PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
WM 6.5.5 | 23541 | v1.1

DOWNLOAD

-no Opera
-no Google
-Added Youtube back in
-Incudes LZX Compression
-Added BackGround for All (thx Mwalt!)
-Updated the video drivers
-Added Slide-to-shutdown
-Added a few regedits
-Added Phone Codes shortcuts
-Updated Folder icons

-Storage= 85mb
-Program= 110mb
Sweet! Downloading now, thanks!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
I've never had that issue, I have exchange setup during SASHIMI vis xml....you can try my latest rom, posting next....
I checked in the registry and added the domain, however the change does not stick. So, no exchange email. The only thing activesync will tell me is that my password is incorrect. I have retyped it countless times and I did try to flash back to shipped, clear storage and flashed the rom.

I just downloaded your latest. Thanks. I will give it a shot.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
I'll try using the older version of AGPS package & see if that restores it back to the way it was.

though I just tested, loaded google, and it went straight to where I was
On a whim, I decided to download your latest kitchen (1.9) and cooked up a 21887 rom and enabled every instance that said something along the lines of location, agps, geolocation service, etc, etc, etc...and it worked (though not quite as polished as your roms when it comes to everything else)

Quote:
WM 6.5.5 | 23541 | v1.1

DOWNLOAD

-no Opera
-no Google
-Added Youtube back in
-Incudes LZX Compression
-Added BackGround for All (thx Mwalt!)
-Updated the video drivers
-Added Slide-to-shutdown
-Added a few regedits
-Added Phone Codes shortcuts
-Updated Folder icons

-Storage= 85mb
-Program= 110mb
ill test this and see if agps works thanks again OMJ

Edit - still no dice for me. Flashed, installed google maps and still getting 'your current location is temporarily unavailable'. ive tried installing it to both main and storage to no avail. When I got it working yesterday using your kitchen, I had it cooked in. I wonder if it needs to be cooked in as ive seen that suggestion before.

Last edited by pjsnyc; 02-27-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I checked in the registry and added the domain, however the change does not stick. So, no exchange email. The only thing activesync will tell me is that my password is incorrect. I have retyped it countless times and I did try to flash back to shipped, clear storage and flashed the rom.

I just downloaded your latest. Thanks. I will give it a shot.

I think i have had times when the server (google) is just not co-operating and i try to setup exchanger later on and it works....
Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started

differences between 23451 and 25006?

i just installed the 25006 last nite, over nite while locked and charged i woke up to it frozen and vibrating. had to remove the battery..

One cool thing i noticed was that the included opera in 25006 will actually open youtube app if you click on a video on the youtube web site!! Very nice... PRoblem is when i installed opera 10 v3 beta that feature went away.. is it a rom build option that allows this or the browser.. with opera10beta it opens streaming media and fails to play
Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadave View Post
Why is it so hard to make a program so that I can have the = icon on the top right corner and switch programs etc... why do i need a clock in the top right corner to begin with when there is a big clock on the home screen???

I absolutely hate clicking on a clock to bring a menu up and it sometiems likes to fight with the main task bar as to what is on top or what it brings up...
This is precisely why I never went past 6.5. I can't stand that useless dropdown thing either, I just want to be able to switch out my apps. There are a dozen ways to make it more 'finger friendly' (playing with XDAndroid reveals there are indeed) without stealing more screen real-estate or making it harder to switch between apps.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's good practice to flash a shipped ROM before a new custom rom with a different sys. If you don't, you will eventually end up with random hard resets during use (though it doesn't happen everytime you don't flash back to shipped). The best thing to do is flash the shipped rom and let it get the the 'tap here to calibrate screen'. Then just flash your custom ROM. There's no need to do anymore than that (though some people like to let it go through customization, hard reset, flash new custom, hard reset, and waste lots of time ).
Well I am not sure how you are doing this, I tried from the calibrate screen, the password screen, the copy/paste screen, the time/date screen and the screen at the blank screen at the end before customization, after flashing to stock, it never connects to ActiveSync until after customization

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Thanks OMJ, just testing, 1 quick thing would be to leave out the slide to unlock....wow this is very slow to load (almost 6 seconds).

I personally use mysoftreset (no warning) just touch the icon and you're soft reseting, their is one with a warning as well.

Last edited by iggy; 02-27-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Talking Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's good practice to flash a shipped ROM before a new custom rom with a different sys. If you don't, you will eventually end up with random hard resets during use (though it doesn't happen everytime you don't flash back to shipped). The best thing to do is flash the shipped rom and let it get the the 'tap here to calibrate screen'. Then just flash your custom ROM. There's no need to do anymore than that (though some people like to let it go through customization, hard reset, flash new custom, hard reset, and waste lots of time ).
I used to be one of the time wasters lol, and now I've gone to the other extreme of almost never flashing to the shipped rom. I've rationalized this by staying within the same com. The only time I now flash to shipped rom is if it coincides with a prl update. A reminder though, that if you do flash to shipped rom and have flashed a new radio, you will also have to flash the new radio again.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
A reminder though, that if you do flash to shipped rom and have flashed a new radio, you will also have to flash the new radio again.
Are you sure about this? I almost always flash to stock first, and I've never had to reflash my new radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development