it will usually bring up the phonepad. Also T9 works and you might want to change the setting of ABC word completion on in input settings so that you can update your dictionary.

New Nikoan89 keyboard:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536215

All three of you guys... if you want to use the 2.1 here is a little program to throw in your start menu so you don't have to do the reg edit (i think its just a little exe/script that does the same thing temporarily)
file attached...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well boys & girls, hate to say it, but my Diamond days are numbered....yeah u probably guessed it, I will be leaving WM for the HTC EVO when it's released....so eventually my Diamond work will be winding down.
Mine too! and looking forward to learning new stuff about Anroid...

Thanks a MILLION for all your work and help with my Touch and my Diamond Buddy!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SipButton.zip (6.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!